Limelight Forums

Full Version: EMS Changes and their vehicles.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.> Ingame

In detail, explain your suggestion: I suggest we change the ambulance and firetruck to a more decent model and a more decent driving vehicle.

Why should this be implemented?

I think the current model isn't realistic for our RP situations. The ambulance hasn't got any axillery, turn lights and only 1 emergency lightning patern.

The firetruck is a model based from GTA. It's watercannon is non functioning and the ELS patterns are not fitting the lightning as it should be.

So what do I suggest as possible replacement vehicles?

Firtruck Scania 94D: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=Firetruck

This firetruck offers amazing possibilties to RP with. It's a vehicle wich is used daily in alot of fire departments here in the EU. I think this vehicle is more realistic into the perspective of Evocity and it's RP.

For the ambulance, I recommend the Mercedes Sprinter: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=Ambulance

This vehicle has a really great handling and is proton compitable.

Ofcourse I hear people ask: Can we get into the backside? Well no, that's unfortunnatly not included, but If you compare the amounts of time people who got revived want to be transported to the hospital, is 0.0
We're not in the EU though, that fire engine model there would be fairly unrealistic for a US-based server such as ours.

Mercedes Sprinters, however, I've seen fairly often with our local EMS services.

no to that engine, yes to the Sprinter if there's a skin that doesn't look like something from the EU.
(Apr 18, 2016, 06:19 PM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]We're not in the EU though, that fire engine model there would be fairly unrealistic for a US-based server such as ours.

Mercedes Sprinters, however, I've seen fairly often with our local EMS services.

no to that engine, yes to the Sprinter if there's a skin that doesn't look like something from the EU.

-Support to that gross ass fire engine, EU, more like eww. And we have sprinters in canada, but the paramedical service here use smaller versions of ambulances, and paramedical tahoes.
The current Fire ENGINE is the best option out of what there is available, and is a lot more detailed than that ugly Scania, and the Ford Ambulance just needs some handling changes. Also if you only have 1 flash pattern and no turn signals on the Ambulance, you're glitched out somehow.

-Support
I like it how people respond with "iewl the gross engine", but honestly: The current engine's light pattern is screwed: All lights will flash, even when changing code. So RPing with the lights is almost impossible.

Also to considere the ambulance, people respond with "Yes I like the sprinter, but blablabla", comeon be realistic:

- The model contains alot of polygons, makes it usage of video ram increasing.
- The backside is NEVER, and then I repeat NEVER used by anyone: People only want to be healed and then run off like nothing happend to them.
- The hoodlights are not working when sirens are turned on.
- The blinkers are not functioning when turning.

Just 2 be short: The sprinter will be a nice edition to replace the current ambulance.
So your reason to drop from the best Fire Engine available to the 3rd best is because the flash pattern on the top lights is the same for all codes? How will 3 blue dome lights be better?

The back of the ambulance is often used by people.

The Turn Signals worked fine last I saw.
-support very much so.

One. Scania does not exist in the U.S. It would be unrealistic and I actually like the fire engine we have. The interior needs work yes, but the rest of it works very well for my needs. I see no issues with the light patterns.

Two. The Ford is the most common and popular emergency ambulance in service in the U.S. The model works great and would be perfect if the turning was improved. When VCMod was turned back on, the lights work just fine, turning signals and all. And I see the rear used a lot. I'd like to see seating and laying in the stretcher options in back. Not getting rid of it. As for the Sprinter, isn't it used as a transport ambulance? Not a first responder?
-Support on model suggested

+Support for any better looking models.

Don't you have a WIP Firetruck?

[Image: yeM1phz.jpg]
(Apr 18, 2016, 07:11 PM)Katyusha Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 18, 2016, 06:19 PM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]We're not in the EU though, that fire engine model there would be fairly unrealistic for a US-based server such as ours.

-Support to that gross ass fire engine, EU, more like eww. And we have sprinters in canada, but the paramedical service here use smaller versions of ambulances, and paramedical tahoes.

I challenger you grabbing your trucks against the mighty power Scania

+Support for the Ambulance , as the truck needs a old Ford

this one  - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...text=truck
(Apr 19, 2016, 05:30 PM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 18, 2016, 07:11 PM)Katyusha Wrote: [ -> ]

I challenger you grabbing your trucks against the mighty power Scania

+Support for the Ambulance , as the truck needs a old Ford

this one  - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...text=truck

IT IS PHOTON DAM IT! I BEG YOU GET THE DAM VEHICLE AND NOT PHOTON! <3
      - Support 

I've used the back of the ambulance often, I've also tested many other ambulance models in Gmod. Yes the current ambulance needs some work but not a replacement (If you do the GMC kicktop please). After testing the Scania its really not that good, it feels too light, and has room for only four people, where as the current fire engine has seating for six, turns on a dime (Should really be fixed, but why fix a good thing right?). As for the lights I couldn't agree more the lack of rear traffic adviser lights needs to be addressed.
+ Support for Scania

I was in the volunteer fire department youngers division for 4 years or so. Scania is simple.

Murica is not the center of the world.
-Support for both

1. The American fire engine is more fitting to the CityRP game-mode seeing as this is primarily US based. It'd be weird to be developing American law enforcement and EMS skins and then go and add in a Scania, which for the record looks horrible imo. Too European. Not that being European is a bad thing, but for CityRP I just don't think it can work. The American fire engine is sexy.

2. Transit is just as bad. I don't support anything with Transits because I'm hoping someday we can get rid of it and replace it with the Mercedes Sprinter which has more configurations regarding body-groups.
(Apr 20, 2016, 11:26 AM)RK-FIN Wrote: [ -> ]+ Support for Scania

I was in the volunteer fire department youngers division for 4 years or so. Scania is simple.

No one ever said it was.

Scania vs GTA4 Fire Engine

Better Model: GTA4 (Not by any means a good model, but it still beats out the Scania because it at least has details in the interior)
Emergency Lighting: GTA4 (4 times as many lights, while the 8 top rotary beacons cannot offer variation in flash pattern, there are also the lights on front if you really want some variation. The Scania only has the 3 rotary beacons.)
High Speed Handling: GTA4 (At low speeds they're about equal, with the GTA4's length offsetting its sharper turning abilities, but at high speed the Scania's rear end has a bad habit of breaking loose, causing the vehicle to fishtail. With experienced players this won't be a problem, but we should also "newb-proof" the vehicles, so the 1 hour player doesn't end up accidentally wiping out a crowd)

Basically in every way I see the GTA4 Fire Engine is either equal to or greater than the Scania. Of the vehicles on the workshop, the GTA4 Fire Engine is the most detailed, newest, and most appropriate for the setting. I would love to see an updated engine out there though, but I feel the ones posted in this thread so far fall short of the current option.
(Apr 20, 2016, 01:10 PM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 20, 2016, 11:26 AM)RK-FIN Wrote: [ -> ]+ Support for Scania

No one ever said it was.

Scania vs GTA4 Fire Engine

Better Model: GTA4 (Not by any means a good model, but it still beats out the Scania because it at least has details in the interior)
Emergency Lighting: GTA4 (4 times as many lights, while the 8 top rotary beacons cannot offer variation in flash pattern, there are also the lights on front if you really want some variation. The Scania only has the 3 rotary beacons.)
High Speed Handling: GTA4 (At low speeds they're about equal, with the GTA4's length offsetting its sharper turning abilities, but at high speed the Scania's rear end has a bad habit of breaking loose, causing the vehicle to fishtail. With experienced players this won't be a problem, but we should also "newb-proof" the vehicles, so the 1 hour player doesn't end up accidentally wiping out a crowd)

Basically in every way I see the GTA4 Fire Engine is either equal to or greater than the Scania. Of the vehicles on the workshop, the GTA4 Fire Engine is the most detailed, newest, and most appropriate for the setting. I would love to see an updated engine out there though, but I feel the ones posted in this thread so far fall short of the current option.
You are talking about a vehicle that its lights/handling has been worked on by LL devs while the other one has not been touched.
Pages: 1 2