Limelight Forums

Full Version: Remove StormFox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail:
Remove StormFox from the server
Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:
As lovely as it is having a day/night cycle along with weather, I propose the removal StormFox as performance has been abysmal ever since it was implemented.  

Alternatively server side settings could be tweaked to drastically reduce its FPS affects. Thoughts?
+Support

Whats the point in having it with hardly anyone online nowadays may as well give them 2-3 people better FPS..
+Support

Stormfox gives many RP posibilities but in current situation we need good server performance to attract players
One step closer to going back to evo.

+1
(Jul 11, 2019, 02:27 PM)X_MAXXX_X Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

Stormfox gives many RP posibilities but in current situation we need good server performance to attract players

yepper
Massive +Support, I literally do not play anymore specifically because the server performance is so poor.
+ Support

I'll miss the effects it brought but if it improves the FPS (And hopefully the player count), then I'll support its removal.
+support

To me it was unnecessary "new content" to add to the server.
(Jul 11, 2019, 07:12 PM)Disastrous Wrote: [ -> ]Massive +Support, I literally do not play anymore specifically because the server performance is so poor.

Most players left cause of low FPS. 
+support
Yer I think it should be drastically reduced to maybe just day night or simple things or removed 
if its not wanted and causing lower fps
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
- support
I have not experienced any fundamental change in relation to stormfox.
It is a fundamental asset that allows for a great variety of new rps and probably the single larges contribution to the games overall immersion. It adds a whole new level to the overall rp.
One the one hand we complain about a lack of updates - on the other it seems like we cant keep those we implemented.
Since StormFox was implemented, my lovely Garry's Mod is timing out after joining the server. StormFox is not compatible with a lot of addons, that other servers use.

+1
(Jul 15, 2019, 04:40 PM)MrMarsh Wrote: [ -> ]- support
I have not experienced any fundamental change in relation to stormfox.
It is a fundamental asset that allows for a great variety of new rps and probably the single larges contribution to the games overall immersion. It adds a whole new level to the overall rp.
One the one hand we complain about a lack of updates - on the other it seems like we cant keep those we implemented.
-support

Having day/night and weather was brilliant and realistic - though I do concede and admit it was quite punishing for some with worse frame rates. I think we should look at ways to reduce (fuck you bambo) fix FPS.
Pages: 1 2