Limelight Forums

Full Version: Addressing staff inactivity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello community,

Today, the HR team has implemented new internal policies regarding staff inactivity. These policies more objectively outline certain requirements for staff regarding their in-game activity and other forms of involvement with the community, and allow HR to more easily act on repeated instances of failing to follow said requirements.

While we are hoping to see immediate improvements in certain staff members' activity based on these policies, you should not expect any immediate action and demotions as a consequence of these policies until December at the earliest (and even then hopefully no such actions will be required).
Who will be knocked out first...

Find out after the break.
Glad to see that something is now being done about it. 

Hopefully it'll work! Big Grin
Is there any particular reason why said policies can't be made public? Surely it's just a load of words on a page.

Anyways, this is a good step in the right direction. Glad to finally see some action being taken.
Does this extend to developers, or is it strictly administrators/moderators?
(Sep 15, 2019, 06:54 PM)Lewwings77 Wrote: [ -> ]Does this extend to developers, or is it strictly administrators/moderators?

Doctor Internet Wrote:admins/mods, policies for devs can be found by messaging .
Not sure how it counts for dev/admin, since they are technically separate roles.
[Image: deebd7c3e0b30fde775b73733fa6f95d.png]
(Sep 15, 2019, 08:06 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ][Image: deebd7c3e0b30fde775b73733fa6f95d.png]

or you could just act like you are inactive becuz you watch hentai or anime
Good to see the issue is being acknowledged on a larger scale and the members know now!
(Sep 15, 2019, 08:06 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ][Image: deebd7c3e0b30fde775b73733fa6f95d.png]

I'm welker and i approve of this message
I like to see that this issue is finally being discussed in the staff team. However, considering the failing playerbase, I would have wanted to see some more immediate action towards this issue. This is not a new issue and I see no reason to give those who already have proven their inactivity 3 more months to decide if they want to stay or not. Limelight needs an active staff team right now.
(Sep 17, 2019, 04:56 PM)Jompe Wrote: [ -> ]I like to see that this issue is finally being discussed in the staff team. However, considering the failing playerbase, I would have wanted to see some more immediate action towards this issue. This is not a new issue and I see no reason to give those who already have proven their inactivity 3 more months to decide if they want to stay or not. Limelight needs an active staff team right now.

The playerbase is recovering as of late. Peaked past 25 today, and have been doing consistently well for the past week or so. Income is up massively and generally RP has flourished a fair bit. If there’s another dip then we can cut the date short, but otherwise it’s fine to meander for now especially as getting rid of people immediately is going to be detrimental if the playerbase is getting busier.
(Sep 17, 2019, 11:49 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 17, 2019, 04:56 PM)Jompe Wrote: [ -> ]I like to see that this issue is finally being discussed in the staff team. However, considering the failing playerbase, I would have wanted to see some more immediate action towards this issue. This is not a new issue and I see no reason to give those who already have proven their inactivity 3 more months to decide if they want to stay or not. Limelight needs an active staff team right now.

The playerbase is recovering as of late. Peaked past 25 today, and have been doing consistently well for the past week or so. Income is up massively and generally RP has flourished a fair bit. If there’s another dip then we can cut the date short, but otherwise it’s fine to meander for now especially as getting rid of people immediately is going to be detrimental if the playerbase is getting busier.

As of the playerbase actually regaining stability, it’s even more important that we address the staff inactivity as soon as possible. We could probably demote quite a lot of staff members without the community being affected much at all. That is because the inactive staff members are simply not administrating the servers. Demoting inactive staff members would rather favor the server by leaving room for new motivated and active staff members.
(Sep 18, 2019, 12:24 AM)Jompe Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 17, 2019, 11:49 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]

As of the playerbase actually regaining stability, it’s even more important that we address the staff inactivity as soon as possible. We could probably demote quite a lot of staff members without the community being affected much at all. That is because the inactive staff members are simply not administrating the servers. Demoting inactive staff members would rather favor the server by leaving room for new motivated and active staff members.

Admins do a LOT more than just moderate the servers. They’re also the “council” if you will when helping and deciding LL’s concerns and improvements. If you want to demote inactive staff, demote the ones not on the forums OR the server that haven’t been active inna while (The Rock is a good example). A smooth, slow transition allows the new HR team to assess and gain info of their subordinates to make a rational decision on what to do. Once that is done, then we can see staff demotion based on more than just “HE’S NOT ON SERVER REEEE”
(Sep 18, 2019, 04:15 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 18, 2019, 12:24 AM)Jompe Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 17, 2019, 11:49 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]The playerbase is recovering as of late. Peaked past 25 today, and have been doing consistently well for the past week or so. Income is up massively and generally RP has flourished a fair bit. If there’s another dip then we can cut the date short, but otherwise it’s fine to meander for now especially as getting rid of people immediately is going to be detrimental if the playerbase is getting busier.

Admins do a LOT more than just moderate the servers. They’re also the “council” if you will when helping and deciding LL’s concerns and improvements. If you want to demote inactive staff, demote the ones not on the forums OR the server that haven’t been active inna while (The Rock is a good example). A smooth, slow transition allows the new HR team to assess and gain info of their subordinates to make a rational decision on what to do. Once that is done, then we can see staff demotion based on more than just “HE’S NOT ON SERVER REEEE”

I believe that those in the "council" should be those who have the best insight into the server. This would be those who are actually playing on the server. Why should those who aren't playing on the server decide its path? Demoting those not playing on the server would leave room for more suitable people in both the "council", forums and the server.
Pages: 1 2 3