Limelight Forums

Full Version: Rockford - Now Live!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ladies and gentlemen,
I present to you, our latest map revision to the US dedicated servers. Rockford.

Rockford
Noice :3
Very awesome. Can't wait to get lost in there!
The Rock must be pretty stoked to have a city named after him.
I can't wait for this! my only concern though is that the map might be a bit to big.. Lets hope it turns out well Big Grin
yesyesyesyesYES
[Image: i5Woips.gif]
Just hope people venture from 33x and play it. Last time I was on the US server, ping had 0 affect. Looking forward to playing on rockford for a change from an evocity map.
Looks pretty nice, but the main area seems to be a bit big for the server. I've seen a lack of popularity for this map on other GMod servers, but maybe that can change here. A nice change from the normal EvoCity maps though!
Shame its not coming to the EU server.
(Dec 30, 2015, 10:36 PM)Kyle Fraser Wrote: [ -> ]Shame its not coming to the EU server.

Doesn't mean you cant venture over to the US one.
(Dec 30, 2015, 10:36 PM)Kyle Fraser Wrote: [ -> ]Shame its not coming to the EU server.

I agree but maybe if it's successful they'll do a trial run on EU servers, nearly bored of v33x.
Cannot wait for this to drop! Time to explore in single player
Personally I don't see what the big deal is on where the server is located. Sure there may be some additional lag, but that is not that big of a deal. US, EU, it doesn't matter to me as long as there are players on playing it.

I'm from the US and I've been playing on the EU servers for a few years now and had no issues with it. And this is on a 5 year old PC with basic internet.

Until the servers are maxed out 24/7, I'd be hesitant to add another server with the same map on it.
(Dec 30, 2015, 10:45 PM)evilmat360 Wrote: [ -> ]

Doesn't mean you cant venture over to the US one.
And have crappy ping  Undecided 

We've been asking for a new map in ages, and now it's US exclusive  Dodgy

(Dec 31, 2015, 12:38 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I don't see what the big deal is on where the server is located.  Sure there may be some additional lag, but that is not that big of a deal.  US, EU, it doesn't matter to me as long as there are players on playing it.  

I'm from the US and I've been playing on the EU servers for a few years now and had no issues with it.  And this is on a 5 year old PC with basic internet.

Until the servers are maxed out 24/7, I'd be hesitant to add another server with the same map on it.

It's the difference between 50 and 150 of ping talk about being shellfish, not everyone is used to play with crappy pings.

Anything above 100 ping on Source games affects experience, especially the unoptimized mess Gmod is.
Here, kobi is right. Though it may not effect some aspects of RP, especially those that seem to be fighting the 'ping doesn't matter to much' argument, the demographic appears to be very detail-centered RP. Which is fine by all means, but others might not find it fun. Those making this argument who usually deal with ping of around 150-180 too, namely as this is the ping of the average US player. Your style of play might be adapted to the higher ping. However, making the transition from around 40 ping to 180 like the majority of the players will be on joining Rockford, let me tell you from experience that while it might not affect fundamental things like walking, the transition in things like shooting and worse yet driving, especially faster cars is extremely difficult to deal with.

Now, with the above information in mind while I do not rightly support a US-only Rockford, and I'm sure many players will agree with me, I can see the logic in at least keeping Rockford US exclusive for a while in order to try and boost the playerbase.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts and I hope the information here can help clear things up for people on both sides of the argument.

Edit: Oh, and I'd just like to say my heart goes out to all Australian and Asian, as well as any other group with high pings regardless for holding your tongue in what must seem a meaningless debate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4