Limelight Forums

Full Version: #pulltheplug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Idk why people are saying GMod is dying, it isn't. It is still extremely popular. If you just got 1% of GMod's playerbase you'd have 300 players, which is still a hefty amount.

In terms of content, one reason why all those shitty DarkRP servers has so much content is because all gmodstore content is tailored to DarkRP. So I am not joking when I say this, but if you want easy drag&drop content, along with custom possibilities, you should roll DarkRP. Ironically, this is CityRP 2, based on CityRP, which is based on Cider, that is a predecessor to DarkRP. So in theory you are almost running DarkRP in the first place.

Also, 10-20 GBP a month. Really? It is not even covering the hosting. Honestly if it was me I'd just pull the plug. GMod will never be highly profitable unless you're a top 10-20 server, and even then that barely covers what you can deem a "living wage", with the exception of living in worse-off countries.

But honestly, my advice is: Try play the top servers. You'll see it is Hogwarts RP, Star Wars RP etc. You'll think "This is fucking stupid", but the truth is that it works. This is what gets players. Players don't want to do some roleplay where they have to imitate some character, they just want to shoot shit up, doomfort, make cool bases, print money, mine ores, mine bitcoins etc. This is what the players actually wants.
(Sep 23, 2020, 01:23 AM)Rayts5 Wrote: [ -> ]Idk why people are saying GMod is dying, it isn't. It is still extremely popular. If you just got 1% of GMod's playerbase you'd have 300 players, which is still a hefty amount.

In terms of content, one reason why all those shitty DarkRP servers has so much content is because all gmodstore content is tailored to DarkRP. So I am not joking when I say this, but if you want easy drag&drop content, along with custom possibilities, you should roll DarkRP. Ironically, this is CityRP 2, based on CityRP, which is based on Cider, that is a predecessor to DarkRP. So in theory you are almost running DarkRP in the first place.

Also, 10-20 GBP a month. Really? It is not even covering the hosting. Honestly if it was me I'd just pull the plug. GMod will never be highly profitable unless you're a top 10-20 server, and even then that barely covers what you can deem a "living wage", with the exception of living in worse-off countries.

But honestly, my advice is: Try play the top servers. You'll see it is Hogwarts RP, Star Wars RP etc. You'll think "This is fucking stupid", but the truth is that it works. This is what gets players. Players don't want to do some roleplay where they have to imitate some character, they just want to shoot shit up, doomfort, make cool bases, print money, mine ores, mine bitcoins etc. This is what the players actually wants.

No one in this community wants a server like that. It's not about profit here, it's about what we enjoy doing. If someone here wants to play on dark rdm server, I'm sure we don't need limelight to turn in to one as there are more than enough options available.
Here you could even choose (at least in the past) whether your membership money goes to the developers or admins.
[Image: 1d322a81b7f5a57a9fab1e7dea5648bb.png]

Well fair play to them, it proves LimeLight wasnt a Cash Grab as the last few months they have been making just about enough money to get a takeaway for 1-3 people max 

Just the £20 this month lads?  Grin
(Sep 24, 2020, 04:28 PM)Druggo Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 1d322a81b7f5a57a9fab1e7dea5648bb.png]

Well fair play to them, it proves LimeLight wasnt a Cash Grab as the last few months they have been making just about enough money to get a takeaway for 1-3 people max 

I'd like to put in my bid to buy LL for a kebab and a dirty burger
(Sep 24, 2020, 01:00 PM)Joulle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 23, 2020, 01:23 AM)Rayts5 Wrote: [ -> ]Idk why people are saying GMod is dying, it isn't. It is still extremely popular. If you just got 1% of GMod's playerbase you'd have 300 players, which is still a hefty amount.

No one in this community wants a server like that. It's not about profit here, it's about what we enjoy doing. If someone here wants to play on dark rdm server, I'm sure we don't need limelight to turn in to one as there are more than enough options available.
Here you could even choose (at least in the past) whether your membership money goes to the developers or admins.

And that is fine. I was just pointing out why this and the other community is most likely struggling right now.
(Sep 25, 2020, 06:12 PM)Rayts5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 24, 2020, 01:00 PM)Joulle Wrote: [ -> ]

And that is fine. I was just pointing out why this and the other community is most likely struggling right now.

There are still people interested. The problem is getting them to play. The problem we have is, many people are now getting too old to play here, and going on to uni, joining the army, stuff like that, and there's no real newer generation to replace us - it's exactly what killed the HL2RP gamemode for example
(Sep 25, 2020, 09:32 AM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 24, 2020, 04:28 PM)Druggo Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 1d322a81b7f5a57a9fab1e7dea5648bb.png]

I'd like to put in my bid to buy LL for a kebab and a dirty burger

Oh damn... Now this is a very good offer if you add a bit of sauce on the burger and kebab i honestly feel like they will have no choice but to accept!
(Sep 25, 2020, 09:32 AM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to put in my bid to buy LL for a kebab and a dirty burger

you had me at kebab
Pages: 1 2 3