Limelight Forums

Full Version: [Refresh megathread] Bugs, suggestions and all that.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So due to a very tight time limit I got from Wood. some things may have been overlooked etc. in operation refresh

If you find a bug, or have a suggestion please post them all here.
The Vehicle HP & Petrol indicators seem a little too pink, maybe make them a darker red.
- Market prices show the price of 1 item, but manufactures 5.
- Mixtures don't show ingredients
- HUD box doesn't adapt to name size.
- There's no inventory size
- Permanent laws tab should stay closed once closed.
- It needs commas between thousands e.g 300000 becomes 300,000.
- Money is a tad big in the bottom left, unnecessary

-Will update later with more bugs-

Quickly unnoticed bugs
Microphone indicator does not indicate the color of the person speaking, but always your own (orange for gundealer, green for civilian, etc).
When spawning props a window shows up with (X / 0) props. The 0 doesn't change.
(X being the number of spawned props.)

Text in the F1 menu doesn't disappear when a different item is selected. They just overlap
Mixtures don't show required ingredients, the prices in the market really need commas to separate thousands too.

The laws tab seems a little too hard to find/

Some binds such as the molotov bind don't show up in the binds section.

Long names and job names extend out of the boxes in the HUD.

Currently the only way to access the minimalist HUD is through the console, really needs a command to make it easier.

Longer location names extend off the screen.

There's no 'give' option for any items whatsoever.

The clan section still takes you to a redirect link instead of the actual page.

The bar measuring MPH looks like it should fill up, but it doesn't.

Chat box seems a bit too close to the HUD.

Maybe more if I find anymore.
Location CUts Through
[Image: 8700aa82deae96441830a663f867549c.jpg]
[Image: 6771f3729d57806e5f493fe5ac794a64.jpg]
When you die/changejobs/arrested/injail/etc.
[Image: b9b1a72358c329cfb9c1872bf92b5e34.png]

Suggestion:
I think there should be a model preview when you hover over clothing like our last f1 menu
[Image: c53053efdf1246fdda088653f86eec05.png]
This is just too bland

Cant scroll down or view my laws

[Image: f619710deec301f47529c86cb82b9463.png]

It would be best if everything would expand down like in the old hud.

Suggestion to F1

Options Menu where you can adjust the HUD and your preferences if you want the old hud back from last time or the really really really old hud + f1 menu as well (would be nice feature) as well as the microphone indicator and such.
Thoughts, bugs, suggestions, etc. Will add things if I come up with more.

1) Make commas between thousands. E.g 300000 becomes 300,000 and 1250000 becomes 1,250,000. With the way it is right now I have to recount zeros all the time.

2) Please do something about those white stripes at inventory and market, they are out of place with the dark theme.

3) Mixtures do not show ingredients.

4) Permanent laws keep reopening every time you re-enter the F1 menu (vol told me he'd fix this but just in case ^-^)

5) If you are going to make market things NOT filtered by price, a search function is needed.

6) Prop limit shows "number"/0 every time. (Does not show maximum prop count)

7) F1 menu seems to close whenever it feels like it. (Might be just me)(EDIT: Reconnecting solved this)

8) No inventory space indicator (unless I'm blind and don't see it)

9) Prices listed per unit yet we only manufacture in shipments of 5

EDIT: 10) Location indicators can be seen in both bottom right and top left corners of the screen.
11) "Minimal" hud reverts back to original on reconnect.

I am really liking where this is going, great job and thank you to the people who worked on this!
Would also be nice if market prices would order to highest to lowest. Would be great infact.
(Oct 20, 2015, 02:09 AM)CounterCraftz link Wrote: [ -> ]Would also be nice if market prices would order to highest to lowest. Would be great infact.

This too.
Location was supposed to be a different font, not quite sure what happened there.

I'll check with the devs about that.
Just an update to my last post:

All the issues people seem to be having are to do with the fonts. This is what it should look like:
[Image: df973ad8c2aa39224110f03e44671ec8.jpg]

I'll send them over to the devs to add to the server ASAP.

We'll also try and sort out the issue where the names overlap.
[Image: f619710deec301f47529c86cb82b9463.png]

Perment laws is in a dropdown menu, will add a cookie on it for next revision
The interface in general needs to be a lot less clunky and old-fashioned. This looks like something premade in a drag-and-drop style program...

The colour also needs to be changed. Black and green is way too dark; make it more neutral like white and green.

In the inventory, categories are shown for items I don't have.

I don't see how the market will work; the images are square and the information panels are horizontal. The images will end up being too small. Make the panels bigger vertically and then add the information on the side rather than in a new tab.

Readd the updates tab.
Quote:In the inventory, categories are shown for items I don't have.

At request from the admins this is intended.
Alright people, if you are giving feedback please give it in a way which we can base improvements out of

"Ermeghed it doesnt look good." doesnt help as it gives me no indication on how it can be improved, and it does not give any chance for the other players to discuss the changes you propose
I like the idea of what you guys are trying to do, but honestly I am not too keen on the new F1 menu.
I think it is because of the following which maybe will make it look better, if everyone agree's of course:

I hope none of these are duplicates, I tried to make sure they were not:
- Menu is not new-player friendly.
  - Hard to navigate and work through, there are too many stages to get to where you need to go.

- I feel as if the white box the inventory/market items are in is missing something.
  - The text has been made very small in the corner, with just an empty white box for the image on the right.

- EVERYTHING needs better padding. Text, images etc... is very close to the sides.
  - I think it would improve the look massively if there was better spacing.

- Bottom left HUD:
  - I think this is too small, the colors used are bland.
    - Especially for some people that are hard of sight, this hasn't been taken into account.
    - Spacing Smile
- Already mentioned I think but as for locations:
  - Needs to have the text aligned to the right, as well as a width that is not fixed.

Quote:Options Menu where you can adjust the HUD and your preferences if you want the old hud back from last time or the really really really old hud + f1 menu as well (would be nice feature) as well as the microphone indicator and such.
THIS!!
Pages: 1 2 3