Limelight Forums

Full Version: Property System - buy/rent system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
as part of me redoing door system into a property system im faced with many possibilities
so im going to list all possibilities and add a vote

A. - Simple system same as doors was, sell at 50% price depends on property

B. - Rental System - time based charge at lower rate then A perhaps about 10% of A. charged every payday ( 5mins )

C. Part Owners - Like D. but only owning a % like shares, get that % of rent

D. Rental System same as B BUT you rent from --> Perm Owners - Own a property forever, Cost will be very very high, prob auction for 1st time buying, - WARNING - long inactivity / bans will make your property available for sale. collect money from players using B. system
* Properties will always be available to rent as normal, owners CANT stop you renting or KICK you out.
The idea for owners, is free rent when using self and getting rent paid by others in there wallets.

E. same as D but using A, for renters
I love the idea of D but sadly it's not viable in my eyes, would love someone to change my mind. I think B would be a good option though so +support for B
what do you think the problem with D is, more than happy to discuss it and maybe improve the idea
(Nov 21, 2018, 01:11 AM)Temar Wrote: [ -> ]what do you think the problem with D is, more than happy to discuss it and maybe improve the idea

Just seems to me there will be no properties variable for newer players at an affordable price. I suppose C could work. Inactivity can be classed as a long of things too, if you log on once a week you're technically not inactive but the building is still only used once a week. Not entirely sure how that could be improved upon
it doesn't restrict the use of properties etc, an owner can use there property when online same as another player, but for free, but would have to claim use of it amusing no 1 is renting it, when they go offline its available for rent.

it just add something for those with money to invest in and like owning a property is a status thing
yer new players cant afford to own, just like they cant afford high end cars, nothing we can do about that, they goto earn it
rent price will prob be flexible to allow some more interesting things, trying to get more rent from being cheaper than competition
BUT there will be restrictions on the price range, so cant overprice
Would A basically be the door system but for entire properties?
yes current system but expanded for entire property with dif prices depending on what your buying, and 50% back as normal when you sell
I think A would be the current best fit for Limelight. Most people change their RP every day sometimes within hours. It would be unreasonable for someone to buy a property for so long and then only use it for a little then not allowing others to use that property. Properties should be sold a certain time after disconnect.
anyone can still use the properties
they are Owners not Tenants unless they choose to be during that play session
the idea of owners is sense of being a owner 
extra income, after you claim all that rent, then maybe sell the property , you can make alot of money
or own it long enough and you might even get enough rent to cover your cost of buying it, and you still own it at that point

but this whole owning a property system wont effect everyday RP, you can still rent ANY property that isnt occupied, it will just be renting from a player instead of noone. 

and price wise, it can be potentially cheaper for you to rent from an owner than my set prices
-Support

I’m gonna need you to use that template bud.

Keep it simple and add an option to rent. I feel that a good combo is the perm owner buys the property at a high price (depending on the property popularity), and the owner then can rent it out to players. Apartment complexes would count as large properties.
yer template isnt needed, the property system it self is already approved and being worked on, this is just some aspects of it, i wanted to add a poll for
and dont forget to vote too
A or B would fit best imo.
(Nov 21, 2018, 05:59 AM)Temar Wrote: [ -> ]yer template isnt needed, the property system it self is already approved and being worked on, this is just some aspects of it, i wanted to add a poll for
and dont forget to vote too

There is no -Support option

I don’t agree with any other the options
E- Create a renting company exp-(LimeLight Real estate)

everyone can buy % of the  company
for example max %2 (50 people can buy instead of 20 property owner)]

every 1% costs 20.000 dollars $ 2.000.000 for the whole company price.

for renting

example make the 100 dollar every 5 min
when people rent a property money goes to company 

Company made 500 k this month ?

give the people who has % of the company in example max 2% 10 k for shareholders
Pages: 1 2