Limelight Forums

Full Version: Vehicles and Prisoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suggestion for In-Game

What is this? Make it so detained players are unable to exit a vehicle if the doors are locked.

Why do we need this? Since the removal of internal locking, players who are detained by either handcuffs or hostage rope can hop out of vehicles at any time. I feel that they should not be able to leave locked vehicles while detained, which would allow for more RP.

(Officers could hold a suspect in their cruiser while dealing with other stuff at the scene, hostage takers could transport a hostage across the map without having to worry about them bailing at a red light, etc)
+support
+support
+support
Sours Approves of this suggestion:

+Support
+support also i have noticed that now if you tie someone up while they are on a chair, they can still get off
+Support
why not just make that when the car is locked it also is internally locked ?
Since when can you get out of vehicles when the doors are locked ? (In RL)
So i dont see anything wrong with combining the internally lock function with outside lock function.

but anyways

+support
(Mar 22, 2016, 12:25 PM)Space Glitch Wrote: [ -> ]why not just make that when the car is locked it also is internally locked ?
So i dont see anything wrong with combining the internally lock function with outside lock function.

but anyways

+support
In RL you can unlock a locked car door from the inside in like a second.

+support for the main suggestion
(Mar 22, 2016, 01:14 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 22, 2016, 12:25 PM)Space Glitch Wrote: [ -> ]why not just make that when the car is locked it also is internally locked ?

but anyways

+support

You dont understand

You CANT get out a vehicle if it is LOCKED

Or  can you exit a car while it is outside locked?
(Even though there is only 1 lock thing in RL)
Yeah you can, you flip the lock switch and pull that magical lever thing.  Witchcraft happens and the door opens. There's no difference in the locks on the car aside from the fact that the door can be opened from the inside by whomever, certain exceptions not included(Cage on a police vehicle)
(Mar 22, 2016, 10:14 PM)Space Glitch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 22, 2016, 01:14 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]

but anyways

+support

You dont understand

You CANT get out a vehicle if it is LOCKED

Or  can you exit a car while it is outside locked?
(Even though there is only 1 lock thing in RL)

You can't get out while it's locked but cars have those "switches" (fuck if I know how to call them) near the handles that let passengers unlock locked doors from the inside.
+Support
In real life, most cars have doors that can be locked/unlocked using a mechanical switch on each door. These allow occupants to easily lock or unlock doors.

Some cars have handles that when pulled, also unlock the door. These are usually only in the front, for child safety reasons.

My suggestion is to just not let anyone who is handcuffed or tied up be able to exit locked vehicles. This is better than internal locking as those not restrained don't have to deal with the internal locking system, while still being to hold cuffed/tied people in a car. (I witnessed a few times where taxi drivers would internally lock their fare in the car and lake it, drowning them. I was against internal locks and am glad they are gone.)
+support
Pages: 1 2 3