Limelight Forums

Full Version: AR15 -> Semiautomatic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Nov 19, 2018, 10:39 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 19, 2018, 08:11 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 19, 2018, 07:30 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]+Support IF

We make all weapons semi-automatic with their own upgraded firing mechanism for automatic fire that can be purchased from a Gun Dealer at a hefty price (Or this can be an expensive schematic modification).

I feel if done right, this will be a right step into lowering the amount of long arms in everyones' hands, leading to a less "militarized" PD where pistols are more favorable for both cops and criminals.

making damage more realistic as in 1 shot headshot and maybe 3-7 bodyshots death, would value any firearm with way more caucion than it is right now, revolvers cant kill a person if shot in head as of right now, wich is kind of ridicilous, making every weapon semi by default and re-making the damage to more fatal would value firearms overall

It would, but honestly for Gmod’s style of fighting, this would be although realistic not fit for this game

I really like both ideas here. Like Gungranny said, I think all weapons bought should be locked to semi-automatic by default. Then, perhaps through some expensive and (maybe) illegal modifications, it can be modded to be fully automatic. 

Along with this, I think the weapons would need a "buff". I personally believe good indirect buff would be to revamp the armor system. Instead of having a flat 50% reduction rate across all weapons, make it different based on the round that each gun fires. In essence, this would give each weapon an "armor penetration" value. Not only would this increase realism, but it would make semi-automatic a viable option. I wouldn't have to spam-click through 3 magazines in order to take down one guy.
(Nov 19, 2018, 03:17 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely +support as long as the damage gets buffed a little bit. I don't want to have to aim and click thirty times at someone to shoot them down.

I can look at damage and accuracy to make sure it's balanced

(Nov 19, 2018, 07:30 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]I feel if done right, this will be a right step into lowering the amount of long arms in everyones' hands, leading to a less "militarized" PD where pistols are more favorable for both cops and criminals.

I like this a lot. Moving towards primarily pistols would be much more realistic for both sides

(Nov 19, 2018, 08:11 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]making damage more realistic as in 1 shot headshot and maybe 3-7 bodyshots death, would value any firearm with way more caucion than it is right now, revolvers cant kill a person if shot in head as of right now, wich is kind of ridicilous, making every weapon semi by default and re-making the damage to more fatal would value firearms overall

The revolver can kill with a headshot, just not if you're wearing armor. I agree with reducing TTK to be more realistic.

I think it'd be nice if armor was changed so head and body armor was different that way not everyone is fully armored

(Nov 22, 2018, 12:37 AM)Quantum Wrote: [ -> ]Along with this, I think the weapons would need a "buff". I personally believe good indirect buff would be to revamp the armor system. Instead of having a flat 50% reduction rate across all weapons, make it different based on the round that each gun fires. In essence, this would give each weapon an "armor penetration" value. Not only would this increase realism, but it would make semi-automatic a viable option. I wouldn't have to spam-click through 3 magazines in order to take down one guy.

I like this a lot too. Give each round a realistic penetration value. Would make the Five Seven and P90 great.
(Nov 22, 2018, 03:42 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 19, 2018, 08:11 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]making damage more realistic as in 1 shot headshot and maybe 3-7 bodyshots death, would value any firearm with way more caucion than it is right now, revolvers cant kill a person if shot in head as of right now, wich is kind of ridicilous, making every weapon semi by default and re-making the damage to more fatal would value firearms overall

The revolver can kill with a headshot, just not if you're wearing armor. I agree with reducing TTK to be more realistic.

I think it'd be nice if armor was changed so head and body armor was different that way not everyone is fully armored

I am 100% sure that i did try to headshot with a revolver a no armour civilian before and failed on first shot doing around 90~ damage
This combined with making armour only affect the chest would be a good idea
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
(Nov 22, 2018, 05:50 AM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]I am 100% sure that i did try to headshot with a revolver a no armour civilian before and failed on first shot doing around 90~ damage

You aimed wrong then, the hitboxes are pretty awful.
If they were in any sort of pose (including having a weapon / item out) that offsets the hitbox a bit

You can 100% without a doubt headshot in 1 shot with a revolver
Approved, thank you for your suggestion
Completed in Revision 9051 by .
Pages: 1 2