Limelight Forums

Full Version: Tweaks in the ID terminals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Make the following changes to the ID terminals:
1) Police/SWAT should be able to see the fire chief, paramedics and firemen IDs.
2) Let PD and SWAT see each other.
3) Secretaries should be able to see the whole government
4) The fire chief, paramedics and firemen should be able to see the chief.
5) Short automatically by job, not by ID.
6) FD and EMS can see each other.
Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: Because it makes sense that some groups would know who are on other groups whey work with.
+support sure
I kind of feel this nullifies the point of removing the scoreboard jobs.

Guy is in a police uniform, check ID database, BOOM, caught.

Old method

Guy is in a police uniform, check color, job title, fabricate RP around IDing them, BOOM, caught.

Its kind of the same thing with less steps.

At the same time it does make sense, so im kind of mulling the pro's and cons here
(Nov 4, 2018, 07:34 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]1) Police/SWAT should be able to see the fire chief, paramedics and firemen IDs.

1. No. They are low-level "ground grunts". They shouldn't see Fire.
2. No. They're separate departments, linked by the Chief.
3. They already can.
4. See #2.
5. Agreed.
(Nov 4, 2018, 07:40 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]I kind of feel this nullifies the point of removing the scoreboard jobs.

Old method

Guy is in a police uniform, check color, job title, fabricate RP around IDing them, BOOM, caught.

At the same time it does make sense, so im kind of mulling the pro's and cons here

Well, it make sense to be able to see each other, right now it just requires someone radio it in and having someone check
(Nov 4, 2018, 07:41 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 4, 2018, 07:34 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]1) Police/SWAT should be able to see the fire chief, paramedics and firemen IDs.

1. No. They are low-level "ground grunts". They shouldn't see Fire.
2. No. They're separate departments, linked by the Chief.
3. They already can.
4. See #2.
5. Agreed.

1. Right now, there is no way for PD to know if anyone is on duty unless they say so. Which with newer players it is almost impossible to know unless you hunt them down.
2. The are division in the same department, they should absolutely know who is where and what they are.
4. Again, the FD/EMS have no idea who is who, they should know who runs the PD so they can contact someone if they have something to report.

Also check point 6 now.
(Nov 4, 2018, 07:40 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]I kind of feel this nullifies the point of removing the scoreboard jobs.

Old method

Now you cannot meta and it is not enough?!

When hear id terminal
I can should be seeing everyone in government. + at least LEO pass holders.

Why?
Its is goddamm id terminal, what point it has if you see only some of guys.
Sounds like a communication issue that should be resolved with some sort of training.

-Support
  if government cant see eachother in the ID terminal why are they connected on the same radio frequency
, because there's no proper dispatching system to relay between all three services.
(Nov 8, 2018, 06:22 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ], because there's no proper dispatching system to relay between all three services.

Exacly why the government should be able to see eachother trough a governmental ID terminal
(Nov 8, 2018, 06:39 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 8, 2018, 06:22 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ], because there's no proper dispatching system to relay between all three services.

Exacly why the government should be able to see eachother trough a governmental ID terminal

Or they could just go “This is [enter radio ID here] doing [this]”

If we allowed just a simple search of people in government, we wouldn’t really be able to do government impersonation. Why not just build on the new situation by enforcing better communication between departments and possibly even a Dispatcher Job?
(Nov 8, 2018, 09:26 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 8, 2018, 06:39 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]

If we allowed just a simple search of people in government, we wouldn’t really be able to do government impersonation. Why not just build on the new situation by enforcing better communication between departments and possibly even a Dispatcher Job?

i am for better governmental communication system, but a dispatcher job wouldnt be so exciting for many players as the only thing that a dispatcher does is forward emergency calls and sit in their office, i doubt that many people would find a liking in that
(Nov 8, 2018, 09:35 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 8, 2018, 09:26 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 8, 2018, 06:39 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]Exacly why the government should be able to see eachother trough a governmental ID terminal

i am for better governmental communication system, but a dispatcher job wouldnt be so exciting for many players as the only thing that a dispatcher does is forward emergency calls and sit in their office, i doubt that many people would find a liking in that

Being a paramedic isn’t fun.
Being a secretary isn’t fun.
Being a firefighter isn’t fun.
Being a Corleone isn’t fun.

But that’s why I don’t play them. Everyone does their own thing. Many experienced players like playing dispatcher if they can. New players don’t all like the same thing and shouldn’t be specifically tailored to when thinking of these jobs. New players may not like being shop owners, but after experience they will do it because they want to try something new.
(Nov 8, 2018, 09:44 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 8, 2018, 09:35 PM)Armard Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 8, 2018, 09:26 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Or they could just go “This is [enter radio ID here] doing [this]”

Being a paramedic isn’t fun.
Being a secretary isn’t fun.
Being a firefighter isn’t fun.
Being a Corleone isn’t fun.

But that’s why I don’t play them. Everyone does their own thing. Many experienced players like playing dispatcher if they can. New players don’t all like the same thing and shouldn’t be specifically tailored to when thinking of these jobs. New players may not like being shop owners, but after experience they will do it because they want to try something new.

Right but having a dedicated job just to sit and talk over radio would need its own quirk, secretary's work is little to no use, i have suggested a buff to make them a more viable job to play in the past, having to sit on the radio and forward calls would need some nice presentation maybe like a interactive map where the dispatcher could pinpoint situations in wich the map could be openly viewed within the government
Pages: 1 2