Limelight Forums

Full Version: Trucking In Limelight.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I am going to take this out of the thread I made on the other community earlier.
A few things will be cut out just to make it sounds like I am replying to my self.

Trucking is something I have loved a lot and since a small child I have had a bunch of small toys of
scania etc. So with this thread I may be a little biased will talk about the negative sides.

Now trucking is something that can bring a lot of roleplay towards the server. For example, MTL can be used in many
different ways whether it is for a clan like FUMUKU or CERB in which they may want to have trucks as a use of moving
Vehicles around or shipments of weapons etc. Now also passive role play can come into play. For Example, Police
roleplay if using a box trailer with a police skin on it although may not be used a lot but can be useful. Gun Dealers can
use them to ship weaponry to other clans or players which using a transit isn't as great although that comes to my next point.

Now using a transit to transport props around is hard. Slightly easier in a Ford Raptor although can fall out easily. That
is why having a scania or whatever Temar chooses to use can be much better. There are multiple trailers for TDM which
can be used for many different roleplays.

For Example:

Box Trailer: Shipment delivery (Shopping Market, ClanRP, etc)  
Flatbed Trailer: Delivering Vehicles or Containers. (Vehicle Dealer, DocksRP, etc)
Single Dolly Trailer: Used on SUV/4x4 etc. Can alter rp. 
Any many more.

Now for the mingy part. Most would say when a minge joins the server, they see what kind of mess they can create.
Although when a minge does join they are not going to donate straight away and suddenly get the truck to minge.
Now making the Truck around 300k - 400k Sounds about right to me as that is about 2x the amount they are normally.
The REP system can come into use here as making it around 5 REP is well enough as even One REP shows that you can
do some kind of roleplay well. Also instead of REP or maybe even and, you could add a hour restriction to the vehicle. 
Around 20-40 Hours would be the limit I would say as anything under may be an issue and around that shows dedication
to role play and the server.

Also most would say the roads are too small. That is not true as at the end of the day it is up to how well you can control
the truck and how you turn around a corner. I could get around v33x with ease and not worry about my trailer and that
isn't because I have used TDM Trucks a lot but because v3xx is pretty decent.

Now out of the content to use on the server. I would personally say LW Trucks as they have around the same amount of

trucks and also many skins/bodygroups meaning Mechanic's can have a bit more fun. LoneWolfie also has quite a few trucks
and many more on this SVN link from what I remember.

Anyhow this is what I have to say and anymore information that you desire to be added then give me a shout. 
Also any questions then feel free to PM me or reply on this topic!
+Support aslong as the REP System you said.
+Support , doesnt need to have REP system , i really hate people trying to block features , make it expensive but not with REP's , the most content free of REPS more people will enjoy , also the trailers from TDM doesnt have interior , but trailers from LW have interior where u can actually tranport things inside , and btw small tip , soulripper isnt no one here , owner its Temar.
+Support, even though this isn't a suggestion thread.
(Mar 11, 2016, 04:22 PM)Chocolate Labrador Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 11, 2016, 04:07 PM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]+Support , doesnt need to have REP system , i really hate people trying to block features , make it expensive but not with REP's , the most content free of REPS more people will enjoy , also the trailers from TDM doesnt have interior , but trailers from LW have interior where u can actually tranport things inside , and btw small tip , soulripper isnt no one here , owner its Temar.

Where does he say soulripper is owner?

He doesnt say directly its the owner but if i quote "That is why having a scania or whatever Soulripper chooses to use can be much better." and him isnt nothing to here , if in last someone must choose its Temar.
(Mar 11, 2016, 04:52 PM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 11, 2016, 04:22 PM)Chocolate Labrador Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 11, 2016, 04:07 PM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]+Support , doesnt need to have REP system , i really hate people trying to block features , make it expensive but not with REP's , the most content free of REPS more people will enjoy , also the trailers from TDM doesnt have interior , but trailers from LW have interior where u can actually tranport things inside , and btw small tip , soulripper isnt no one here , owner its Temar.

Where does he say soulripper is owner?

He doesnt say directly its the owner but if i quote "That is why having a scania or whatever Soulripper chooses to use can be much better." and him isnt nothing to here , if in last someone must choose its Temar.

As I said. This was taken from a reply I had made on FL. So I had taken it directly from there to here and something may not be right.

The reason I said REP was more of a secondary suggestion. I mean I would rather have hours and it is easier to achieve and keeps players longer. Also I agree with the LW Trucks & Trailers as they are much better modeled as his content is not in packs.
(Mar 11, 2016, 06:02 PM)Midget HD Wrote: [ -> ]

The reason I said REP was more of a secondary suggestion. I mean I would rather have hours and it is easier to achieve and keeps players longer. Also I agree with the LW Trucks & Trailers as they are much better modeled as his content is not in packs.

Yeah i understand , but lock with hours would be better Smile
I'll stay with my position that I've had for a while; I think semi trucks would work best on a map with the size of evocity2.
(Mar 11, 2016, 07:16 PM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]I'll stay with my position that I've had for a while; I think semi trucks would work best on a map with the size of evocity2.

Semi trucks are as about as good as a transit? You can only put like a smart car in it which we don't have or only a few boxes. Although Lorries can have about 3x bigger and can create a few more roleplays.
(Mar 11, 2016, 07:50 PM)Midget HD Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 11, 2016, 07:16 PM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]I'll stay with my position that I've had for a while; I think semi trucks would work best on a map with the size of evocity2.

Semi trucks are as about as good as a transit? You can only put like a smart car in it which we don't have or only a few boxes. Although Lorries can have about 3x bigger and can create a few more roleplays.

Purpose of a semi truck is to haul large shipments for long distances. Despite how I actually like semis, I don't see much of a point in having them on the maps we currently have. EG the only proper shipping yard I've seen on a decent map is on evocity2, and said map has a fair bit of diversity when it comes to a haul(agricultural regions, industrial district, financial, suburban areas).
(Mar 11, 2016, 07:57 PM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 11, 2016, 07:50 PM)Midget HD Wrote: [ -> ]

Purpose of a semi truck is to haul large shipments for long distances. Despite how I actually like semis, I don't see much of a point in having them on the maps we currently have. EG the only proper shipping yard I've seen on a decent map is on evocity2, and said map has a fair bit of diversity when it comes to a haul(agricultural regions, industrial district, financial, suburban areas).

True although since Source can only allow such a size of a map at the moment. Going to test out a LW Truck on the Evocity v33x/rockford and may record it. See how it goes
+ Support!

I thought of this the other day, and I'd love trucks on LL, even better with RPs!
(Mar 14, 2016, 05:08 PM)WillyVodka Wrote: [ -> ]+ Support!

I thought of this the other day, and I'd love trucks on LL, even better with RPs!

I man who I can relate to!
I for one would love to see trucks in the game. From the box trucks to the 18 wheelers... Bring it on.

Especially in Rockford where the city is surrounded by the county roads, the trucks can bypass downtown and just hit the warehouses and the Industrial area.

v33x would be more of a stretch, not as much road. Still doable but man, downtown would be a nightmare with trucks.

Oh I'd love to see them. Might hand in my fire helmet for a trucker's hat if that happens.
Pages: 1 2 3