Limelight Forums

Full Version: Regarding Current Downtime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Good day all,

As many of you have noticed the LL services are down at the moment. this is due to a big DDOS attack. Unfortunately at this time efforts to negotiate with the attacker have been unsuccessful and he has threatened LL staff's personal lives and data. Therefore we will continue to try and reach a beneficial solution.

The reason this individual has staged an attack is because he feels strongly about Noble's DMCA on the contact packs of FL. He is not a member of either community, in fact he has been around for a while as he DDOS'd FL back in march (you may remember the scandal with dig). He was the perpetrator of this. he also was responsible for the downtime in August. As I said he is not a member of either community and seems to be doing it as Social Justice as he felt he needed to 'step in' to stop FL and LL arguing, although efforts to explain Nobles DMCA wasn't affiliated with Limelight seem to have fallen on deaf ears, and he wishes 'Death on LL'.

I will advise all members to take necessary steps for the time being (VPNs, securing social media) until we can verify the threat has passed.

I will ask NO ONE contact the attacker, it may get you attacked and worsen the situation. let the team deal with this and please pass any information you have onto us as quickly as you can.

Thank you for your patience,

The Limelight Team
Thanks for the update Bark!
Thank you for the response on the situation, seems like a very hard time for LL, hopefully this can be resolved and we can go back to playing on the servers soon. Shame it had to come down it this.
standard
[Image: 596434.jpg]

Kids will be kids.
Little pos want to threaten my life and my friends life's? Stand fast unless attacked.
I am a ninja, i will bring you his head sensei barkles!

right after iexplorer.exe starts responding again.
He is from neither community but he feels the need to step in and get involved? Lets just get down to the basics. FL or L2 Its just a server where people only want to play, make friends, RP and have fun.  If you take that away form people you must have a really sad life.

I wish all the best for the staff. Just try your best to resolve this and hopefully it will pass and we can all enjoy our time on the server again. Stay strong L². Justice will prevail.
Your alternative to VPN and having to secure accounts:
[Image: 632.gif]

OT: Lets hope this doesnt end like the FL ddos in feb and a deal can be made which doesnt result in weeks of downtime.
I can imagine it now, the person sitting in their room with their PC and an inflated sense of self righteousness, their cock throbbing harder with each hartbeat, with the satisfying sense of power they get from mildly inconveniencing hundreds of people.
[Image: 8fh7D67.gif]
I'm not concerned honestly, knowing the only power the attacker has is behind a computer monitor. If he feels compelled to threaten people over the internet I would recommend he speaks to a psychiatrist.
topkek
Best of luck dealing with this guy.
I hope he realizes he isnt doing anyone a favour right now.
We've dealt with DDOS attacks before. It's just something that comes and goes, sadly.

We're all DDOS-battle hardened grunts. Just dig in and be patient.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19