Limelight Forums

Full Version: Pride Month + LGBT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:37 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:36 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 14, 2019, 09:21 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]Rules of this:
1. This is not a safe space. All opinions are welcomed and should be treated respectfully.

All was stated

stop ignoring my point.

my point is, you're very worked up over someone elses thoughts and their business. that is weird.

this is a place for discussion, nobody is "Worked up" we are simply just giving our honest opinions on the subject.
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:38 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:37 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:36 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]All was stated

stop ignoring my point.

my point is, you're very worked up over someone elses thoughts and their business. that is weird.

this is a place for discussion, nobody is "Worked up" we are simply just giving our honest opinions on the subject.

you haven't once made any points against my argument on the current topic of the discussion, which was transgenderism/whatever it's called.

your only responses to my points has been calling me butthurt. stop trying to say MuH DisCUssIOn if you don't discuss.
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:39 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:38 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:37 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]stop ignoring my point.

you haven't once made any points against my argument on the current topic of the discussion, which was transgenderism/whatever it's called.

your only responses to my points has been calling me butthurt. stop trying to say MuH DisCUssIOn if you don't discuss.

It's because you being annoyed and insulting people will be the reason why this thread will get closed. anyway lets just both be quiet and let others give their views of the Topic as this is going nowhere good.
it's going nowhere because i've made several, civil points as to why you're all wrong and the only response i got was "nope"

that is because he had literally nothing to say against any of them, since any sensible and reasonable person knows they're true.
I'll start handing out warnings if this goes on. Stick to PM or Discord if you want to continue this.
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:30 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:28 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:27 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]So you're saying it's okay to change your gender, but not your age? It's hypocritical.

Gender is the same as sex, people have just twisted its definition to make a new meaning out of it - you can "feel" like a girl/boy but you will never one.

no-one is saying that a MtF trans person will become a full, biological female.

the idea i'm trying to get across is that 'gender identity' is how they feel, and sex is their biological sex.

sex can't be changed, their gender can.

Nope

your only response is "nope" because i'm right

/thread
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:31 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:30 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:28 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]no-one is saying that a MtF trans person will become a full, biological female.

the idea i'm trying to get across is that 'gender identity' is how they feel, and sex is their biological sex.

sex can't be changed, their gender can.

Nope

good contribution to the discussion since i'm 100% right and you have nothing to disprove it.

you're fucking weird mate - stop being so worked up on how someone else 'feels'

Why would I feel the need to keep repeating myself when you keep giving invalid points? You ignored my point relating age to gender because you had nothing to add. You're not 100% right either, because an opinion can't be 100% right - because it's AN OPINION; whereas it is a FACT that you cannot change your age or your gender, because age can only increase at regular intervals and because gender is the same as sex. 

But let's just say gender isn't the same as sex for now: the fact that you "feel" like you aren't what you biologically are, means that there is an issue with your brain and how you think, and it's an issue that needs treatment because it's not normal. 

As for you calling me "fucking weird," it just proves that you're the one who is worked up, not me. If you don't want to listen to my argument without getting offended because you don't agree with it, why are you on this thread?
Gender and sex have always been interchangeable. It wasn't until the last few years that I've heard anyone argue over the meaning because the LGBT++ movement hadn't taken place. Now, companies are changing their definitions to be "inclusive" and people like Bill Nye claim they have "scientific" proof that gender is a spectrum and unrelated to sex. 

To the Ben Shapiro clip, the logic is sound. If gender is a fluid social construct that can be changed, why can't you change your age? Time is not a scientific fact (there are scientific ways to measure it, but we created those to fit our ideas). We originally measured time based on the sun's position, but there is no force of nature that forces us to do it. Why can't we redefine a day to be a full revolution of the Earth around the Sun? For example, if I'm 25 years old in normal time, why can't I say I'm "time-nonconforming", redefine one day to be a revolution, and be less than a fraction of a year old?
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:44 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:31 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:30 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]Nope

good contribution to the discussion since i'm 100% right and you have nothing to disprove it.

Why would I feel the need to keep repeating myself when you keep giving invalid points? You ignored my point relating age to gender because you had nothing to add. You're not 100% right either, because an opinion can't be 100% right - because it's AN OPINION; whereas it is a FACT that you cannot change your age or your gender, because age can only increase at regular intervals and because gender is the same as sex. 

But let's just say gender isn't the same as sex for now: the fact that you "feel" like you aren't what you biologically are, means that there is an issue with your brain and how you think, and it's an issue that needs treatment because it's not normal. 

As for you calling me "fucking weird," it just proves that you're the one who is worked up, not me. If you don't want to listen to my argument without getting offended because you don't agree with it, why are you on this thread?

i ignored your point relating age to gender since age is biological whereas gender is a purely mental construct.

you can't change sex, which is biological. your gender identity is all in your head, which you can change.

you're able to change what you think, right?

i'm not saying that it is "normal" for someone to think they are the gender of the opposite sex, i never said that once. stop interpretting points that i've never made.

no-one is worked up, just stating facts sir.
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:46 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:44 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:31 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]good contribution to the discussion since i'm 100% right and you have nothing to disprove it.

i ignored your point relating age to gender since age is biological whereas gender is a purely mental construct.

you can't change sex, which is biological. your gender identity is all in your head, which you can change.

i'm not saying that it is "normal" for someone to think they are the gender of the opposite sex, i never said that once. stop interpretting points that i've never made.

Firstly, did you just assume my gender? I am shocked that you would do such a thing when you're such an advocate for transgender rights.

I've not stated once that you've said that changing your gender is "normal," I'm literally just saying that it's not normal.

Yes, people are allowed to change what they think, but when someone wants to change what they think about a solid fact, then that's where the issues lies.

And okay then, let me make a new definition of the word "age," and say that it now means that I THINK I'm a different age - would you accept this as a social norm?
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:52 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:46 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:44 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]Why would I feel the need to keep repeating myself when you keep giving invalid points? You ignored my point relating age to gender because you had nothing to add. You're not 100% right either, because an opinion can't be 100% right - because it's AN OPINION; whereas it is a FACT that you cannot change your age or your gender, because age can only increase at regular intervals and because gender is the same as sex. 

Firstly, did you just assume my gender? I am shocked that you would do such a thing when you're such an advocate for transgender rights.

I've not stated once that you've said that changing your gender is "normal," I'm literally just saying that it's not normal.

Yes, people are allowed to change what they think, but when someone wants to change what they think about a solid fact, then that's where the issues lies.

And okay then, let me make a new definition of the word "age," and say that it now means that I THINK I'm a different age - would you accept this as a social norm?

nice meme, bad bait.

k.

they're changing how they think who they are. regardless of if they think that they're (insert gender), the only issue i see is the fact that you care so much about how the other person wants to feel with their body.

no. not relevant, and idiotic to suggest such. common sense please.
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:45 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]Gender and sex have always been interchangeable. It wasn't until the last few years that I've heard anyone argue over the meaning because the LGBT++ movement hadn't taken place. Now, companies are changing their definitions to be "inclusive" and people like Bill Nye claim they have "scientific" proof that gender is a spectrum and unrelated to sex. 

To the Ben Shapiro clip, the logic is sound. If gender is a fluid social construct that can be changed, why can't you change your age? Time is not a scientific fact (there are scientific ways to measure it, but we created those to fit our ideas). We originally measured time based on the sun's position, but there is no force of nature that forces us to do it. Why can't we redefine a day to be a full revolution of the Earth around the Sun? For example, if I'm 25 years old in normal time, why can't I say I'm "time-nonconforming", redefine one day to be a revolution, and be less than a fraction of a year old?

Problem is, time is a set proven thing.

"The base unit of time in the International System of Units (SI), and by extension most of the Western world, is the second, defined as about 9 billion oscillations of the caesium atom. The exact modern definition, from the National Institute of Standards and Technology is:

The duration of 9192631770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium-133 atom."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_of_time

Since the oscillations of the caesium atom are constant and never changing, time has been set from this, which means you can't equate something like time to something fluid like gender. (Not biological sex.)
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:57 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:45 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]Gender and sex have always been interchangeable. It wasn't until the last few years that I've heard anyone argue over the meaning because the LGBT++ movement hadn't taken place. Now, companies are changing their definitions to be "inclusive" and people like Bill Nye claim they have "scientific" proof that gender is a spectrum and unrelated to sex. 

Problem is, time is a set proven thing.

"The base unit of time in the International System of Units (SI), and by extension most of the Western world, is the second, defined as about 9 billion oscillations of the caesium atom. The exact modern definition, from the National Institute of Standards and Technology is:

The duration of 9192631770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium-133 atom."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_of_time

Since the oscillations of the caesium atom are constant and never changing, time has been set from this, which means you can't equate something like time to something fluid like gender. (Not biological sex.)

basically this but the effort in constructing a response like this was too much for me.

age can't be compared to gender.
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:54 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:52 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:46 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]i ignored your point relating age to gender since age is biological whereas gender is a purely mental construct.

nice meme, bad bait.

k.

they're changing how they think who they are. regardless of if they think that they're (insert gender), the only issue i see is the fact that you care so much about how the other person wants to feel with their body.

I'm not making memes or baiting you, I'm asking questions.

I am allowed to care about other people because, I'm not that detached.

It is in every way relevant, and you won't answer the question because it would unfortunately seem that you don't have the capacity to be mature enough to have a civil discussion without leaning to insults.
(Jun 15, 2019, 10:00 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:54 PM)kian Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2019, 09:52 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, did you just assume my gender? I am shocked that you would do such a thing when you're such an advocate for transgender rights.

nice meme, bad bait.

k.

I'm not making memes or baiting you, I'm asking questions.

I am allowed to care about other people because, I'm not that detached.

It is in every way relevant, and you won't answer the question because it would unfortunately seem that you don't have the capacity to be mature enough to have a civil discussion without leaning to insults.

trying to argue that age is equivalent to gender isn't relevant because it isn't and anyone with a hint of common sense knows this.

refer to previous posts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7