Limelight Forums

Full Version: Remove Scoreboard Job Colour and Sorting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just thought of something that i am just going to put out there for  , would it be possible that the scoreboard is "colorless or player colors" BUT have teamleaders have their players organised, I.e. government, corleone ,etc.
(Oct 22, 2018, 11:48 AM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 22, 2018, 11:26 AM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]neutral, im all for not metagaming but how would you know who to /pm if you needed a BMD or something?

I don't think its an issue to be honest. It opens alot more roleplay for underground vendors, realistically if you can't just look at the tab people are going to be asking around, using /advert seeking black market dealers. It adds alot more risk as well, you don't really know if you're going into a police sting or something so people should be more cautious and roleplay drug deals, etc. 

+support overall from me

With that in mind +support
-Support because goigle told me to
+Support
I think the best compromise is for the government to have publicly-listed roles complete with job colour, from President to desk secretary. That way everyone is aware of who is in the government.

For the rest of the server, we can remove job colour and make it player-specific, as the suggestion recommends.

This allows for some interesting future updates and features, assuming that everyone non-government now defaults as not having their job colour. For example:

- Merchants could register with the government for tax breaks or access to government imports (the government could otherwise disable market items selectively - this also bolsters the usefulness of crafting), putting them back on the list at the expensive of being known and tracked by the government.

- Criminals could hide more effectively

- The government could purposefully remove certain officers/agents from the public list, more effectively implementing undercover agents.

- Citizens could choose to register or not, with pros and cons for each choice.

This would probably require its own suggestion unless  is willing to adopt this compromise on his suggestion, but I think it would add a lot of roleplay potential while also reducing metagaming where possible.
An idea would could be, for BMD/Drug dealers to have some way of checking if an undercover cop is an undercover cop. The undercover cop would wear a vier or something.
Ehhh not sure if we wana make it so you can just search for a wire and BOOM insta detect a cop.
(Oct 23, 2018, 01:12 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]Ehhh not sure if we wana make it so you can just search for a wire and BOOM insta detect a cop.

Not necessary a wire, but something.
Maybe modify the PoliceDB into something for this?

Let all gov members access it, list all SS, PD, FD, and other Gov roles, list all passes, that kind of stuff?
(Oct 23, 2018, 01:15 AM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 23, 2018, 01:12 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]Ehhh not sure if we wana make it so you can just search for a wire and BOOM insta detect a cop.

I dono, even then nothing should be able to ID a police officer other than good information.

If you dont know their a cop, with a lack of job titles, color tags and what not, people cannot ID them properly by just looking at them, thus there is zero way to locate them unless you can gather some information on who is an officer via bribes, threats and what not.
(Oct 23, 2018, 01:21 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 23, 2018, 01:15 AM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]

I dono, even then nothing should be able to ID a police officer other than good information.

If you dont know their a cop, with a lack of job titles, color tags and what not, people cannot ID them properly by just looking at them, thus there is zero way to locate them unless you can gather some information on who is an officer via bribes, threats and what not.

I do see this in a good and a bad way. The good way is that there would be more BMD and Police sting RP, something I've been trying to do myself, beeing a BMD would be more risky in general (as should be) I'm just afraid that there will be too many sting operations and BMDs would spend most of their time in jail, either because the low crime rate in general (except car chases) 

Bribeging other officers and possible the cheif is a great idea but, not every officer is corrupt, but there should be an alternative atleast, keep in mind you have to advertise it somehow aswell
(Oct 23, 2018, 01:09 AM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]I think the best compromise is for the government to have publicly-listed roles complete with job colour, from President to desk secretary. That way everyone is aware of who is in the government.

For the rest of the server, we can remove job colour and make it player-specific, as the suggestion recommends.

This allows for some interesting future updates and features, assuming that everyone non-government now defaults as not having their job colour. For example:

- Merchants could register with the government for tax breaks or access to government imports (the government could otherwise disable market items selectively - this also bolsters the usefulness of crafting), putting them back on the list at the expensive of being known and tracked by the government.

- Criminals could hide more effectively

- The government could purposefully remove certain officers/agents from the public list, more effectively implementing undercover agents.

- Citizens could choose to register or not, with pros and cons for each choice.

This would probably require its own suggestion unless  is willing to adopt this compromise on his suggestion, but I think it would add a lot of roleplay potential while also reducing metagaming where possible.

I agree with most of this, except the job coloring. I feel this shouldn't exist, but some type of roster available to the team leads. That way you can still talk your way into looking like you're part of the team, without making it as easy as just checking a color.

I do feel their should be an option to make your job title public though. Would be nice for store owners or LEO's so it displays badge numbers.
(Oct 23, 2018, 01:16 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe modify the PoliceDB into something for this?

Let all gov members access it, list all SS, PD, FD, and other Gov roles, list all passes, that kind of stuff?

That's what I had in mind for a roster.
Mildly related but imo all government owned vehicles should be on the tracker too
(Oct 23, 2018, 02:11 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]I do feel their should be an option to make your job title public though. Would be nice for store owners or LEO's so it displays badge numbers.

I agree for store owners but imo badge # should be in your description as it's something physically on you. Same can be used for rank: "Sergeant Chevrons on arm" or something similar
(Oct 23, 2018, 02:15 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 23, 2018, 02:11 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]I do feel their should be an option to make your job title public though. Would be nice for store owners or LEO's so it displays badge numbers.

I agree for store owners but imo badge # should be in your description as it's something physically on you. Same can be used for rank: "Sergeant Chevrons on arm" or something similar

I wouldn't mind that. maybe add a default description for all pieces of clothing that can be edited after being put on?
For identifying undercover officers, I think that is best done indirectly. Mostly through roleplay and good surveillance, but we can expand on this with some additional equipment and skill trees after MESKA is released (very soon now, hopefully - the bulk of the system is finished and we're testing/ironing out issues). For example, there could be an electronics engineering skill, one part of which would allow players to hijack government radio - lower skill levels would struggle to get anything, medium skill would get certain parts of phrases, and high skill levels could get a significant amount of communication as well as police IDs/transponders where possible. It could lead to really interesting RP where government realises they're compromised and have to speak very carefully.
Pages: 1 2 3