Limelight Forums

Full Version: Save money and close the teamspeak server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Save money and close the teamspeak server

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: At the current time of making this there is only 1 person on TS and everyone is using discord now is so much easier to use.

Evidence: [Image: unknown.png]

[Image: server_players.php?GSID=5440197&start=-1...7318356847]
Over 30 days.

[Image: server_players.php?GSID=5440197&start=-1...4046652886]
Over 7 Days

[Image: server_players.php?GSID=5440197&start=-1...6243003589]
Over 24 Hours
Massive +Support
-Support
(Aug 23, 2018, 10:02 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]-Support

Any Reason?
+support

"But I want to Voice Chat"

Use the free Discord channel then.
-support

Put it down to like 56 slots. You still save money then. Teamspeak is so much better for speaking. Imagine community events on discord. It would be cancer.
I doubt the impact of having a teamspeak server is even significant anyways?
The permissions on TS are so much easier for things such as community meetings.
-support
(Aug 23, 2018, 10:35 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]-support

Put it down to like 56 slots. You still save money then. Teamspeak is so much better for speaking. Imagine community events on discord. It would be cancer.

On discord you could have a role that called event member [or something] it allows you to join the event rooms ect
(Aug 23, 2018, 10:49 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]The permissions on TS are so much easier for things such as community meetings.

When LL is having a meeting all you need to have is a channel that has speak permission as the red X.
(Aug 23, 2018, 10:52 PM)Gamerpro2266 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 23, 2018, 10:49 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]The permissions on TS are so much easier for things such as community meetings.

When LL is having a meeting all you need to have is a channel that has speak permission as the red X.

Uhhhhh no because you have the designated speaker and then you can request in the chat to add input/speak, using discord would be a lot more clunky
(Aug 23, 2018, 10:07 PM)Gamerpro2266 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 23, 2018, 10:02 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]-Support

Any Reason?

Useful tool for example a realistic dispatch. I have no doubts TS will be the main communication for a whitelisted police force (as it is for almost all whitelisted servers, Arma, Gmod etc.)
Also, all the servers are run on the same dedi so afaik it costs nothing extra to keep the TS up and running, other than potential licenses
There are some administrative perks on using Teamspeak because if there wasn't we'd be using discord all the time...

I think using discord would be easier, but that's because I use discord more than Teamspeak since it was released.

Neutral!
-support

The only reason there's only one person (probably a bot, by the way) on TeamSpeak currently is because most of the members have updated their TeamSpeak recently and cannot connect to the TeamSpeak server anymore because it's outdated. If the security team will update the TeamSpeak server, people, including myself, will start using it again.

I cannot use Discord as it's not allowing me to voice chat on it. I've tried everything I can (I know how to set things up) to have my voice chat work, but it's just not working. Discord recognizes my headset, it recognizes when I speak, but it just doesn't relay my voice to whoever is in the channel. Because of that, I will continue to use TeamSpeak as soon as the server will be fixed.
-Support , teamspeak is life.

Discord sucks Smile
Pages: 1 2