Limelight Forums

Full Version: Money Packs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
After much discussion we have decided to add Money packs option to donate page

its priced at £1.50 per pack which gives $50,000 ingame money
if you buy 7 - 14 packs you also get a 5% discount
and 15+ packs you get a 10% discount

https://limelightgaming.net/donate/index.php
RIP L2 economy forever....
Even though i dont like it, its gonna allow for more people to rp as they dont have to contrawhore to get back to where they where on the Other Community
This was a decission made by the Community. We would like to thank you for your input on the matter.
https://limelightgaming.net/index.php?topic=2227.0
Money packs were definitely worth adding:

[Image: 8db004069f72b4c86ecee35254d54339.png]

lol
Something is not right there... I'll pass that on to the correct team
I want to see jonos idea implemented, Half the money should go to charity then I will throw my dollar at this community. 
Sweet I need to buy me some admin dolla
(Nov 19, 2015, 06:47 PM)Mysterious link Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see jonos idea implemented, Half the money should go to charity then I will throw my dollar at this community.
Hm yes thank you for reminding me abaout that.  Ill bring it up. Well it isnt a bad idea really
Personally i like it
(Nov 19, 2015, 03:52 PM)Mysterious link Wrote: [ -> ]RIP L2 economy forever....

That was the reason why money packs had not been added already. We tried to come up with ideas on how to make it easier for players to earn money in-game but nothing seemed to work. We also tried coming up with ways in which to add money packs that the players would have to contribute to, this also didn't work.

The fact is that no GMod community will ever have a fully functioning economy - it just won't work. There isn't a big enough market or crafting system to allow for it.

It's something we really would have liked to have seen, but it just wasn't a possibility. We hope the addition will help the community grow.

P.S. Before people say this is so admins will get more money, we no longer get paid.
Rip economy, the ratio of $ per in-game money is off the charts.

(Nov 19, 2015, 04:36 PM)Burnett link Wrote: [ -> ]This was a decission made by the Community. We would like to thank you for your input on the matter.
https://limelightgaming.net/index.php?topic=2227.0

Guess we aren't seeing the same result in that pool.

(Nov 19, 2015, 07:27 PM)George link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Mysterious link=topic=2808.msg26859#msg26859 date=1447941125]
RIP L2 economy forever....

That was the reason why money packs had not been added already. We tried to come up with ideas on how to make it easier for players to earn money in-game but nothing seemed to work. We also tried coming up with ways in which to add money packs that the players would have to contribute to, this also didn't work.

The fact is that no GMod community will ever have a fully functioning economy - it just won't work. There isn't a big enough market or crafting system to allow for it.

It's something we really would have liked to have seen, but it just wasn't a possibility. We hope the addition will help the community grow.

P.S. Before people say this is so admins will get more money, we no longer get paid.
[/quote]

I would:
* remove "automatic salary" from ALL jobs. Even the government jobs.
* create a central bank which could set the taxes and all the economic factors, like for example interests.
* create flags for "government" which admins could give to players, or the players could receive automatically when the reached a certain amount of played time.
* create a democratic governent election system.
* make the government able to control the central bank.
* make the gamemode require scriptenforcer to be set on 1.
* create a system which give new players a random amount of money. It would be a bit configurable by the government.
* create a company system which gives players who have a certain amount of money access to start a joint-stock company.
* create a stock system which would be the center of stock trading.
* create a realistic bank system which would be administrated by the central bank.
* create flags for different products, so people could buy these flags and then start buying shipments of the products to later sell the products and start a company of their own.
* make the door prices flexible, so the prices would be set after how rich the local population are.
* create police/paramedic/firefighter jobs which would be supported by taxes, fines, and bills.
* create an apartment and house market system.

All this doesn't matter now, the moment money packs are in, it's game over.

And with this value of $ per money, we don't even have to wait until tomorrow to kill the economy.
Blimey! It didn't take you long to carry out this update when there are so many more waiting that'll actually increase the quality of the servers. I wonder why that is...
(Nov 19, 2015, 07:48 PM)GRiiM link Wrote: [ -> ]Blimey! It didn't take you long to carry out this update when there are so many more waiting that'll actually increase the quality of the servers. I wonder why that is...

This is extremely easy to implement compared to the other content.

I expected you to be more intelligent than that.
(Nov 19, 2015, 07:49 PM)Kobi Blade link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=GRiiM link=topic=2808.msg26886#msg26886 date=1447955305]
Blimey! It didn't take you long to carry out this update when there are so many more waiting that'll actually increase the quality of the servers. I wonder why that is...

[/quote]

A lot of the content that's waiting is just model additions and changes etc...
That's easier to implement than this.
(Nov 19, 2015, 07:49 PM)Kobi Blade link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=GRiiM link=topic=2808.msg26886#msg26886 date=1447955305]

[/quote]

Easier than dragging and dropping workshop files in?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5