Limelight Forums

Full Version: Should players be punished on a low pop server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Honestly, I'm not judging the action staff chose as that is how they are trained, but I do believe if everyone consents to stupid fun and it only effects those players I don't see a reason to issue punishment. In the end we're here to have fun. That should be priority over the rules in some situations. It's why we have staff. So they work at their discretion and not just get replaced by scripting that auto-bans players.
(Aug 9, 2020, 09:04 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 8, 2020, 11:33 AM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 6, 2020, 10:49 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the state of this shit. Look at this latest PR on Russ, pop of probably what, 7 ppl maximum, some guy buys out an entire building and that's worth a PR?

What a fucking joke this place has become
haha! right! 
Sorry for Telling you , He raided me with out reason!! haha!
and he has to check the rules! 7.1! haha!
he is lucky i didn't post  PR on him for raiding me with out reason at all  and when i asked him why did he raid me he told me ''yOu mUgGeD mY fRiEnd'' 
but the problem here is that his friend didn't give us any money so me and my bud killed him.
UwU

Bruh just go fucking raid him back this is the most retarded conversation I've ever heard.

This is why this place died because everyone lost the way of having fun and instead started reading from a textbook. Just grow a pair and have a giggle, QQ you got raided, find a reason to go raid the little bitch back and teach him a lesson.
well , let me tell you somethting mr  ''retarded conversation'' he killed me when i was afk haha!

i ain't break NLR ''for fun''

this place died because of the minges and people thinking they are gods just like you , People who thinks they are always on the top [i am not talking about the staff team] this shit has to be changed , Toxicity is now part of the god dam server.
(Aug 11, 2020, 01:38 PM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 9, 2020, 09:04 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 8, 2020, 11:33 AM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]haha! right! 
Sorry for Telling you , He raided me with out reason!! haha!
and he has to check the rules! 7.1! haha!
he is lucky i didn't post  PR on him for raiding me with out reason at all  and when i asked him why did he raid me he told me ''yOu mUgGeD mY fRiEnd'' 
but the problem here is that his friend didn't give us any money so me and my bud killed him.
UwU

Bruh just go fucking raid him back this is the most retarded conversation I've ever heard.

This is why this place died because everyone lost the way of having fun and instead started reading from a textbook. Just grow a pair and have a giggle, QQ you got raided, find a reason to go raid the little bitch back and teach him a lesson.
well , let me tell you somethting mr  ''retarded conversation'' he killed me when i was afk haha!

this place died because of the minges and people thinking they are gods just like you , People who thinks they are always on the top [i am not talking about the staff team] this shit has to be changed , Toxicity is now part of the god dam server.

No it died because of whingey people like you. Besides, what are you talking about, I am a god bruh.

If anyone's acting like they're above everything it's you. Just have some fucking fun my guy

edit: side note because every thread here is about LL being dead, just want to point out the staff here really are miserable pricks, look at this https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...tpost.html

Sometimes I think they forget that this is a fucking GARRYS MOD SERVER and not a real city.

Ban every player until there's nobody left in the community, the only people are left are the people spamming PRs to every other player for trying to have a bit of fun. It's over unless you do something big and radical. Others like me leave because of this toxic culture and you're not allowed to have any fun anymore. It's taken over a year of discussion for the rule changes to come, at which point it's too late. 

Limelight has 9,450 bans recorded in 5ish years of operating. Compare that to Fearless who, despite running for 12 years have 11,430. That means that if LL had been running for 12 years you can estimate 22,680 bans, nearly double that.

When did we become so serious, and why? We've driven away all semi-serious players and even the oldies like me who'd come on for some fun and nostalgia quickly realised how shit things had become. No offense Brave, but the staff listening to the people who shouted and whined the loudest has alienated the vast majority of players as we don't align with the constant bitching and moaning of certain people.
(Aug 11, 2020, 04:33 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]Limelight has 9,450 bans recorded in 5ish years of operating. Compare that to Fearless who, despite running for 12 years have 11,430. That means that if LL had been running for 12 years you can estimate 22,680 bans, nearly double that.

I mean, Fearless have also done two waves of ban wipes (excluding certain bans including TOS etc). I don't think this part is a fair statement.

I do agree with your statement however, everyone has driven this community into an "attempt" of a Serious RP.
(Aug 12, 2020, 02:01 AM)Dick Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 11, 2020, 04:33 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]Limelight has 9,450 bans recorded in 5ish years of operating. Compare that to Fearless who, despite running for 12 years have 11,430. That means that if LL had been running for 12 years you can estimate 22,680 bans, nearly double that.

I mean, Fearless have also done two waves of ban wipes (excluding certain bans including TOS etc). I don't think this part is a fair statement.

I do agree with your statement however, everyone has driven this community into an "attempt" of a Serious RP.

Afaik the ban wipe didn't delete bans only expired them.

ForceGhost

(Aug 12, 2020, 10:45 AM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 12, 2020, 02:01 AM)Dick Wrote: [ -> ]

Nope, it deleted them.
(Aug 12, 2020, 02:27 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 12, 2020, 10:45 AM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 12, 2020, 02:01 AM)Dick Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, Fearless have also done two waves of ban wipes (excluding certain bans including TOS etc). I don't think this part is a fair statement.

Nope, it deleted them.

Okay thanks for the clarification, I take it back then.
(Aug 11, 2020, 04:33 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 11, 2020, 01:38 PM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 9, 2020, 09:04 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]Bruh just go fucking raid him back this is the most retarded conversation I've ever heard.

No it died because of whingey people like you. Besides, what are you talking about, I am a god bruh.

If anyone's acting like they're above everything it's you. Just have some fucking fun my guy

edit: side note because every thread here is about LL being dead, just want to point out the staff here really are miserable pricks, look at this https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...tpost.html

Sometimes I think they forget that this is a fucking GARRYS MOD SERVER and not a real city.

Ban every player until there's nobody left in the community, the only people are left are the people spamming PRs to every other player for trying to have a bit of fun. It's over unless you do something big and radical. Others like me leave because of this toxic culture and you're not allowed to have any fun anymore. It's taken over a year of discussion for the rule changes to come, at which point it's too late. 

Limelight has 9,450 bans recorded in 5ish years of operating. Compare that to Fearless who, despite running for 12 years have 11,430. That means that if LL had been running for 12 years you can estimate 22,680 bans, nearly double that.

When did we become so serious, and why? We've driven away all semi-serious players and even the oldies like me who'd come on for some fun and nostalgia quickly realised how shit things had become. No offense Brave, but the staff listening to the people who shouted and whined the loudest has alienated the vast majority of players as we don't align with the constant bitching and moaning of certain people.
first of all you are not god , and you will never get to call your self god 

and how the fuck am i acting above people ?  acting above person is retarded. 

i am not going to read all the bullshit you said i just want to say that if players shouldn't be punished when there is low pop in the server then rules should be deleted 

a rule is a rule , Stop shit chatting mr ''i am god'' lmao
(Aug 12, 2020, 07:49 PM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 11, 2020, 01:38 PM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]well , let me tell you somethting mr  ''retarded conversation'' he killed me when i was afk haha!

i am not going to read all the bullshit you said i just want to say that if players shouldn't be punished when there is low pop in the server then rules should be deleted 

shut up pussy
(Aug 12, 2020, 08:20 PM)bismo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 11, 2020, 04:33 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]No it died because of whingey people like you. Besides, what are you talking about, I am a god bruh.

shut up pussy

Lol you mad? sorry for making you cry because of my post
(Aug 11, 2020, 01:38 PM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]well , let me tell you somethting mr  ''retarded conversation'' he killed me when i was afk haha!

You wanna see a magic trick?

"I am god"

Ez cry more
(Aug 12, 2020, 10:40 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 11, 2020, 04:33 PM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]No it died because of whingey people like you. Besides, what are you talking about, I am a god bruh.

You wanna see a magic trick?

"I am god"

Ez cry more

haha funny ! you god am god haha! grow up lol.

na i don't usually cry because of brain damaged people.

and btw you  are not original , stealing people's lines doesn't make you funny
Jeeeeeez calm down please. When people mentioned an unwelcome community when looked at from the outside this was probably what they meant.

Reading through just made me uncomfortable, and this is only one small instance. From what I heard or seen this happens in-game, forums and the discord constantly and if you think about it, would you want to get involved with a community that just consists of people throwing insults and whatever at each other?

A lot has changed, and with the thread title I think it's only looked at from one perspective but if you look at it from another perspective the fighting between members could put the staff members on edge. At one point people only wanted to see others punished, and they would get angry when told it was a minor issue a talk is enough etc.

While staff perhaps also need to step back and have a look, maybe we all should?

Now back on topic famalam

With the new rules, we were told to be more lenient as the rules themselves are also lenient now. From looking at the ban list, I do not see people punished for messing about in private but only those that have tried to ruin the server for those remaining. 

Please give me id's of the punishments if I'm missing anything

Besides that, again, please calm down and lets have a civil discussion

love you all and happy kebab days
(Aug 12, 2020, 10:56 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]Jeeeeeez calm down please. When people mentioned an unwelcome community when looked at from the outside this was probably what they meant.

Reading through just made me uncomfortable, and this is only one small instance. From what I heard or seen this happens in-game, forums and the discord constantly and if you think about it, would you want to get involved with a community that just consists of people throwing insults and whatever at each other?

A lot has changed, and with the thread title I think it's only looked at from one perspective but if you look at it from another perspective the fighting between members could put the staff members on edge. At one point people only wanted to see others punished, and they would get angry when told it was a minor issue a talk is enough etc.

While staff perhaps also need to step back and have a look, maybe we all should?

Now back on topic famalam

With the new rules, we were told to be more lenient as the rules themselves are also lenient now. From looking at the ban list, I do not see people punished for messing about in private but only those that have tried to ruin the server for those remaining. 

Please give me id's of the punishments if I'm missing anything

Besides that, again, please calm down and lets have a civil discussion

love you all and happy kebab days

lick my asshole

hi i cba reading the other 3 pages of this thread because it's too hot and fuck macos.
fl pulled a magic trick and DROP TABLE bans;'d a few months after the split.
so uh, we've actually got less bans per unit time.

back to sucking off gaben to get my .app files to work
thank god for me,

big netters.
aka the guy who sounds like jim fucking sterling son?
Pages: 1 2 3 4