Limelight Forums

Full Version: get rid of the us server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(Jun 9, 2019, 12:35 AM)Immoxb Wrote: [ -> ]I'll stay neutral for this for a while, as I have no idea how many US people actually play on the US server...But I agree with the guys that, if the server is not as populated as it was inteded to, another EU server could be handy with another map or other fancy stuff. If the US server is populated enough, then I dont see a reason to why it should be closed.

Us server isn't populated at all and a second EU server isn't a good idea when we can only fill half the current EU server at peak times. 

We should close the US server and spend that money on getting us more devs. We can worry about a second server when we can at least fill the first one.

+ Support, remove the US server.
+Support
Dear all,

I am going to add to my last point in which I said no one uses it!

It is an amazing map so maybe if you get rid of the US server use the Florida map somewhere else, like in the normal server however I would imagine many would not be happy with this change as people have lots and lots of dupes that are big and changing the map might annoy some!

Thank you for reading this, have a wonderful day,

henryhouse12
(Jun 10, 2019, 11:38 AM)henryhouse12 Wrote: [ -> ]Dear all,

It is an amazing map so maybe if you get rid of the US server use the Florida map somewhere else, like in the normal server however I would imagine many would not be happy with this change as people have lots and lots of dupes that are big and changing the map might annoy some!

henryhouse12

I disagree, we do not have the current numbers to split our servers in two.

Though I don't think giving up on US is necessary at this stage. As an alternative it would likely be worth exploring the possibility of reverting the US server to Rockford or similar. 

The main issue is that Florida is not well known and just isn't a very popular map.
(Jun 10, 2019, 11:51 AM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 10, 2019, 11:38 AM)henryhouse12 Wrote: [ -> ]Dear all,

henryhouse12

I disagree, we do not have the current numbers to split our servers in two.

Though I don't think giving up on US is necessary at this stage. As an alternative it would likely be worth exploring the possibility of reverting the US server to Rockford or similar. 

The main issue is that Florida is not well known and just isn't a very popular map.

Dear Welker,

I understand your point but there are a few reasons to why I disagree with your last post!

So, if we do revert to Rockford or something like that, people would in my opinion still play Truenorth as the server changed from Rockford ages ago, and I think everyone likes Truenorth because it is well known, etc! I think it would be a waste of time to maintain the US server and as someone said before spending the money on more devs, especially with this issue of the prop bug!

I do not understand what you meant by: "I disagree, we do not have the current numbers to split our servers in two."

I was saying maybe find another way to use that server or map but now I read over it again it does not make much sense so maybe it was just miscommunication from me that caused me to be confused at your last post!

I would love to see your reply to hear more about your opinion!

Have a wonderful day,

henryhouse12
(Jun 10, 2019, 12:42 AM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 9, 2019, 12:35 AM)Immoxb Wrote: [ -> ]I'll stay neutral for this for a while, as I have no idea how many US people actually play on the US server...But I agree with the guys that, if the server is not as populated as it was inteded to, another EU server could be handy with another map or other fancy stuff. If the US server is populated enough, then I dont see a reason to why it should be closed.

Us server isn't populated at all and a second EU server isn't a good idea when we can only fill half the current EU server at peak times. 

We should close the US server and spend that money on getting us more devs. We can worry about a second server when we can at least fill the first one.

Depends what map they choose (cough cough an evo map cough cough)
(Jun 10, 2019, 05:49 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 10, 2019, 12:42 AM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 9, 2019, 12:35 AM)Immoxb Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-

Depends what map they choose (cough cough an evo map cough cough)

Perhaps if I say it enough it'll start to make sense to everyone.

Map =/= content

Map does not equal content.

Got it?

I have an analogy for our server:

The server is like a pallet of food for you, the player, to consume. The food in this case would be things like jobs, weed and meth system, player interaction, and more. The map, on the other hand, is the plate. You don't eat the plate, do you? The plate doesn't change how the food tastes, only may make it look a bit better based on one's opinion. 

If we want our server to be better, we need to add more things for people to do (food on the plate in this anology). We need to do this because our map, our plate, is very empty. 

Another map filled with the exact same stuff, or arguably less given that NOBODY plays on it, is only a waste. Use the money to pay a dev to make us something like a truck-driving minigame, a mining and crafting system, fix the meth system, nerf weed, make jobs like taxi driver not useless, and fill all the vacant buildings like Northern Steel with something fun.
(Jun 8, 2019, 06:42 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]Counter-idea:

Turn the US server into a general minigames server. This could include stuff like hide n seek, small combat things like ctf, some equivalent to Minecraft's TNT run etc. All of this could attract a wider playerbase, some of whom would enjoy RP too, and donations could give cosmetic perks to these people too. For example hats, inert SWEPs etc.

Dear Monty,

In my opinion, there is no need for this as I will state below!

Limelight is, and always has been a CityRP server! So why suddenly add a sub-server for minigames that will probably die shortly, after people get bored.

It will cost more money, take more time, developers time will have to be split, thus leading fewer updates for Truenorth!

There are other games that have these mini-games, like as you mentioned Minecraft and ROBLOX! Plus there are game modes for mini-games within GMOD anyway, so my question is why waste time trying to develop that idea when other servers/companies who know what people want, and have done for years, are already maintaining these types of servers, and let Limelight maintain what they do best, CityRP!

I see where you were coming from and I am not saying that it is a shit idea, I just don't agree with it! But this is just my opinion! The idea is a good one, just not good for Limelight in my eyes!

I hope you have a wonderful day,

henryhouse12
^ why is your mcm writing a formal letter for every reply lmaooooooo

Still, this shit is a waste of money
(Jun 11, 2019, 01:12 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]^ why is your mcm writing a formal letter for every reply lmaooooooo

Dear Faustin,

The reason I write so formally is so it is informative, easy to follow, read and it shows that I respect them by putting in the effort of writing it rather than just a simple reply! The only time I would write a short reply is if I am unable to have the time to write a formal one, or if it is appropriate in my eyes to write an informal reply!

I hope this makes sense and have a wonderful day,

henryhouse12

Turn the US server into a general minigames server. This could include stuff like hide n seek, small combat things like ctf, some equivalent to Minecraft's TNT run etc. All of this could attract a wider playerbase, some of whom would enjoy RP too, and donations could give cosmetic perks to these people too. For example hats, inert SWEPs etc.

We can barely fill the main server?
(Jun 11, 2019, 05:07 PM)I’m Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]

We can barely fill the main server?

Different audiences for mini games and rp, if we develop it right we can make a unique server which would be used more than a US server on the same mode
Nothing will ever beat Evocity_V33x or V4B1.

+ Support, a genuinely good idea
(Jun 11, 2019, 01:12 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]^ why is your mcm writing a formal letter for every reply lmaooooooo

he wants teacher lmao.

Why is the server still up, our shekels are being drained for each day it goes by on 0 pop.
Pages: 1 2 3 4