Limelight Forums

Full Version: Pres/Police Timer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Description: Make it so if you get demoted as police or killed as Pres/VP, you have to wait way longer to rejoin. Also make demoted police have to wait longer to be another PD job like Chief or SWAT.

Why: So today I killed the president after he basically made Rockford a white power hub, then 6 minutes later he goes back to pres and does the exact same thing. Wtf am I supposed to do? Restart a whole new Jamaican immigrant RP and re do the whole entire protest, phone booths etc... just after I killed him. No. There has to be a  longer wait time to allow someone else to be president, say 20 minutes or so for a job like President. Maybe less for Police. In a lot of situations, I'll demote a corrupt policeman then he'll come back 10 seconds afterwords as the fucking Chief. It's honestly gotten to a point where it ruins the whole excitement of demoting someone, and the deep consequences that should follow have gone. They just join right back and continue the RP they were doing first and then I have to re do a whole corruption investigation with  interviews etc.. 

These are my main points:
> Make President timer a lot longer after you've been KILLED. (Not left the job).
> Make police demotion timer longer + make other PD jobs restricted to the demoted person until timer is up.
I dunno why this isn't already in the server..? There isn't a point in demoting someone if they can join the job shortly after.

+Support
+Support
It comes under powergaming and FailRP for one to change to a different role in the same department, for example, Bob was demoted from Police Officer but then the Chief times out, Bob then becomes the chief before his timer is expired meaning he is breaking the rules.
(Jun 26, 2018, 12:39 AM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]It comes under powergaming and FailRP for one to change to a different role in the same department, for example, Bob was demoted from Police Officer but then the Chief times out, Bob then becomes the chief before his timer is expired meaning he is breaking the rules.

but they wont get punished, basically putting in a barrier to stop them breaking a rule won't effect normal players who aren't gonna do that in the first place
+Support

Easy solution to something some don’t know is against the rules.
+support include SSA as well if demoted as police and vice versa
(Jun 26, 2018, 05:01 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]+support include SSA as well if demoted as police and vice versa

kinda like if pres gets killed he cant become VP or SSA, and if Police gets demoted they cant become PD or SWAT but can be SSA and Pres. like 2 different groups.
+support

Very frustrating having someone who thinks he can do whatever he wants to join the PD, get demoted and then join (Vice-)President and demote you over said demotion, or join a sort-like job solely to circumvent it. It shouldn't be allowed.
How long are we talking? 30mins? An hour? +support
(Jun 26, 2018, 10:40 PM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]How long are we talking? 30mins? An hour? +support

20-30 mins for pres, 15-20 for police
(Jun 26, 2018, 12:39 AM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]It comes under powergaming and FailRP for one to change to a different role in the same department, for example, Bob was demoted from Police Officer but then the Chief times out, Bob then becomes the chief before his timer is expired meaning he is breaking the rules.

I’ve never seen anyone punished for this, and this is the sort of thing that could be allowed ICly, example:

*Wesley is demoted invalidly*
“Mr. President, your Chief is useless blah blah”
“Due to your hard work before your invalid demotion I will be selecting you as the new chief”

Obviously the realism of the leader/mayor/president/whatever selecting the police chief will never happen on Limelight theorectically this could happen.

But if you’re talking about valid arrests yeah it should be considered powergaming
(Jun 27, 2018, 03:44 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]

I’ve never seen anyone punished for this, and this is the sort of thing that could be allowed ICly, example:

“Due to your hard work before your invalid demotion I will be selecting you as the new chief”

Obviously the realism of the leader/mayor/president/whatever selecting the police chief will never happen on Limelight theorectically this could happen.

But if you’re talking about valid arrests yeah it should be considered powergaming

im sure staff would be more than happy to bring police back onto the job after being demoted invalidly
(Jun 27, 2018, 03:58 PM)Ricky LaFleur Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 27, 2018, 03:44 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]

im sure staff would be more than happy to bring police back onto the job after being demoted invalidly

It’s an IC issue that needs to be dealt with ICly, note randomly and invalidly are not the same
(Jun 27, 2018, 04:38 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 27, 2018, 03:58 PM)Ricky LaFleur Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 27, 2018, 03:44 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve never seen anyone punished for this, and this is the sort of thing that could be allowed ICly, example:

It’s an IC issue that needs to be dealt with ICly, note randomly and invalidly are not the same

It's hardly an IC issue. If someone loses their job in real life, they don't go back to the same company at a different role.. so why should it be the same here? Regardless of if it's allowed or not.
Pages: 1 2