Limelight Forums

Full Version: Electric Cars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suggestion For In Game

Explanation: Add electric cars to the game.
Right now, the game only has infrastructure for Gasoline and Gasoline Electric Hybrids. I suggest adding electric vehicles and the required infrastructure for them.

A handful of electric vehicles could be added in, ones for various levels, like a Tesla Model S for a high end sedan, a Nissan Leaf for a cheap 5 door hatchback, and maybe a junky trabant competitor.

As for infrastructure, as fueling the vehicles at BP would completely defeat the purpose, I propose 3 types of charging stations.
1: A fast charging station at fixed public places throughout the map. These would offer the fastest charge, and be significantly cheaper than gasoline, but also much slower. Maybe have 1 in the Nexus Garage, 2 in Public Parking, 1 at the shop parking on Main Street and another on Top Street, one at the Hospital, and 2 in DTM parking lot.
2: A purchasable home charger so the owner could charge their vehicle at their house, slightly slower than the fast chargers, but at the same cost. Only allow one of these at a time, and maybe limit them to certain areas and/or require a setup fee or timer, in order to prevent abuse. (Run out of charge, plop one down in the middle of nowhere, charge the car, grab the charger, and take off)
3: A power cord that offers extremely slow charging, but is able to be used almost everywhere civilization is.

As for the cars themselves, I think they should only use their charge when they are accelerating, idling and coasting would use no battery, and braking would recharge the battery very slightly.

Why? Because cars. It would add a unique element and a nice, quiet, vehicle for players to choose from. In a world where more and more people are adopting electric cars (Including the LAPD), I think its time Lime Light follows suit.
[move]+SUPPORT +SUPPORT +SUPPORT[/move]

I would love to see electric cars be added  Smile
There is an electric vehicle that is already in the server (Prius) but I would like to see a Power Station and changes in Electric Vehicles so they consume 2x the Fuel and have to charge up frequently (due to them being an electric vehicle, not running on gas). Despite that, I would like to see more Power Vehicles added.

+support
+Support

The Prius is not an electric vehicle.  It is a hybrid of a gas/electric and does require fuel to keep it running, it does not have a plug for electrical recharge as it uses the gasoline engine to keep the batteries running.
(Sep 14, 2015, 02:40 AM)SirWulf link Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

The Prius is not an electric vehicle.  It is a hybrid of a gas/electric and does require fuel to keep it running, it does not have a plug for electrical recharge as it uses the gasoline engine to keep the batteries running.

Welp. I kept on thinking about Tesla.
(Sep 14, 2015, 01:46 AM)CounterCraftz link Wrote: [ -> ]There is an electric vehicle that is already in the server (Prius) but I would like to see a Power Station and changes in Electric Vehicles so they consume 2x the Fuel and have to charge up frequently (due to them being an electric vehicle, not running on gas). Despite that, I would like to see more Power Vehicles added.

+support
As was mentioned by Wulf, the Prius ingame is a gasoline electric hybrid, using a 1.8L gas engine to either power a generator or the wheels. It is a 2010 or 2011 Prius, well before the Plug-In Prius was available.

In addition, current electric vehicles ranges are vastly improved over a few years ago, with the Model S range only slightly lower than other sedans of comparable size, and definitely not half the range.
+support for everything.
+Support
+ Support
Massive +Support! We would use this for our clan!
+Support

Would be great and fitting for my clan. Would love to see more.
(Sep 14, 2015, 05:31 PM)BasicallyMental link Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

Would be great and fitting for my clan. Would love to see more.

+Support
+Support
[move]
[Image: sgk3r5.png]
[/move]
+Support

Eagle

Sounds really hard to code but I like the idea. I found buy them all just because it is nice..  :Smile
+support
Pages: 1 2 3