Limelight Forums

Full Version: #pulltheplug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
what is going on lmfao

all week theres been 0 players in the server thats a big yikes

nobodys doing shit to help it so

#pulltheplug??????
Is there a negative to it being here if we're all still using the services, even if it isn't the servers? People still seems interested in the forums and Discord. Your post is actually kind of ironic. Asking to shutdown the platform you are actively using.

If anything I see this as LL evolving into just a place to hangout instead of solely focused on Good CityRP. Hopefully this pushes LL to finally move from a Gm that simply isn't working with its ecosystem and team and look for new options to host the community and keep them entertained. After all, we're all here because we enjoyed the services LL offered. Why not support and push for bigger changes that the team CAN do?

Apex

if limelight is going to stay on gmod, pull the plug it's over. If limelight intends to move to another platform be it Arma 3 or GTA or whatever else then allow it.
(Aug 19, 2020, 04:01 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a negative to it being here if we're all still using the services, even if it isn't the servers? People still seems interested in the forums and Discord. Your post is actually kind of ironic. Asking to shutdown the platform you are actively using.

If anything I see this as LL evolving into just a place to hangout instead of solely focused on Good CityRP. Hopefully this pushes LL to finally move from a Gm that simply isn't working with its ecosystem and team and look for new options to host the community and keep them entertained. After all, we're all here because we enjoyed the services LL offered. Why not support and push for bigger changes that the team CAN do?

ok
How about the Space Engineers server? It was good
I think it would be best for LL to begin hosting tournaments and gaming events for the community over a variety of games. Things such as a CS:GO tournament, Siege minor league, or even a GTFO Run event. Some other special events could be maybe a VR game night, movie night, or like a boardgames night! After establishing this culture, players could start hosting their own events, and maybe by then LL could start renting servers for services again and may even be able to afford prizes for events and tournaments. Hell, there could be prizes now if the event organizer delivers an experience they deem is worth a ticket price.

EDIT: To give an idea how this could work at first: A staff member would post an event preferably more than 2 weeks in advance. For instance, let's say it's a CS:GO Tournament. Now I do believe these need to be approved. Possibly on a thread that needs at least 10 votes with a 75% passing vote to approve it as an official LL sponsored event. 

They would then post it on LL, Steam, Discord, really anywhere they can advertise it. The important part of this is that the entry process for gathering player experience is done on LL services (Such as forum and Discord). Once they gather the players and confirm the dates, they begin to optionally encourage all players to stream or advertise themselves about the tournament. That way when the event arrives, we have all these different players from inside and outside LL, using our services and seeing "Oh shit son, they do other events too and are allowing loyal members to create their own events? Sign me and the rest of the USSR up this shit is OurLight ™"
(Aug 20, 2020, 03:08 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would be best for LL to begin hosting tournaments and gaming events for the community over a variety of games. Things such as a CS:GO tournament, Siege minor league, or even a GTFO Run event. Some other special events could be maybe a VR game night, movie night, or like a boardgames night! After establishing this culture, players could start hosting their own events, and maybe by then LL could start renting servers for services again and may even be able to afford prizes for events and tournaments. Hell, there could be prizes now if the event organizer delivers an experience they deem is worth a ticket price.

EDIT: To give an idea how this could work at first: A staff member would post an event preferably more than 2 weeks in advance. For instance, let's say it's a CS:GO Tournament. Now I do believe these need to be approved. Possibly on a thread that needs at least 10 votes with a 75% passing vote to approve it as an official LL sponsored event. 

They would then post it on LL, Steam, Discord, really anywhere they can advertise it. The important part of this is that the entry process for gathering player experience is done on LL services (Such as forum and Discord). Once they gather the players and confirm the dates, they begin to optionally encourage all players to stream or advertise themselves about the tournament. That way when the event arrives, we have all these different players from inside and outside LL, using our services and seeing "Oh shit son, they do other events too and are allowing loyal members to create their own events? Sign me and the rest of the USSR up this shit is OurLight ™"

please use the suggestion template thank you
As a current member of staff I’ll chime in but before I do, I’d like to make one thing perfectly clear: my views are my own and may not necessarily reflect the views of the whole team and/or community. 

Now that is out of the way, I’d like to touch on a few things. 

1) I personally have no intention of allowing Limelight to die off and ruin the special thing we have here. We may not always see eye to eye but we all have one thing in common: we all share, or at least at one point did share, a passion for Roleplay and generally having a good time. 

2) While I do think expansion is a great idea and I’m 100% for it, I believe it would have to be carefully executed and ridiculously advertised, otherwise we may dig ourselves into a deeper hole than we’re in already. As I’m sure we all know with everything that has to be carefully executed, it takes time. 

3) We still have time to breathe new life into the community. A lot of you may believe at this point that it’s a lost cause and you have the right to believe that, however I respectfully disagree with that belief. I refuse to stop working until I have exhausted every avenue available to do so. 

Those are just my opinions, and as I stated before they are my own and may not reflect the views or opinions of the whole team and/or community!
like 3 staff members resigned this month but all of them were personal stuff i think but still

limelight 2 when?????????????????????????

Guv

Quote:1) I personally have no intention of allowing Limelight to die off and ruin the special thing we have here. We may not always see eye to eye but we all have one thing in common: we all share, or at least at one point did share, a passion for Roleplay and generally having a good time. 

Please tell what you intend to do, to not allow the server to die sir. as im sure many of us can see there isnt much. and it seems like you want to single handedly stop the server from dying like "no this wont die, even though its been dead for months"

Quote:3) We still have time to breathe new life into the community. A lot of you may believe at this point that it’s a lost cause and you have the right to believe that, however I respectfully disagree with that belief. I refuse to stop working until I have exhausted every avenue available to do so. 

this ties into the point i make above, tell us what you intend to do to breathe new life into the community. what avenues you think are available to revive the community
Pull that bitch like you're starting a lawn mower
(Aug 26, 2020, 11:56 AM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]Pull that bitch like you're starting a lawn mower

or a hot air balloon
I mean there's got to be a point soon where the money stops and hosting can't be afforded. It's become quite clear by now that it's too late to save the GMod server thanks to all of the red-tape and inaction by pretending to be a big business.

I'm glad the forums are still running and I think it's time for the next chapter where we embrace change and this becomes a general gaming community and not a failing GMod community. That's the only way I can see LL staying alive properly.
(Aug 26, 2020, 03:13 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad the forums are still running and I think it's time for the next chapter where we embrace change and this becomes a general gaming community and not a failing GMod community. That's the only way I can see LL staying alive properly.

LL becoming a general gaming community? Not going to work/happen with the same people in charge, who are doing nothing to help LL get out of the situation and sink into more inactivity than ever.
Pages: 1 2 3