Limelight Forums

Full Version: get rid of the us server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
apart from point 3 which im pretty sure has been discussed/suggested before, everything else is rather wrong.

-Support

LL Dev & HR have a plan if I had to guess, let them see it through, they are more than capable to figure out if it is worth keeping the US server or if they are just burning valuable cash.
(May 21, 2019, 08:55 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 21, 2019, 08:41 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 21, 2019, 07:23 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]What?

Translate from jargon and say what's wrong for us non-server-running simpletons please :)

I don't know what he means.

Let me translate spacker for you guys.

Also suggestions 1. aren't being implemented as there is now 2. server cache. 3. Well now there will be!

1. approved suggestions are "not being worked on"
2. approved suggestion section (past staff review)
3. the us server's maintainance from the devs make less suggestions being done /s

TL:DR - He doesn't read changelogs or threads.
+Support

From a player POV, it looks like a genuine waste of resources that could be utilized in a better way.
It's always empty, and when it's not empty, it's maybe a MAXIMUM of 5 players, contra farming..
-support
dont see the reason to complain from a players perspective 
acting cool n stuff like u r developer and u wanna make gud choice to save server money
(Jun 5, 2019, 10:59 AM)Nev Wrote: [ -> ]-support
acting cool n stuff like u r developer and u wanna make gud choice to save server money

Ultimately it is players that fund the server so I don't see how wanting to conserve funds that are being totally wasted is "acting cool n stuff" when these finances could be better allocated to development or anything instead of being pissed away. 

[Image: 3ff671d2e6f9e8131d6334663e3a3c22.png]

+support for server removal or alternative map.

You're free to your own opinion, but don't see the reason for you to try & tough guy me over wanting resources utilized in a better manner. 
You could easily give your input like the rest of us & move on with your day, rather than acting like a child with your weak sneak diss.
Pretty sure sneak dissing me isn't considered constructive feedback, you're just trying to get a rise out of me which is pointless.
+support

When this server first came out I loved it, a good map, and it just looked so much better than Truenorth! I tried to get people to join it etc, but no one did, and consistently Truenorth was used more, thus making me lean more towards playing Truenorth! As most people have more dupes on Truenorth I don't see anyone using the US server, thus making it a waste of time, effort and quite frankly space!
Let me explain how it looks:
-Devs spent a long time working on a second server for a minority player base.

-Minority player base wasn’t all that big and only 4 or 5 regularly use the server

-Second server is costing a fair bit of money and is dividing the player base.

- Second server becomes a massive contra farm with little to no police coverage

-More hyperinflation ensues as players do every money-making opportunity regardless of legality
+Support

I haven't even played in months but I knew from the start that this second server wouldn't be a good idea. This is how they're wasting donation money?

Except when it's obvious said money would be better spent elsewhere, like dev wages for higher quality updates etc.
should've just expanded into other games and not countries imo
(Jun 8, 2019, 03:05 PM)George Wrote: [ -> ]should've just expanded into other games and not countries imo

As much I do want a US Server to be as successful as the first, this is needed. Even just adding common Gmod minigames like Deathrun is enough to get more people.
Counter-idea:

Turn the US server into a general minigames server. This could include stuff like hide n seek, small combat things like ctf, some equivalent to Minecraft's TNT run etc. All of this could attract a wider playerbase, some of whom would enjoy RP too, and donations could give cosmetic perks to these people too. For example hats, inert SWEPs etc.
+Support.
I'll stay neutral for this for a while, as I have no idea how many US people actually play on the US server...But I agree with the guys that, if the server is not as populated as it was inteded to, another EU server could be handy with another map or other fancy stuff. If the US server is populated enough, then I dont see a reason to why it should be closed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4