Limelight Forums

Full Version: Your current or dream occupation/job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(May 27, 2020, 07:05 PM)Aryen Wrote: [ -> ]I wanna be an architect, most specifically interior and fashion designer. Dream is to have my own brand

Oh! Very nice! Why architecture exactly?
I would like to work in the events industry doing theatrical lighting.

Got ~25 shows from amdram things at the moment, just everything is really dead atm considering not much is going ahead. Although not sure I'm going to be looking forward to the extremely social hours :/
(May 28, 2020, 12:29 AM)Duckie Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 27, 2020, 02:47 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]Studying to be an economist at the moment. It ain't easy work, but I'm doing my best to succeed. Smile

Oooooo! Not sure I've heard of that job before. Sounds interesting. Mind elaborating or explaining?

Of course. In short, we focus on the social aspects of economic trends, their effects on markets and predictions of how the economy will be affected by other impulses. 

To give you an example, economists around the world are right now trying to predict how long is the economic recession resulting from COVID-19 going to last (I've heard around 1.5 years). 

When working for a company, we serve as economic advisors, helping the company predict what move will be beneficial for the company in the long run (e.g. raise or lower the prices of a product during said recession). 

It is still my first year in university, so I am not an expert at the subject yet, however I am very interested in it. Plus, it is good money. 
(May 27, 2020, 07:05 PM)Aryen Wrote: [ -> ]I wanna be an architect, most specifically interior and fashion designer. Dream is to have my own brand

Have you seen his dupes? 😄
(May 28, 2020, 12:27 AM)Duckie Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 27, 2020, 01:15 PM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 27, 2020, 09:53 AM)Duckie Wrote: [ -> ]I am starting this thread because I know a lot of you guys, in terms of RP characters but I want to get to know y’all on a more personal level. So, what do you guys do for work? What’s the best part of your job? Got any super cool or funny’s stories about your job? Or maybe you want to share your dream job?

I currently work as a property maintenance worker/labourer. Best part of my job is I get to work outside a lot. It’s really nice when the sun is covered by some clouds and it’s a nice cool temperature. I don’t really have any funny stories. But why would I lol? My job is boring. 

My dream job is to either join the RCMP or become a Conservation Officer in British Columbia.

Ive got my own IT company,
Fun stories? Yes... I pay loads of taxes to the state every month, very fun yes
Your own IT company, very nice! Why work in IT?

Opportunities and luck drove me to it, and it never gets boring, always new "issues" that has to be solved.
(May 28, 2020, 11:32 AM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 28, 2020, 12:27 AM)Duckie Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 27, 2020, 01:15 PM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]Ive got my own IT company,
Fun stories? Yes... I pay loads of taxes to the state every month, very fun yes
Your own IT company, very nice! Why work in IT?

Opportunities and luck drove me to it, and it never gets boring, always new "issues" that has to be solved.
Very nice! I wish you the best for your company!  Thumbs Up
(May 28, 2020, 11:16 AM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 27, 2020, 02:47 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]Studying to be an economist at the moment. It ain't easy work, but I'm doing my best to succeed. Smile

Oooooo! Not sure I've heard of that job before. Sounds interesting. Mind elaborating or explaining?

Of course. In short, we focus on the social aspects of economic trends, their effects on markets and predictions of how the economy will be affected by other impulses. 

To give you an example, economists around the world are right now trying to predict how long is the economic recession resulting from COVID-19 going to last (I've heard around 1.5 years). 

When working for a company, we serve as economic advisors, helping the company predict what move will be beneficial for the company in the long run (e.g. raise or lower the prices of a product during said recession). 

It is still my first year in university, so I am not an expert at the subject yet, however I am very interested in it. Plus, it is good money. 
Oh wow! Sounds like a rewarding job. Thanks for sharing!
(May 28, 2020, 11:17 AM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]

Have you seen his dupes? 😄
I have not. I assume they are amazing?
(May 28, 2020, 01:56 AM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to work in the events industry doing theatrical lighting.

Got ~25 shows from amdram things at the moment, just everything is really dead atm considering not much is going ahead. Although not sure I'm going to be looking forward to the extremely social hours :/

Oh, theatrical lighting. Mind elaborating on that job?
Investigator
shitposter
(May 28, 2020, 07:30 PM)Luvbunny Wrote: [ -> ]Investigator

Oooo. Like PI or Police?
I want to be a Firefighter, Paramedic, part-time developer, and a business owner.

I am starting EMT school in 1 1/2 weeks and attending the fire academy after that. I am also planning on signing on with my department as a volly until I am through with school and the academy. I will then progress my EMT license to eventually a Paramedic as my career goes on. I would also like to eventually work up the ranks in my department

I will work on personal projects as a developer and sell stuff. I might also do some contracting work for android development after I get a few years of experience under my belt. Basically, I want to keep this as a hobby, but a little money from it wouldn't be bad.

I want to own a business. Whether that be Event Planning, Lawn Care, or Gaming, either of those would suffice me. Currently, I am trying to start a gaming group that I hopefully be able to transition into a business. Event planning is really cool and fun and I enjoy being meticulous. I have been taking care of lawns for the past six years and have always thought about starting my own lawn care business.
(May 28, 2020, 09:42 PM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]I want to be a Firefighter, Paramedic, part-time developer, and a business owner.

I am starting EMT school in 1 1/2 weeks and attending the fire academy after that. I am also planning on signing on with my department as a volly until I am through with school and the academy. I will then progress my EMT license to eventually a Paramedic as my career goes on. I would also like to eventually work up the ranks in my department

I will work on personal projects as a developer and sell stuff. I might also do some contracting work for android development after I get a few years of experience under my belt. Basically, I want to keep this as a hobby, but a little money from it wouldn't be bad.

I want to own a business. Whether that be Event Planning, Lawn Care, or Gaming, either of those would suffice me. Currently, I am trying to start a gaming group that I hopefully be able to transition into a business. Event planning is really cool and fun and I enjoy being meticulous. I have been taking care of lawns for the past six years and have always thought about starting my own lawn care business.
Wow! That's all pretty crazy! Good luck at EMT school!
(May 28, 2020, 09:42 PM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]I want to be a Firefighter, Paramedic, part-time developer, and a business owner.

What's the difference between God and a Paramedic?

God doesn't think he is a paramedic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5