Limelight Forums

Full Version: Happy Pride Month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Corporations will slap rainbows on their products and act like gay people are the best for a whole month, how great!
Happy Pride Month all!

Eddie

Happy Pride all 🏳️‍🌈
Idk. I mean - if people need that. Sure. Go ahead. Happy pride month then.

In my personal opinion it's retarded tho. I don't need a month for that. I can live my life without that. In the end it's nothing but commerce.
Kind of like Valentine's Day. Companies want to sell products in the end. They don't care. I don't care.

Guv

im not fan of pride month for one reason

i dont see why People who are LGBT oriented get to celebrate/raise awareness for their cause for 1 month 

whereas mental health awareness, autism awareness, cerebral palsy awareness, down syndrome awareness and every other awareness which i believe is far more important than raising the awareness of the fact that you like the same sex ..... gets 1 day or 1 week

i despise the parading of town centres during pride month, there is no real purpose to it imo 

like... your parading through this town centre to tell society you like the same sex... ok, good for you

but you dont see straight people marching through cardiff city centre, to tell people they like the opposite sex for a period of time during 1 month [dont know bout anywhere else]

all in all imo they should turn pride month into pride week, as a month is just overkill.
great shitpost
(Jun 1, 2020, 11:11 AM)Guv Wrote: [ -> ]im not fan of pride month for one reason

i dont see why People who are LGBT oriented get to celebrate/raise awareness for their cause for 1 month 

whereas mental health awareness, autism awareness, cerebral palsy awareness, down syndrome awareness and every other awareness which i believe is far more important than raising the awareness of the fact that you like the same sex ..... gets 1 day or 1 week

i despise the parading of town centres during pride month, there is no real purpose to it imo 

like... your parading through this town centre to tell society you like the same sex... ok, good for you

but you dont see straight people marching through cardiff city centre, to tell people they like the opposite sex for a period of time during 1 month [dont know bout anywhere else]

all in all imo they should turn pride month into pride week, as a month is just overkill.

It's funny as you're actual wrong in what you have said, but pop off.

EDIT/ADDITION: The point of pride is not to go 'oh look at me' its a celebration of how far the LGBT community has come and is now widely accepted. Even in now in places people are still being murdered over sexuality. If you really think pride is a celebration of liking the same gender you are mistaken.

ADDITION #2: Also pride isn't just homosexuality. It is basically anything that doesn't fall under heterosexuality. LGBT are just the main and most known about ones. The fact that you even said this: "whereas mental health awareness, autism awareness, cerebral palsy awareness, down syndrome awareness and every other awareness which i believe is far more important" shows that are slightly anti LGBT. It is like saying why do they have a whole month of awareness, everyone knows about all of them, so why give them awareness? "you dont see straight people marching through cardiff city centre" why do you think that is? When was the last time you heard about someone being verbally abused or physically abused because they are straight? Where as LGBT people get attacked, verbally abused all the time. People even go onto apps such as Grindr pretend to be in the community and then bait them into meeting and attack them. Does that happen to straight people for their sexuality? No. "imo they should turn pride month into pride week, as a month is just overkill." hardly anyone celebrates for the whole month, sure shops put up rainbows and stuff but that mean nothing. Most major cities have 1 day where people come and express themselves freely without the chance that anything bad will happen to them. I've been to pride 3 times now and it is actually a lovely day. Everyone is kind, helpful and respectful. Sure you will get the odd group that is anti LGBT turn up but they are just drowned out. Why comment on something you don't fully understand? Just ask instead.

Eddie

(Jun 1, 2020, 11:11 AM)Guv Wrote: [ -> ]im not fan of pride month for one reason

Mental health month is May
Autism awareness month is April
Cerebal Palsy month is March
down syndrome awareness month is October 

Their is a purpose to it, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. Pride is about celebrating how far we have come and how much further we have to go. 

I don't know where you live but if it is in the UK then you should look into the GRA and how it affects transgender people. If you live in the USA I recently read an article about how anti-lgbt hate groups have soared in 2019.

ForceGhost

Can we have a Givens pride month next year?

We have a gay person and a trans person in our extremely welcoming and modern clan so perhaps we could even figure out something and share a month?

Who's the LGBTQ person who I would speak to about this?
(Jun 1, 2020, 02:30 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Can we have a Givens pride month next year?

We have a gay person and a trans person in our extremely welcoming and modern clan so perhaps we could even figure out something and share a month?

Hello month of June, i see u dont have fire ensurance
(Jun 1, 2020, 02:30 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Can we have a Givens pride month next year?

This actually reminds me of something interesting. In general, crime groups are quite diverse and accepting due to their reliance on merit and the likes. This leads to many LGBT+ folks actually ending up protected by local gangs.
(Jun 1, 2020, 03:16 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]

This actually reminds me of something interesting. In general, crime groups are quite diverse and accepting due to their reliance on merit and the likes. This leads to many LGBT+ folks actually ending up protected by local gangs.

so if I put "gay" into my character description Givens won't burn my shop?

ForceGhost

(Jun 1, 2020, 03:55 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 1, 2020, 03:16 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]

so if I put "gay" into my character description Givens won't burn my shop?

You'll be eligible for a discount on our fire insurance policies.

Okay..

So you say that it's not needed for awareness right? And that mental health, autism blah blah blah don't get anything?

Here's a few links to show that you're clearly uneducated.

MENTAL HEALTH: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/campaign...t-involved (This is ONE of thousands upon THOUSANDS of websites that are a form of a chairty that can assist with those who need it. There is also a "Mental Health Awareness Week" Wowweee.

AUTISM: https://www.autism-society.org/get-invol...ess-month/
(Again, like the MHAW charities, there are so many charities avail to those who need it. Theres also a WHOLE ASS MONTH dedicated to those with Autism, is this overkill? Is this not needed? Does this need THIS much awareness raised? Absolutely!

I'm not even going to list the other two and waste anymore of my time on someone as ignorant as yourself. You need to sit back, do a little bit more research before commenting and making yourself look like a moron.

Opinions are welcomed, trying to state facts on the other hand, I suggest you do your homework before others like me rip into you for your deluded comments.

Have a lovely Pride Month. Enjoy yourself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9