Limelight Forums

Full Version: Property System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Property System 

Table of Contents

Section 1 - Synopsis
Section 2 - Detailed Description(s)
Section 3 - Purpose

Section 1:

This property system would replace the current system which simply works by allowing individual(s) to purchase individual doors by pressing F2 and restricting them to a maximum of 'X' doors. This proposition would bring forth a new system that would allow an individual to purchase an entire lot simply by purchasing the front door. This system makes more sense in situations where an individual is living in a property that has more doors than they can purchase due to the current restrictions.

Section 2:

Description

An individual can purchase the entire lot by purchasing an unowned door of the lot that they wish to purchase entirely. For example, purchasing the front door of a home would give them ownership to all doors on the property including any possible fences outside. 

Depending on the property size a set value (tax) will be deducted from your wallet every payday. If you wish to split this amount amongst multiple people you must first grant them access to the door and they must then press F2 on the door to become a co-owner. This will also apply to situations where clan access is set and the individual must come and press F2 on one of the doors to become an owner of the property. Individuals can still grant people access to the property and not have them pay and they can simply do this by granting them access to the door and NOT having them press F2 on the door.

Another thing that comes into question is how many properties can one own and I think that it would only be fair to make it so that an individual can only own (1) property as there are only so many real estate options for a server with a population of around 50-60. This does not mean they can only have one property as another person can still purchase another property and grant them access to it. The more properties you become an owner of there is going to obviously be a higher amount of money you are going to have to pay due to taxes. 

Should taxes be a choice? I believe it should be. There are a few ways this can be done, whether it is simply an notification that comes up during payday or a way to access a tax-menu via a command such as /taxes. You should be able to see the amount you currently owe and have options such as Pay and Postpone. After each payday you will have 'X' amount of time to make a decision or else it will automatically select Postpone. By postponing your payment it will increase by a percentage next payday and after so many times will result in the property being marked for an Eviction and the owner(s) of the property will be issued a warrant. Whether they are issued a warrant automatically or whether law enforcement has to manually check who owns the property is a decision up to the community/developers. I also believe there should be a checkbox on the menu that will allow you to choose an option to automatically pay the taxes.

Section 3

The reason for this entire system is because it makes more sense. It does not make sense to be able to own (X) amount of doors of a building, such as the main entrance doors but not be able to own some interior doors. This system will just allow you to own those larger properties in their entirety but also require you to pay a property tax to balance it out. Properties should not be able to be purchased in a one-time fee. 

Credits to Temar for the original proposition.
+Support
+support
+support
Seems much more freeing then the current system, and would no doubt increase opportunities for good RP
+Support
+support

One question though, government owned buildings, would that still be taxed to the player? For example, if I buy the fire station to use as a fire station, it really is a building accessible for the entire government and not really private property.
That raises a good question and I believe that building should be an exception but I don't think it should apply anywhere else as it could be used for Government to lay claim to many buildings and not end up having to pay for them.
+Support

ohhh, tax evasion, sounds like much fun !
ok, so a few areas then that could be considered 'Government Facilities'

Nexus/City Hall
Firestation
Hospital
EMS Station

This is for both v33x and Rockford. Anything I'm missing?
(Jan 29, 2016, 07:47 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]ok, so a few areas then that could be considered 'Government Facilities'

Nexus/City Hall
Firestation
Hospital
EMS Station

This is for both v33x and Rockford.  Anything I'm missing?

Police Station for Rockford

+Support
+support
+support although I'm not sure about having the limit be 1 property. If you buy a business property, that means you can't own a home, or vice versa.
I think allowing (2) properties may be okay since you are going to have to pay a tax and I believe the tax can vary based on location of the property, size and number of doors.
+Support
+Support
Pages: 1 2