Limelight Forums

Full Version: SWAT Van Speed Buff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Mar 4, 2019, 08:12 PM)Nev Wrote: [ -> ]I may hold an unpopular opinion, but I don't think the speed should be increased.
I think this vehicle serves its purpose as a tactical vehicle that is largely only necessary in extreme cases; one example being a joint raid by law enforcement entities. 

The SWAT van is not an interceptor, nor should it be used in vehicle pursuits. It's bullet-proof and I've seen it be used to offer an extreme advantage (e.g. being able to constantly be moved to offer cover and also to ram vehicles) and because of this, I believe it is in the best interest in terms of game balance to keep it at a relatively slow speed. There is already access to other vehicles for this class and additionally, the implementation of a smaller semi/bullet-proof vehicle would be better and would be one that could certainly be able to go within the range of speed that you wish to have.

I know ‍ included a video of a tactical response vehicle involved in a pursuit, but that isn't the objective of this suggestion. If it were going to be used for pursuits and such, a higher speed limiter would have been suggested (such as 70-80mph).

Currently, if the van were to respond to an incident on top of the hill, it would take a ridiculous amount of time to reach its destination. By allowing the van to cruise a bit faster, it would justify its use.

It's understood that S.W.A.T. has access to a Tahoe and an FPIU, but these are not armored vehicles. If the team needs to respond to a barricaded subject they can all pile into the van and get closer to the structure and operate around their vehicle. The van in its current state is not a rapid response vehicle. Its a tortuous with some armored plates. Armed situations can devolve quickly and it is essential for a S.W.A.T. team to have a fast, armored vehicle to rely on.
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
Approved.
Added in Revision 10524.
Pages: 1 2