Limelight Forums

Full Version: Expansion: Ares Defence Services
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Can we try to not spam the thread anymore than it has been? The first wave of hmmmm's was enough.
‍ Hmmmmm
(Sep 25, 2020, 09:58 AM)Guv Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 25, 2020, 07:57 AM)#PullThePlug2020 Wrote: [ -> ]HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Main Gmod server is suffering with lack of players, and you release an ArmA 3 server *sigh*
(Sep 29, 2020, 04:59 PM)jess Wrote: [ -> ]Main Gmod server is suffering with lack of players, and you release an ArmA 3 server *sigh*

An Arma 3 server which already had a pre-existing player-base, allows us to expand, and being limited in scope isn't likely to draw away from CityRP's playerbase, yes.
(Sep 29, 2020, 04:59 PM)jess Wrote: [ -> ]Main Gmod server is suffering with lack of players, and you release an ArmA 3 server *sigh*

A lot of the groundwork and player base that we brought from the Arma 3 server was from a previous group as ‍ already mentioned. Not to mention this doesn't actually affect the Gmod side of development and administration as our team is separate. I don't get why someone would be against another service to bring in more players for the community because it isn't Gmod. If I may ask, what do you have against the expansion if you are at all or just being negative for the sake of being negative.
Why not just try and sort the problem with cityrp, rather then trying to cover it up with an arma 3 server lol
(Sep 29, 2020, 08:38 PM)Eddy Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just try and sort the problem with cityrp, rather then trying to cover it up with an arma 3 server lol

But we aren't....the plan was always to open LL's services to more things other than a CityRP server. We just happen to be the first of those services to go public because our original organizer went to LL and was like "I literally have everything in place just slap your name next to ours lol"

Again, these are separate teams of people. No staff or resources are going to Arma 3 from CityRP, it's just another service sponsored by LL to grow the community.
(Sep 29, 2020, 08:44 PM)OG_Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 29, 2020, 08:38 PM)Eddy Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just try and sort the problem with cityrp, rather then trying to cover it up with an arma 3 server lol

But we aren't....the plan was always to open LL's services to more things other than a CityRP server. We just happen to be the first of those services to go public because our original organizer went to LL and was like "I literally have everything in place just slap your name next to ours lol"

Again, these are separate teams of people. No staff or resources are going to Arma 3 from CityRP, it's just another service sponsored by LL to grow the community.

Mmmmmmm

Don't get me wrong i think expanding is a great idea yes, but not when the current community doesn't even play on the only server running. Just feel we need to get CityRP, where LL originated from back on track before we start opening new services.

I understand that they have separate teams. I just feel if the staff working on Arma 3 could help regain popularity within CityRP. Then migrate over to Arma 3 after CityRP is more stable. Rather then trying to open new services whilst the main service isn't doing too great.
(Sep 29, 2020, 09:04 PM)Eddy Wrote: [ -> ]

Mmmmmmm

Don't get me wrong i think expanding is a great idea yes, but not when the current community doesn't even play on the only server running. Just feel we need to get CityRP, where LL originated from back on track before we start opening new services.

I understand that they have separate teams. I just feel if the staff working on Arma 3 could help regain popularity within CityRP. Then migrate over to Arma 3 after CityRP is more stable. Rather then trying to open new services whilst the main service isn't doing too great.

How do you propose that we, the Arma 3 team, help CityRP regain popularity any more than anyone else can? Again, nothing is stopping us from helping CityRP from a player's position but we are NOT staff on CityRP and have no effect behind the scenes there. Arma is completely separate and both have two separate teams working on them.
(Sep 29, 2020, 09:29 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 29, 2020, 08:44 PM)OG_Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]But we aren't....the plan was always to open LL's services to more things other than a CityRP server. We just happen to be the first of those services to go public because our original organizer went to LL and was like "I literally have everything in place just slap your name next to ours lol"

Mmmmmmm

How do you propose that we, the Arma 3 team, help CityRP regain popularity any more than anyone else can? Again, nothing is stopping us from helping CityRP from a player's position but we are NOT staff on CityRP and have no effect behind the scenes there. Arma is completely separate and both have two separate teams working on them.

Not only that, it's a great disrespect to the community we merged with, suddenly going "lol we're gonna take back our end of the bargain, you're dumped in the dirt now".

Mmmmmmm

I sympathize with you on wanting CityRP to get off the ground first then moving to other ventures, but as Arma 3 staff, we’re experienced more in making an Arma 3 group and making missions for it. We can’t offer anything to CityRP unless it needs basic moderation (And even that would be a big step backstage). 

The way I see it is LL isn’t a Gmod Community anymore and it shouldn’t’ve tried to be when it started. It’s a gaming community where the bois and the gurls come to play on services sponsored by LL. Sort of like a hub for hosting hangouts and stuff. Only having Gmod is not a viable future for LL, and unfortunately people need to see that. This may not intrigue some people, but if done right can attract more people to the LL ecosystem and keep them entertained to use our other services (and future ones).
(Sep 30, 2020, 02:40 PM)OG_Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 29, 2020, 08:44 PM)OG_Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]But we aren't....the plan was always to open LL's services to more things other than a CityRP server. We just happen to be the first of those services to go public because our original organizer went to LL and was like "I literally have everything in place just slap your name next to ours lol"

Mmmmmmm

I sympathize with you on wanting CityRP to get off the ground first then moving to other ventures, but as Arma 3 staff, we’re experienced more in making an Arma 3 group and making missions for it. We can’t offer anything to CityRP unless it needs basic moderation (And even that would be a big step backstage). 

The way I see it is LL isn’t a Gmod Community anymore and it shouldn’t’ve tried to be when it started. It’s a gaming community where the bois and the gurls come to play on services sponsored by LL. Sort of like a hub for hosting hangouts and stuff. Only having Gmod is not a viable future for LL, and unfortunately people need to see that. This may not intrigue some people, but if done right can attract more people to the LL ecosystem and keep them entertained to use our other services (and future ones).

Hmmm.
(Sep 30, 2020, 03:08 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 30, 2020, 02:40 PM)OG_Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 29, 2020, 09:04 PM)Eddy Wrote: [ -> ]Mmmmmmm

Hmmm.

Hmmmm
(Sep 30, 2020, 03:43 PM)OG_Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 30, 2020, 03:08 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 30, 2020, 02:40 PM)OG_Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]I sympathize with you on wanting CityRP to get off the ground first then moving to other ventures, but as Arma 3 staff, we’re experienced more in making an Arma 3 group and making missions for it. We can’t offer anything to CityRP unless it needs basic moderation (And even that would be a big step backstage). 

Hmmm.

Hmmmm

True dat tho.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5