Limelight Forums

Full Version: [Refresh megathread] Bugs, suggestions and all that.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm liking the new HUD, but the F1 menu is a little counter-intutive. What annoys me the most is when you go to Inventory in F1 it takes a lot longer to use. You used to be able to have multiple sections open so that it would literally take a single F1 press and then 1 click to spawn/use an item.
This is no longer the case, and taking any item out takes 3 times as long because each time you go into your inventory you have to click on the section and click on the item before you can do anything with it.
Usually items need to be taken out in a hurry.
The Inventory section should either be the way it was before, or the Info tab should merge with the Content tab.

[Also, a glitch- anything that appears in the Info tab stays there so if you click on another item after clicking an item you see a jumble of text]
(Oct 20, 2015, 12:38 PM)sauce link Wrote: [ -> ]pecially for some people that are hard of sight, this hasn't been taken into account.
    - Spacing Smile
- Already mentioned I think but as for locations:
  - Needs to have the text aligned to the right, as well as a width that is not fixed.

Quote:Options Menu where you can adjust the HUD and your preferences if you want the old hud back from last time or the really really really old hud + f1 menu as well (would be nice feature) as well as the microphone indicator and such.
THIS!!
this
(Oct 20, 2015, 11:20 AM)Voluptious link Wrote: [ -> ]Alright people, if you are giving feedback please give it in a way which we can base improvements out of

"Ermeghed it doesnt look good." doesnt help as it gives me no indication on how it can be improved, and it does not give any chance for the other players to discuss the changes you propose

I don't know if this was aimed at me/in light of my comments but I guess I'll reiterate my comments regardless.

I'm not sure exactly what's missing, but I think the clunky, square layout makes the interface look very old-fashioned. Perhaps a few bevels wouldn't hurt to modernise the interface a bit more. As stated, the colour of black is a bad choice IMO; change to a more neutral colour such as a shade of white. The gaps between the panels is currently just transparent; perhaps there should be a very fine outline in green or white to make the interface seem more complete/less cheap.

Text is way too big; make it smaller and then make the interface take up less space on the menu. Bigger text means more space is required, and this means that the gaps in the panels where the text is not taking up space are more obvious and bigger.
IMO the new hud and F1 menu makes the gamemode look a little bit darkrp'ly
Another thing, president's salary is shown to be $1000 all the time, when in fact it's not actually $1000 but dependent on taxes and jobs etc.

Also, suggestion on how to improve that horrible white space on each item - make the items in your inventory text-only and more compact, then when you actually click on it, the menu on the right will show its model and others.
A quick concept of what I would like to see as an improved menu.

[Image: HgPiC92.png]
(Oct 20, 2015, 05:03 PM)Blazing link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Voluptious link=topic=2410.msg23331#msg23331 date=1445332809]
Alright people, if you are giving feedback please give it in a way which we can base improvements out of

"Ermeghed it doesnt look good." doesnt help as it gives me no indication on how it can be improved, and it does not give any chance for the other players to discuss the changes you propose

I don't know if this was aimed at me/in light of my comments but I guess I'll reiterate my comments regardless.

I'm not sure exactly what's missing, but I think the clunky, square layout makes the interface look very old-fashioned. Perhaps a few bevels wouldn't hurt to modernise the interface a bit more. As stated, the colour of black is a bad choice IMO; change to a more neutral colour such as a shade of white. The gaps between the panels is currently just transparent; perhaps there should be a very fine outline in green or white to make the interface seem more complete/less cheap.

Text is way too big; make it smaller and then make the interface take up less space on the menu. Bigger text means more space is required, and this means that the gaps in the panels where the text is not taking up space are more obvious and bigger.
[/quote]

You want bevels? By the looks of things, the purpose of Operation Refresh is to jump onto the minimalist bandwagon and give it a flat, Windows 10 etc. look.
The problem is the size, you're right. They just need to make everything a lot smaller than it is, because the massive HUD and massive text in F1 is what makes it look so DarkRP esque.

Perhaps some inspiration should be taken from the website design? The website looks really good, nothing is too chunky and the white and green work well together, like the F1 menu was before.

Also, that cursive font in your screenshot is unreadable without a headache Maniac.

Oh and
Quote:Options Menu where you can adjust the HUD and your preferences if you want the old hud back from last time or the really really really old hud + f1 menu as well (would be nice feature) as well as the microphone indicator and such.
Yes plz
To illustrate my HUD concerns, I have provided an annotated screenshot:

[Image: hmkMRA1.png]
Lets say if you are a police officer and people that aren't an officer talks. They have the same job color rather than different one aka Citizen being green. I think when talking to the mic, the line should represent the player's job color and etc.
(Oct 20, 2015, 08:43 PM)Mark-the-Mushroom link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Blazing link=topic=2410.msg23351#msg23351 date=1445353411]
[quote author=Voluptious link=topic=2410.msg23331#msg23331 date=1445332809]
Alright people, if you are giving feedback please give it in a way which we can base improvements out of

[/quote]

You want bevels? By the looks of things, the purpose of Operation Refresh is to jump onto the minimalist bandwagon and give it a flat, Windows 10 etc. look.
The problem is the size, you're right. They just need to make everything a lot smaller than it is, because the massive HUD and massive text in F1 is what makes it look so DarkRP esque.

Perhaps some inspiration should be taken from the website design? The website looks really good, nothing is too chunky and the white and green work well together, like the F1 menu was before.

[/quote]

Bevels if they want to keep it as it is now.

Yes, this website's design is very good and would make a nice interface for the server IMO.
(Oct 20, 2015, 08:52 PM)Mark-the-Mushroom link Wrote: [ -> ]To illustrate my HUD concerns, I have provided an annotated screenshot:

[Image: hmkMRA1.png]

To reiterate, the HUD isn't supposed to look like that. At the moment people with lower screen resolutions are experiencing problems which we are working to fix now.

Once again, the HUD is supposed to look something like this:
[Image: df973ad8c2aa39224110f03e44671ec8.jpg]
My resolution is 1920x1080.. that's not lower resolution
- Market prices show the price of 1 item, but manufactures 5. <-- Fixed
- Permanent laws tab should stay closed once closed. <-- "Fixed", made it spawn as closed
- It needs commas between thousands e.g 300000 becomes 300,000. <-- Fixed
- When spawning props a window shows up with (X / 0) props. The 0 doesn't change. <-- Should be fixed, not 100% sure

- Currently the only way to access the minimalist HUD is through the console, really needs a command to make it easier. <-- /minimal added

- Longer location names extend off the screen.<-- Should be fixed
- There's no 'give' option for any items whatsoever. <-- Fixed
- The bar measuring MPH looks like it should fill up, but it doesn't. <-- Looking into it, but for now its intended that is will not fill.
- Chat box seems a bit too close to the HUD. <-- Should be fixed, tell me if its still too close
- Make commas between thousands. E.g 300000 becomes 300,000 and 1250000 becomes 1,250,000. With the way it is right now I have to recount zeros all the time. <-- Fixed
Currently unplayable, I don't know what happened but everything is broken.

Most of my ammo appears to be gone, I remember having FN ammo, both magnum types of ammo and others.
https://imgur.com/Z4rNmJr
FIXED. Though now we have (OUTDATED) stuff that everyone will bother admins with replacing.

And the hud is just completely broken for me whenever I join.
https://imgur.com/lsZV4cY
FIXED

And I apparently am not a donator in-game anymore, for myself and other people. Even though when I join it tells me I have 201 days left. EDIT: Not just visual bug, I can no longer equip suits in-game. FIXED

EDIT2: Character page also completely broken, cannot even switch jobs.
https://imgur.com/YeJypA9
FIXED
(Oct 20, 2015, 12:38 PM)sauce link Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea of what you guys are trying to do, but honestly I am not too keen on the new F1 menu.
I think it is because of the following which maybe will make it look better, if everyone agree's of course:

I hope none of these are duplicates, I tried to make sure they were not:
- Menu is not new-player friendly.
  - Hard to navigate and work through, there are too many stages to get to where you need to go.

- I feel as if the white box the inventory/market items are in is missing something.
  - The text has been made very small in the corner, with just an empty white box for the image on the right.

- EVERYTHING needs better padding. Text, images etc... is very close to the sides.
  - I think it would improve the look massively if there was better spacing.

- Bottom left HUD:
  - I think this is too small, the colors used are bland.
    - Especially for some people that are hard of sight, this hasn't been taken into account.
    - Spacing Smile
- Already mentioned I think but as for locations:
  - Needs to have the text aligned to the right, as well as a width that is not fixed.

THIS!!

This... sadly I prefer the old menu..

I also really hate how the hud is in the very bottom left, could we give it some space and move it up and right a bit?

EDIT: Nevermind, from the image, it looked kinda close to the edge, just saw it for myself.
Pages: 1 2 3