Limelight Forums

Full Version: AR15 -> Semiautomatic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Make the AR15 semiautomatic only
Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:
  • Presidents can ban automatic weapons, should they choose
  • AR15s are typically semiautomatic only (not a huge deal)
  • Would add some uniqueness to the 5.56 rifles
  • Allows certain RPs to have a rifle that a civilian would be more likely using rather than a fully automatic assault rifle
Murica
+support
Definitely +support as long as the damage gets buffed a little bit. I don't want to have to aim and click thirty times at someone to shoot them down.
(Nov 19, 2018, 03:02 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]Murica
(Nov 19, 2018, 03:17 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely +support as long as the damage gets buffed a little bit. I don't want to have to aim and click thirty times at someone to shoot them down.

+Support, as well as the accuracy being buffed a tad, it's currently way too inaccurate to be changed to semi-automatic firing only, in my opinion.
(Nov 19, 2018, 04:16 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 19, 2018, 03:17 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely +support as long as the damage gets buffed a little bit. I don't want to have to aim and click thirty times at someone to shoot them down.

+Support, as well as the accuracy being buffed a tad, it's currently way too inaccurate to be changed to semi-automatic firing only, in my opinion.
+support maybe add bump stocks tho? Obviously they would be a Blackmarket weapon mod but also they have a severely decreased accuracy and handling
(Nov 19, 2018, 05:37 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]+support maybe add bump stocks tho? Obviously they would be a Blackmarket weapon mod but also they have a severely decreased accuracy and handling

Not sure why it would be a blackmarket weapon mod, as bumpstocks are legal in most of america.

[Image: 959px-Bump_Stock_legality.svg.png]
Red: Outright Banned
Yellow: Legally unclear and grey area
Green: 100% legal

Not entirely sure why for combat a person would want a bumpstock, they are in no way designed for actual combat, and are just for the civilian market to make semi-auto weapons fire faster at a target range for fun.

If someone we're to try to use them for combat, they would probably die.

The vegas shooter used bumpstocks yes, but accuracy was in no way a factor he required as his target was a massed crowed of a thousand people, no matter how bad his aim, he was going to hit someone.

+Support for the AR-15 being made semi-auto, its always confused me why the AR ingame is full auto, as the AR is a civilian market sporting firearm and not military grade, thus the lack of a full auto option.

As for buffing the damage, I dont think it needs a damage buff, the damage was balanced long ago and just because it can only fire in semi auto only, does not mean it suddenly becomes less effective, as full auto fire is already not advised during any extended firefight.
+Support
+Support IF

We make all weapons semi-automatic with their own upgraded firing mechanism for automatic fire that can be purchased from a Gun Dealer at a hefty price (Or this can be an expensive schematic modification).

I feel if done right, this will be a right step into lowering the amount of long arms in everyones' hands, leading to a less "militarized" PD where pistols are more favorable for both cops and criminals.
(Nov 19, 2018, 07:30 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]+Support IF

We make all weapons semi-automatic with their own upgraded firing mechanism for automatic fire that can be purchased from a Gun Dealer at a hefty price (Or this can be an expensive schematic modification).

I feel if done right, this will be a right step into lowering the amount of long arms in everyones' hands, leading to a less "militarized" PD where pistols are more favorable for both cops and criminals.

making damage more realistic as in 1 shot headshot and maybe 3-7 bodyshots death, would value any firearm with way more caucion than it is right now, revolvers cant kill a person if shot in head as of right now, wich is kind of ridicilous, making every weapon semi by default and re-making the damage to more fatal would value firearms overall

(Nov 19, 2018, 08:11 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]

making damage more realistic as in 1 shot headshot and maybe 3-7 bodyshots death, would value any firearm with way more caucion than it is right now, revolvers cant kill a person if shot in head as of right now, wich is kind of ridicilous, making every weapon semi by default and re-making the damage to more fatal would value firearms overall

It would, but honestly for Gmod’s style of fighting, this would be although realistic not fit for this game
(Nov 19, 2018, 04:16 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]

Pages: 1 2