Limelight Forums

Full Version: Contraband Sound Distance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
+support
+support
-support Been doing contra all day, people drive by and said nothing. maybe dont do it in public areas.
The map itself is 95% public areas of any use, and it is simply not a case of "Build it away from people"

I myself know every single location I would need to stand for 60 seconds to locate anyones contraband on the map should I so desire, in 30 minutes I can have a map of every location that has it, and have the police begin hitting them each one by one until the server is clear.

The range is just to long, back in the day we used to have to spy on people, bring in informants, bribe people, or just break in to gather evidence, as well as in some cases be able to detect it via sound.

Now it is stupidly easy for me to find it.
(May 15, 2018, 05:45 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]The map itself is 95% public areas of any use, and it is simply not a case of "Build it away from people"

I myself know every single location I would need to stand for 60 seconds to locate anyones contraband on the map should I so desire, in 30 minutes I can have a map of every location that has it, and have the police begin hitting them each one by one until the server is clear.

The range is just to long, back in the day we used to have to spy on people, bring in informants, bribe people, or just break in to gather evidence, as well as in some cases be able to detect it via sound.

Kinda sad if you ask me.
(May 15, 2018, 05:49 PM)B.. Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 15, 2018, 05:45 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]The map itself is 95% public areas of any use, and it is simply not a case of "Build it away from people"

Kinda sad if you ask me.

Do you mean sad like upsetting or sad like "get a life" sad? Because Blackdog has given some pretty valuable information that obviously took some time to gather. He's contributing to the suggestion and for you to make a completely unnecessary and snarky comment like that is quite disrespectful. 

OT: I agree with Blackdog here, the whole thing about spying on people and bringing in informants seems so much more RP-based than just standing next to a house for 60 seconds with your volume maxed and hearing it with no problem. We're City RP, not cops and robbers. These things should be encouraged if anything - these things being the spies, informants, bribes, etc. It would allow for more dedicated detective RP, giving the Chief of Police to a chance to dedicate a detective to finding out whether a building has contraband in it or not. This is just one example of the many RP opportunities it can give, without removing the sound entirely like I originally, and quite stupidly, suggested earlier this month.

Right now it's just a cycle of criminals placing contraband, cops hearing it, raiding, and then leaving the scene. That is quite literally the blunt truth of how 60%+ of the "RP" happens on the server nowadays. If we're gonna have contraband, it should serve some kind of RP reason and should open up more possibility for RP, as everything on the server should. Right now, it's just a quick, sometimes frowned upon way of making money on the server which just encourages people to sit in their homes, semi-AFK whilst watching YouTube/Netflix or whatever else you do whilst waiting for your contraband money. Bottom line is, it encourages people to sit idly and do nothing until they get raided - unless of course they were doing something other than contraband at the same time as doing contraband, which I know a few people do, but the majority do not.
(May 15, 2018, 06:23 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 15, 2018, 05:49 PM)B.. Wrote: [ -> ]

Kinda sad if you ask me.

Do you mean sad like upsetting or sad like "get a life" sad? Because Blackdog has given some pretty valuable information that obviously took some time to gather. He's contributing to the suggestion and for you to make a completely unnecessary and snarky comment like that is quite disrespectful. 

OT: I agree with Blackdog here, the whole thing about spying on people and bringing in informants seems so much more RP-based than just standing next to a house for 60 seconds with your volume maxed and hearing it with no problem. We're City RP, not cops and robbers. These things should be encouraged if anything - these things being the spies, informants, bribes, etc. It would allow for more dedicated detective RP, giving the Chief of Police to a chance to dedicate a detective to finding out whether a building has contraband in it or not. This is just one example of the many RP opportunities it can give, without removing the sound entirely like I originally, and quite stupidly, suggested earlier this month.

Right now it's just a cycle of criminals placing contraband, cops hearing it, raiding, and then leaving the scene. That is quite literally the blunt truth of how 60%+ of the "RP" happens on the server nowadays. If we're gonna have contraband, it should serve some kind of RP reason and should open up more possibility for RP, as everything on the server should. Right now, it's just a quick, sometimes frowned upon way of making money on the server which just encourages people to sit in their homes, semi-AFK whilst watching YouTube/Netflix or whatever else you do whilst waiting for your contraband money. Bottom line is, it encourages people to sit idly and do nothing until they get raided - unless of course they were doing something other than contraband at the same time as doing contraband, which I know a few people do, but the majority do not.

Sad as in, you have that much free time and you choose to spend it doing that, kinda sad.
-Support for the suggestion as is but I think it should be based on how much money the printer is printing per cycle, for example, if you go full speed it should sound like now. If you go 50% the distance it can be heard should also be lowered to 50%, so the lower you go, the lesser the chance of getting caught.
+Sprt
(May 15, 2018, 06:59 PM)B.. Wrote: [ -> ]Snip

Hello Brin,

Please review the forum rules regarding interactions, as you are in violation of interaction rule 1 and posting rules 3 and 4 with your conduct towards Blackdog. Continuing to do so will result in further forum warnings and potential suspension from the Limelight Forums.

Thank you, and have a pleasant day.
(May 15, 2018, 06:59 PM)B.. Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 15, 2018, 06:23 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 15, 2018, 05:49 PM)B.. Wrote: [ -> ]Kinda sad if you ask me.

Sad as in, you have that much free time and you choose to spend it doing that, kinda sad.

And the same could be said for you, you have so much free time yet spending it trying to get a reaction out of people, but let's keep it at that and not derail this thread.

OT: BlackDog's examples just prove how it easy it is to find contraband tbh, likes its just a big printer, you can hear your printer doing shit from outside your house can you?
Pushing for Staff Review.

#type:[review]
Approved.
Done in Revision 7691.

It's a bit weird, it was already down to 50db, so shouldn't be that big. Bumped volume to 0.75 and attenuation to 45db.
Pages: 1 2