Limelight Forums

Full Version: SWAT Van Speed Buff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail:
1. Buff the SWAT Van's speed to around 40-50MPH with the same acceleration
2. Buff the SWAT Van's speed to around 40-50MPH with a slower acceleration

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:

Trying this again, because why not - Prior, a few people have made this suggestion back when we were on Rockford. However, we're on TrueNorth now - a significantly bigger map. I believe that a Max speed of 30MPH is too slow for such a large map, taking a significant amount of time to reach Magnum Bridge from the PD let alone even attempting to respond to a panic on the 2nd level of the map - Hence the suggested speed.

I believe that 40-50MPH should suit the vehicle as it still remains relatively slow, not making it a speed demon - Still keeping it *somewhat* fair

Maybe even add https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...co+bearcat
+ support for option 2 if new bearcat is not added. +support for option 1 if new one is added.
This suggestion actually intrigued me.

I don't drive the SWAT van at all, so I asked ‍ for a test drive.

While the van has a sufficient amount of horsepower to get pretty much everywhere, it doesn't have an appropriate top speed. A tactical response vehicle to tops out at 30 mph isn't much of a help to anyone.

Yes the vehicle is extremely heavy, but the engines installed within them are made to counter that weight.

+Support for suggestion 1
It’s not made for speed. It’s already OP as fuck. If you wanna get somewhere fast as SWAT, you’ve got plenty of other options. If you want to get somewhere in an impenetrable tank, it’s gonna take a little longer.
-support
(Mar 4, 2019, 04:55 AM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]It’s not made for speed. It’s already OP as fuck. If you wanna get somewhere fast as SWAT, you’ve got plenty of other options. If you want to get somewhere in an impenetrable tank, it’s gonna take a little longer.
-support

Not made for speed?
This driver must have missed that memo as it seems to be going quite fast.
[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/spx5cGliMkA[/video]
ok then instead of just making the swat van faster make all cars faster, i doubt a ford focus can ONLY go 30 mph irl
Incase y’all haven’t noticed, the speeds of cars are scaled down quite a bit. The Tahoe maxes out at like 60 mph. IRL You’d be able to take it excess of 120. Making the swat van go 30 in game doesn’t mean it tops off at 30 irl.
+Support 
Yes, the SWAT van is a beefy thing that should have equal pros and cons, however 30MPH is kinda slow, especially to calls needing a time critical response. 

Maybe to counter act the speed increase, have the fuel consumption at a high rate?  

x
(Mar 4, 2019, 04:10 PM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Incase y’all haven’t noticed, the speeds of cars are scaled down quite a bit. The Tahoe maxes out at like 60 mph. IRL You’d be able to take it excess of 120. Making the swat van go 30 in game doesn’t mean it tops off at 30 irl.

Even if speeds we're halved for all of vehicles the SWAT van is scaled down disproportionately to a third of what an irl counterpart could travel.

I remember when the map was on Rockford the thing moved so slowly it couldn't make it up the hill from the inner gas station to the suburbs and had to be ditched mid call.
+support

Just add the Bearcat already.
(Mar 4, 2019, 12:58 AM)Firav Wrote: [ -> ]This suggestion actually intrigued me.

I don't drive the SWAT van at all, so I asked ‍ for a test drive.

While the van has a sufficient amount of horsepower to get pretty much everywhere, it doesn't have an appropriate top speed. A tactical response vehicle to tops out at 30 mph isn't much of a help to anyone.

Yes the vehicle is extremely heavy, but the engines installed within them are made to counter that weight.

+Support for suggestion 1
I may hold an unpopular opinion, but I don't think the speed should be increased.
I think this vehicle serves its purpose as a tactical vehicle that is largely only necessary in extreme cases; one example being a joint raid by law enforcement entities. 

The SWAT van is not an interceptor, nor should it be used in vehicle pursuits. It's bullet-proof and I've seen it be used to offer an extreme advantage (e.g. being able to constantly be moved to offer cover and also to ram vehicles) and because of this, I believe it is in the best interest in terms of game balance to keep it at a relatively slow speed. There is already access to other vehicles for this class and additionally, the implementation of a smaller semi/bullet-proof vehicle would be better and would be one that could certainly be able to go within the range of speed that you wish to have.
+support it would be nice to see a bearcat as an alternative to the SWAT van, maybe a slightly better version
(Mar 4, 2019, 04:42 PM).Noble Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 4, 2019, 04:10 PM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Incase y’all haven’t noticed, the speeds of cars are scaled down quite a bit. The Tahoe maxes out at like 60 mph. IRL You’d be able to take it excess of 120. Making the swat van go 30 in game doesn’t mean it tops off at 30 irl.

Even if speeds we're halved for all of vehicles the SWAT van is scaled down disproportionately to a third of what an irl counterpart could travel.

I remember when the map was on Rockford the thing moved so slowly it couldn't make it up the hill from the inner gas station to the suburbs and had to be ditched mid call.

Speed doesn’t have anything to do with going up a hill. If it’s got the torque then it can power up.
+Support for option 1

The SWAT Van, while quite large and cumbersome is nearly useless in its current state unless you are responding to Railway, TNF, or Suburbs. It would take an excruciating amount of time to respond to a SWAT callout in the Hill/Lake/Mine area of the map.

I would even go as far as saying that the SWAT Van in its current state limits the RP options available to members of SWAT due to its lack of ability.
Pages: 1 2