Limelight Forums

Full Version: Voice chat colorless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Make voicechat colorless

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: too many metagamers paying attention on color of the voicechat rather than the acctual message + we also have uncolored chat text
+support and maybe change label colours when you look at someone
Makes no sense when the HUD still displays the color when looking at a player.
(Jul 29, 2018, 04:49 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Makes no sense when the HUD still displays the color when looking at a player.

Ye I agree with that but the making the voice chat colourless could help burglary’s raids etc or just disable the voice communication gui

So I +Support
Good start to removing job colors tbh 

+Support
+support
+Support

Its a start
+support but i think that it would be even better if u where to remove and HUD text when u look at player maybe just show the ID number? but in white unless u do /showid or something then it shows for like 30 seconds?
(Jul 29, 2018, 08:35 PM)Mohammad Albingy Wrote: [ -> ]+support but i think that it would be even better if u where to remove and HUD text when u look at player maybe just show the ID number? but in white unless u do /showid or something then it shows for like 30 seconds?

no.. at that point thats the litteral roof or metagamin, im talking about you.. beeing in your base and then you see blue voicechat popups and instantly know that police are around so you hide
Colour*

+support
-Support
Something that doesn't need to be done and the time spent could be used elsewhere. Text has colour as on most games, don't see the issue.
(Jul 29, 2018, 11:40 PM)Vadar Wrote: [ -> ]-Support
Something that doesn't need to be done and the time spent could be used elsewhere. Text has colour as on most games, don't see the issue.

This argument is flawed. You shouldn’t be -Supporting a suggestion because “the time could be used elsewhere” especially when the development team CHOOSE when it gets done. They could put it at the bottom of the list of their priorities if they so desired.
(Jul 30, 2018, 01:40 AM)Mr.Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]

This argument is flawed. You shouldn’t be -Supporting a suggestion because “the time could be used elsewhere” especially when the development team CHOOSE when it gets done. They could put it at the bottom of the list of their priorities if they so desired.

"Text has colour as on most games, don't see the issue."
^ Reasoning for the -Support

The time that it will take to "un-colour" everything is not worth it.

I dont know why you are cherrypicking every response I put to a suggestion. I voted -Support and thats my reasoning.
(Jul 30, 2018, 03:10 PM)Vadar Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 30, 2018, 01:40 AM)Mr.Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]

"Text has colour as on most games, don't see the issue."
^ Reasoning for the -Support

The time that it will take to "un-colour" everything is not worth it.

I dont know why you are cherrypicking every response I put to a suggestion. I voted -Support and thats my reasoning.

maybe because you still dont get the point of view, if you see someone with a government voicechat color you're pretty much about to hide in your base or something (if you are doing contras), but if you hear someone in text chat, you have no clue who could it be, it makes insability between using voice and chat thus putting one party into a significant disadvantage.

You could still see the name in the voice chat and just read tab for a second though.
Pages: 1 2