Limelight Forums

Full Version: Contraband Sound Distance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail:
Massively Reduce the distance that contraband can be heard

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:
The range at which printers and drug labs can be heard is ridiculously excessive and officers are able to hear a printer inside your home from a mile away, which results in your home being raided. With the already on-going discussions in the forums regarding police vs criminal balance, I believe this would help alleviate some of the worries on basing and doing contraband in your base.
Currently the distance to hear it is around 15-16 meters.

It used to be around 4-5, why its been increased i dont really know, but here are some examples of just how bad it is:

If you wanted contra at the mesa, heres the range of being heard
[Image: E24B73D0901535E8400241D7F36659294FD534E8]

Good luck trying to hide it in the slummy appartments:
[Image: 062A86293E69AFD7749127613DF659148337A894]

Underground in one of the basement suites in the townhouses? Nope
[Image: DE4B18598D9773700C75C47026289094735517E3]

To hide your contraband and prevent it from ever being heard you would need to hide it at least this high up:
[Image: 33549E540F54AC3BC9B50BB95B1B6E82672B8C2D]

But that is only if you wanted to make a pure contra hideing tower but thats ONLY for that purpose, if you truely wanted to hide it and actualy be able to RP without being shot down and blown up, you need to build somthing like this but even then, even though it could be placed that high up, it can STILL be heard from upwards of 5 floors down.

[Image: A257668D61FDB48B175DDBFDFC4977E8ED68EF5A]

5 Floors down from that very top floor, if you place it anylower it could be heard from ground level
[Image: 8E9BC4483B0957074EA5C4B0803D9AA3BC075C46]

Overall +Support

The distance it can be heard at is absolutely insane, and thats not even UV lights where they can be heard upwards to 40 meters away
+support
+support

Would be nice to neatly trim down the distance, but not much more than 5 meters.
(May 12, 2018, 05:17 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-

Shameless self advertising, nice
Massive +Support

The number of times that I've gotten raided because of someone reporting "suspicious activity" because they heard printers, drug labs and UV lights is ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise me if it was just the officers who fake reported it just for an excuse to raid. I've even had to go so far as to placing a note outside my base saying "sorry my fridge is broken and making a lot of noise" when I have UV lights to try and rp it to stop them from raiding, yet even that doesn't seem to stop them from raiding.
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]pree the exact same comment I made on the other suggestion[/font]
+Support
massive +support
+Support
-Support

I contrawhore in the corner of Slums BD has shown and I never have an issue with anyone hearing it unless they’re at my door.
+Support

Range should be reduced.
My original suggestion I think was trying to be a little too ambitious - to make the server like how another server has theirs (won't name the name, but anyone who knows the name, knows the name). This however is a much better suggestion than the one I created - even though Faustin quite shamelessly CTRL+C and CTRL+V'd some of my text but who cares about that. Anyway, yeah, instead of making it literally impossible to be raided for contraband, it should definitely be decreased to what Blackdog said. If someone is stupid enough to place their contraband right next to a wall which is parallel to a road or whatever, then let them be raided. Reward the people who actively hide their contraband and don't make it obvious, further adding realism to the trade as it should be hidden and discreet anyway.

TLDR - suggest good, nice steal from my suggest, my suggest bad, +support
+yes.
+Support
(May 12, 2018, 09:50 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]My original suggestion I think was trying to be a little too ambitious - to make the server like how another server has theirs (won't name the name, but anyone who knows the name, knows the name). This however is a much better suggestion than the one I created - even though Faustin quite shamelessly CTRL+C and CTRL+V'd some of my text but who cares about that. Anyway, yeah, instead of making it literally impossible to be raided for contraband, it should definitely be decreased to what Blackdog said. If someone is stupid enough to place their contraband right next to a wall which is parallel to a road or whatever, then let them be raided. Reward the people who actively hide their contraband and don't make it obvious, further adding realism to the trade as it should be hidden and discreet anyway.

TLDR - suggest good, nice steal from my suggest, my suggest bad, +support

Basically pretended this was a history essay and plagiarised it all
Pages: 1 2