Limelight Forums

Full Version: /911
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Not too sure. I was being the pres and was nearly held hostage in a resturant. I quickly typed "/request Need SWAT At Metro Cafe" and they arrived in time. What Im getting at is if I need to type "/911"... "Police".. It could take too long. For now ima +/- support
Yeah, I do support the replacement of /request with /911.

But having a menu or system directing to specific government types I'm thinking would end up taking more time then just typing it up.  Also, as mentioned before it would make the Dispatch RP that occurs useless.

In addition, I find it a benefit knowing what the others are doing.  If someone /requests a medic for an accident for example, they often forget that they need a firefighter also for the burning car.  Many times I've arrived on medical calls to see fires that were never reported to me.

A menu system going only to Medics would ensure I never see that and therefore can be forward thinking.
(Aug 8, 2015, 09:21 PM)GRiiM link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Jamster link=topic=698.msg7507#msg7507 date=1439061509]
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>Ingame

In detail, explain your suggestion:
A command /911

This then gives the option to select "Police" "ambulance" or "Fire". You then specify the reason you need them and where
Why should this be implemented?
A better working command than /request, and a more specific and target command as to what the person needs.

Hmm, this would ruin dispatcher roleplays and would take longer to contact government if there was more than one service needed (eg. Car on fire with someone injured)
[/quote]

I probably didn't explain this well enough, I was tired - What can Is say.

What I mean is someone uses /911 then chooses either police fire or medic (or similar) and then in chat a message comes up to all government (still) though is more specific in colour. I.e

/911 Fire at %l
[911: Fire] at City Tunnel

This message is then shown to all government, but is more direct.

(Aug 9, 2015, 08:32 AM)WildDorito link Wrote: [ -> ]+ / - Support

I'm on the fence about this one.
If, the command was /911 <F(fire)/P(police)/A(ambulance)(and you could put in multiple letters)> <Extra Detail>
Then I will support it.

Inb4 people needing fap assistance
+Support for Dorito's idea.
(Aug 9, 2015, 05:23 PM)Jamster link Wrote:[quote author=GRiiM link=topic=698.msg7508#msg7508 date=1439061697]
[quote author=Jamster link=topic=698.msg7507#msg7507 date=1439061509]
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>Ingame

In detail, explain your suggestion:
A command /911

This then gives the option to select "Police" "ambulance" or "Fire". You then specify the reason you need them and where
Why should this be implemented?
A better working command than /request, and a more specific and target command as to what the person needs.

Hmm, this would ruin dispatcher roleplays and would take longer to contact government if there was more than one service needed (eg. Car on fire with someone injured)
[/quote]

I probably didn't explain this well enough, I was tired - What can Is say.

What I mean is someone uses /911 then chooses either police fire or medic (or similar) and then in chat a message comes up to all government (still) though is more specific in colour. I.e

/911 Fire at %l
[911: Fire] at City Tunnel

This message is then shown to all government, but is more direct.
[/quote]

Ah I see, changing to a +Support Smile
(Aug 9, 2015, 08:32 AM)WildDorito link Wrote:+ / - Support

I'm on the fence about this one.
If, the command was /911 <F(fire)/P(police)/A(ambulance)(and you could put in multiple letters)> <Extra Detail>
Then I will support it.

This is what I meant!

I've reworded the suggestion a tad.
[move]
[Image: sgk3r5.png]
[/move]
+Support
[move]Buuuuuuump[/move]
- Support
+Support

This would be good as when the ones who do 'Help' when using /request: A. We don't know where they are, B. Who do they need.

Even so for the ones who say 'Help, someone is being mugged', WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU? ? ? ? ? ? ?!!!!!!!
+ Support for making /request /911 as request needs more typing than 911
You tell the dispatcher what the emergency is and then they send you the help you need, not the help you think you need.

/911, but only that to replace /request
+Support
+Support for the /911
+support for replacing /request with /911.
Pages: 1 2 3