Limelight Forums

Full Version: Bring back TV or Remove REP on IS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion:
Re-activate the TV add-on, find a replacement OR remove the REP lock on the Interactive Screen

Description:
Low player-count, I don't mind playing on a low population server but I'd like some form of entertainment and I think friends enjoyed their session together when they could have some background video/noise and I don't believe the impact of potential lag per upload is going to impact game-play. If that's too much to ask, I suggest we find a way to incorporate this using a different addon or remove the REP lock on an entity that makes this possible to some degree.
+support

Pat

+Support
+Support
+Support
Watching dank memes and sick vines. +support
(Jun 24, 2020, 03:14 AM)Nev Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe the 0.0001ms of potential lag per upload is going to impact gameplay.

More like a 1/2 seconds of complete server freeze, but sure, it's 0.0001ms.
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-27411.html

lol knew it would happen, lol @ max for -supporting this suggestion previously but +support here.
I don't think we should add features that cause lag because the server is low in population as, if we do get population we can keep it by at least trying to give them smoother playtime. Yes, this was dope and we used to watch movies but it was removed because the lag it caused was noticeable enough for it to be recognized as the cause.
(Jun 27, 2020, 12:57 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we should add features that cause lag because the server is the low population as if we do get population we can keep it by at least trying to give them smoother playtime. Yes, this was dope and we used to watch movies but it was removed because the lag it caused was noticeable enough for it to be recognized as the cause.

Of course, although the premise of this suggestion is more or less to re-implement or find something comparable that is not going to impact gameplay nor be difficult to use + REP locked
Unless you can suggest a replacement to it, I don't see any reason to bringing this back. It causes more harm than good.
(Jun 27, 2020, 01:23 AM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you can suggest a replacement to it, I don't see any reason to bringing this back. It causes more harm than good.

If middle ground wants to be made, they should remove the REP lock for the interactive screens. Is there really harm in that? 

I don't see a majority of those players with 30+ REP sitting on the low population server. I'd hope we can really just try and promote RP in general right now and get players encouraged to come try new things and start enjoying themselves, especially since staff isn't as active right now and able to really watch RP's going on.

Guv

(Jun 24, 2020, 11:12 AM)Brennan Wrote: [ -> ]+Support
Yeah, let's suggest this for the 10th time.

-support
(Jun 27, 2020, 03:17 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, let's suggest this for the 10th time.

-support

Yeah, let's post the same response without reading the premise of the suggestion.

Certainly don't want to hurt your feelings, but remarks like that aren't really beneficial especially when they don't acknowledge that this suggestion entails more than one angle. The suggestion does not simply encompass re-activating the previous add-on, but also offers an alternative which could mean removing the REP lock on the interactive screen.

I'd expect more of an effort in conversation from someone like you, to be fair.
Pages: 1 2