Limelight Forums

Full Version: #pulltheplug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(Aug 26, 2020, 03:13 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]... thanks to all of the red-tape and inaction by pretending to be a big business.

Out of interest , what red-tape?
This is something which brought up in the meeting, complaining about red tape, but then not knowing of any red tape.
Perhaps I'm just so up on my Ivory Tower™️, but I'm not sure what people are seeing in the ways of red tape.
(Aug 26, 2020, 04:38 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 26, 2020, 03:13 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]... thanks to all of the red-tape and inaction by pretending to be a big business.

This is something which brought up in the meeting, complaining about red tape, but then not knowing of any red tape.
Perhaps I'm just so up on my Ivory Tower™️, but I'm not sure what people are seeing in the ways of red tape.

bby i never said the words red tape

In my case I felt more about attitude, and there being hundreds of different rules and guidelines, HR being called HR, etc etc. I don't know if I'd say there is a lot of red tape, but I think there's this sort of weird psuedocorporate attitude among some 

Also wouldn't say you're in ivory towers, you actually make an effort to speak to the community so good on you san
(Aug 26, 2020, 05:32 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]

In my case I felt more about attitude, and there being hundreds of different rules and guidelines, HR being called HR, etc etc. I don't know if I'd say there is a lot of red tape, but I think there's this sort of weird psuedocorporate attitude among some 

Also wouldn't say you're in ivory towers, you actually make an effort to speak to the community so good on you san

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

im pretty sure you did say the phrase red tape, so i'll go check the recording of the meeting (going through multi-channel post-processing not by me now, but idk how long it'll take Sad )
(Aug 26, 2020, 05:37 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 26, 2020, 04:38 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interest , what red-tape?

im pretty sure you did say the phrase red tape, so i'll go check the recording of the meeting (going through multi-channel post-processing not by me now, but idk how long it'll take Sad )

Lmao my apologies if I did in that case
‍ basically what Judge said

so i couldn't be bothered to go back, because that'd mean loading my daw and fuck that cba tbh. too busy making puns on the gms discord.

But just to point out a few things:
Quote:there being hundreds of different rules and guidelines.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but those were added because people weren't happy with staff just making judgements on individual cases under broader rules (1.5, FailRP, RDM, Doomforting, etc)? Plus, we've spent a bunch of time trimming them down.

Quote:HR being called HR
tbh a name is a name. call them HR, call them staff managers, call them superadmins who do admin shit but not dev or business shit, it's the same thing? Like with Photon, we've got the Core Team, which used to be Core Devs, which could be renamed to "Haire Ups" if we wanted to, it's a name, but doesn't really change what they do? idk. I get that names can set a tone, but i think it's appropriate here, since that's what they're doing, no?

Quote:I think there's this sort of weird psuedocorporate attitude among some
There's some corporate attitudes among some. Like in business, we try to have the corporate attitude of making money, but we also have the not-corporate attitude of also trying to not fuck people over while doing it.

Like, being in the roles I'm in, for LL, for Photon, for 999 Emergency, for Glorified Studios (game dev company), for GMS, for <redacted> (another community but not that one), for <redacted 2> (another community but not that one or the first one either), for the Scout Association, for Casualties Union (both UK registered charities), for xNetworks (gms dev studio), I can say for a fact that LL is one of the most relaxed in most cases, of all of those. Yeah, there are procedures for dev, but those came from repeated launch-day issues, so it's not like they're not warranted? Perhaps it's an optics issue, where people don't see what happens internally, they just see the blob, the team. The Ivory Tower™️ memes didn't spread from nowhere, after all.
(Aug 27, 2020, 12:16 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 26, 2020, 04:38 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interest , what red-tape?

so i couldn't be bothered to go back, because that'd mean loading my daw and fuck that cba tbh. too busy making puns on the gms discord.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but those were added because people weren't happy with staff just making judgements on individual cases under broader rules (1.5, FailRP, RDM, Doomforting, etc)? Plus, we've spent a bunch of time trimming them down.

tbh a name is a name. call them HR, call them staff managers, call them superadmins who do admin shit but not dev or business shit, it's the same thing? Like with Photon, we've got the Core Team, which used to be Core Devs, which could be renamed to "Haire Ups" if we wanted to, it's a name, but doesn't really change what they do? idk. I get that names can set a tone, but i think it's appropriate here, since that's what they're doing, no?

There's some corporate attitudes among some. Like in business, we try to have the corporate attitude of making money, but we also have the not-corporate attitude of also trying to not fuck people over while doing it.

Like, being in the roles I'm in, for LL, for Photon, for 999 Emergency, for Glorified Studios (game dev company), for GMS, for <redacted> (another community but not that one), for <redacted 2> (another community but not that one or the first one either), for the Scout Association, for Casualties Union (both UK registered charities), for xNetworks (gms dev studio), I can say for a fact that LL is one of the most relaxed in most cases, of all of those. Yeah, there are procedures for dev, but those came from repeated launch-day issues, so it's not like they're not warranted? Perhaps it's an optics issue, where people don't see what happens internally, they just see the blob, the team. The Ivory Tower™️ memes didn't spread from nowhere, after all.

Dude I'm leaving the community if you don't rename core devs to haire ups
(Aug 27, 2020, 02:34 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 27, 2020, 12:16 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 26, 2020, 05:32 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]bby i never said the words red tape

That’s SA’s name tho 👀
(Aug 27, 2020, 04:33 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 27, 2020, 02:34 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 27, 2020, 12:16 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]so i couldn't be bothered to go back, because that'd mean loading my daw and fuck that cba tbh. too busy making puns on the gms discord.

That’s SA’s name tho 👀

Yo bro where's your vet tag at?
(Sep 7, 2020, 02:48 AM)Mist Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 27, 2020, 04:33 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 27, 2020, 02:34 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]Dude I'm leaving the community if you don't rename core devs to haire ups

That’s SA’s name tho 👀

Yo bro idk bro
(Sep 7, 2020, 09:13 AM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 7, 2020, 02:48 AM)Mist Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 27, 2020, 04:33 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]That’s SA’s name tho 👀

Yo bro idk bro

Bro ong? Fr fam, they buggin out here  Cry Cry Cry
we need a new gamemode
(Sep 8, 2020, 08:01 PM)Gmans DAD Wrote: [ -> ]we need a new gamemode

give me the old one