Limelight Forums

Full Version: Do you like Rockford?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hello All,

So the reason behind this post is to find out if users actally enjoy the map Rockford, I perosnally like the map however 
I find it to be a map that is way to big for the amount of players the server currently gets. 

I enjoyed playing v41b/v33x a lot more back in the day then Rockford just becuase it was smaller, so everyone didn't 
feel distant, also the main street buildings in my opinion was much better. However back in the day my personal favirite map was v2d, yet the map is heavily outdated and doesn't have as much RP Potential.
I don't like Rockford.  Its not too big, but about half the map is worthless for building.  The fact that there is a rule for getting off the map speaks for itself, the map needs work.  I've suggested working on revisions to the map, but the end up shot down for one reason or another.  It wouldn't be hard to accomplish, but the counterpoints range from "Rockford Rules" to "A custom map makes it harder for new people to join," which I don't completely understand due to being able to host said map on steam workshop makes it possible to receive the map.

Though there are a lot of empty buildings, it would be the same on nearly any map when below a full capacity.  There is no way to balance that with the content and the playercounts.  If map is too small, cars and other like objects become more of a chore and not worth it due to short walking distances.  If the map is too large, finding players becomes a chore.

We rest averagely with a low enough count to fit on a downtown map and be just fine, but base downtowns generally suck and don't really support cars as there is usually no parking and tight road areas making CDM more likely with less conditions to meet.

Evocity is something most of us are sick of because we've been on it for too long, but other options are few and far between.
I'm definitely not a big fan of Rockford. At the time of the switch, I was one of the few people who felt that it would be a bad move for Limelight, as I've experienced other servers moving from v4b1/v33x to Rockford with terrible results. I actually voted for v5p, because I was resigned to the fact that a map change was going to happen anyway, and it would have at least offered a similar layout to v4b1/v33x.

Rockford is simply too large and spread out, with limited buildings. You could compare buildings in Rockford as being like purchasing a pre-built desktop PC rather than building it yourself from parts you purchased individually. There are not many obvious places for passive RPs where you'll actually get noticed, and the layout encourages criminals to base somewhere in the middle of nowhere, isolating themselves from the rest of the server.
tbh, i miss the little village
I really miss V4B1/V33x. It offered so much more roleplay pontential and you could meet players anywhere. The map layout were also great and there were a lot of places for building. It was a my favorite map and I really wish Limelight could switch back.
Evocity_v5p
(May 1, 2018, 12:59 PM)Vatipää Wrote: [ -> ]Evocity_v5p

^^

Right there.
v5p is horrible, for once iirc the road layout isn't a complete circuit, practically bringing an end to all fun car chases. Sure the passiveRP opportunities are amazing but I really don't think it's attractive either.

Personally I think we need something completely new, or a custom version of Rockford with a lot more building space

Evocity2_v5p
Evocity 2_v5p
Evocity 2_v5p
Rockford? More like cockford amirite

but nah Evocity2_v5p
I still think map cycles would be good. Perhaps could even be a vote on the server to choose which one once every x hours/days.

Would be a lot more refreshing. Each map offers different RP potential etc. I know for one i'd play more.
pine city
I like the map, but a new map would be nice. v5p would be the next one IMO. Open, lots of outskirts, fun locations.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7