Limelight Forums

Full Version: Too much armed gearheads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It has come to my attention that the amount of heavily armed players with unrealistic, SWAT grade weaponry and equipment is rising. We NEED to combat this ASAP. If we continue to let it rise, the server is goin to turn into AnarchyRP and no one is going to enjoy playing. People need to stop adding new guns and armoured characters and RP more normally or the gamemode won't function as intended.

EDIT: After reading some responses, the inability to commit and succeed doing petty crime seems to be the root of the problem. If we make heavy weaponry more scarce, Police officers should only have Glocks (like IRL) and Kevlar harder to come by, we could sort out a lot of problems there. Making handguns more powerful is also a valid option.
I was gonna write some long, kinda ass-licking response. 
But then I accidentally pressed backspace so I'm just gonna respond with this:

Check the changelogs for the past month and see the little amount of aggressive stuff added and the mass of passive stuff added.
Eventually after people get used to the new items more passive rp will come out of it and aggressive rp with decrease.
Adding the old SRU Models I think is kick starting it. I see no reason for that to be on the market as it just militarizes the common player even more.

And tbh we will always be more aggressive than passive sadly, but we shouldn't be condoning it like we are now. As of now, it is completely ok to create a base with huge walls and nothing inside with contraband, with the job as "Thug" and to sit on your catwalk and rooftop with guns until the police arrive, raid you, kill each other, and repeat the process. I don't know how this is a RP server when we don't even enforce rules that create these idiotic situations of Cops vs Robber.
The only way players will become less armed is if the police become less armed. SWAT isn't even necessary anymore, every cop runs around with an AR or a shotgun and you can't interact with a cop without it being pointed at you. If you're a criminal, you can't use a handgun, you can't go without kevlar, because you are going to have ~8 people with ARs, Shotguns, and Kevlar surrounding you to gun your ass down for mugging Lil Jimmy with your glock in the slums and you're not going to stand a chance.
When i'm President,  I have fairly strict gun laws, and that helps. It does become and has, as many of you know, Anarchy. Normally at that point when i'm President I lockdown the city and write emergency powers to counteract it. It's fairly rare and anarchy hasn't happened in a while.

It can be silly sometimes, and unrealistic. We will never balance it, not with major help from senior limelight admins. I do believe that this is much better that FL:RP, where the citizens control and walk over the President. In limelight, that does not and I'm glad that I can be a functioning President.

Maybe what Quest said might work but I don't know if I can see it.
(Apr 16, 2018, 06:16 PM)Memeimrich Wrote: [ -> ]The only way players will become less armed is if the police become less armed. SWAT isn't even necessary anymore, every cop runs around with an AR or a shotgun and you can't interact with a cop without it being pointed at you. If you're a criminal, you can't use a handgun, you can't go without kevlar, because you are going to have ~8 people with ARs, Shotguns, and Kevlar surrounding you to gun your ass down for mugging Lil Jimmy with your glock in the slums and you're not going to stand a chance.

I feel this is also due to a failure of training.

If police were better trained in what to do, we wouldn’t see these many issues with over response or unprofessional attitudes.

However the other end is that most shooters are armed with an automatic weapon. I can see why you’d want to lessen the arms of the PD so SWAT is useful again, but that can only be done until we lessen the arms of everyone else and make long arms a more rare occurrence. That or make pistols useful, including the Glock 17. Until that happens, police need to carry these weapons and the first step should be training PD, them lessening arms in citizen hands, lstly lessen arms of officers and make pistols a more deadly weapon.

Personally, a simple temp solution is to combine Gun Dealers and BMD’s into one job called the “General Dealer”. Long arms are shot up in price by 100%, while SMG’s and Pistols stay at regular price. Ammunition will all be brought up in price by 150%. From there, we then add the Cadet Job training suggestion I had approved to lead towards a professional trained PD. Once we let the long arms circulate, they are removed from the server at an unspecified date and an IC reason is given for their abscense on the market. Then we have a limited amount of long arms in circulation and only give them to SWAT not regular officers. They can be brought back at random dates, but only temporarily. So, when you lose a weapon, it becomes an extreme loss due to their limited amount.
(Apr 16, 2018, 06:22 PM)Jeff Ford Wrote: [ -> ]When i'm President,  I have fairly strict gun laws, and that helps. -snip-

Strict gun laws do not help in real life or in Limelight, pallio. Whenever I'm president I throw out some very lax gun laws similar to the non-commie U.S. states and everyone is too busy jerking off to their guns to shoot people. It causes more community activity and the only ones affected are the power hungry cops that think all guns should be illegal and get upsetti they can't arrest everyone for it. Also, the strict gun laws just encourage more shootouts on LL because criminals have a reason to run from the cops. If they're gonna get arrested for 15 minutes just for possession, they might as well try their luck at gunning down the cops and getting away with it.
(Apr 16, 2018, 06:24 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 16, 2018, 06:16 PM)Memeimrich Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-

-snip- and make pistols a more deadly weapon.
Tbh, handguns are pretty decent on here if you have good ping. It's also very reasonable that a longarm is better, it's just that every cop uses them and you've got eight rifles on a man that used a handgun. Petty crime is just hard to do now.
(Apr 16, 2018, 06:32 PM)Memeimrich Wrote: [ -> ]

-snip- and make pistols a more deadly weapon.
Tbh, handguns are pretty decent on here if you have good ping. It's also very reasonable that a longarm is better, it's just that every cop uses them and you've got eight rifles on a man that used a handgun. Petty crime is just hard to do now.

Tbh there is no reason TO do petty crime. Who would want to rob a guy for what is the equivalent of $4, take someone’s contraband for one round of funds, and waste all their gear at the same time?

-snip-

Personally, a simple temp solution is to combine Gun Dealers and BMD’s into one job called the “General Dealer”. Long arms are shot up in price by 100%, while SMG’s and Pistols stay at regular price. Ammunition will all be brought up in price by 150%. From there, we then add the Cadet Job training suggestion I had approved to lead towards a professional trained PD. Once we let the long arms circulate, they are removed from the server at an unspecified date and an IC reason is given for their abscense on the market. Then we have a limited amount of long arms in circulation and only give them to SWAT not regular officers. They can be brought back at random dates, but only temporarily. So, when you lose a weapon, it becomes an extreme loss due to their limited amount.
That sounds completely stupid... I would like to see semi-auto only longarms though.
(Apr 16, 2018, 06:33 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 16, 2018, 06:32 PM)Memeimrich Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 16, 2018, 06:24 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-
-snip-

Tbh there is no reason TO do petty crime. Who would want to rob a guy for what is the equivalent of $4, take someone’s contraband for one round of funds, and waste all their gear at the same time?
I think it's fun to have some minor criminal element in the server to balance out the huge gunfights and raids. It adds a little bit more interaction too. Maybe the mugging limit should be raised a tad as well.
(Apr 16, 2018, 06:37 PM)Memeimrich Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 16, 2018, 06:33 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 16, 2018, 06:32 PM)Memeimrich Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-

I think it's fun to have some minor criminal element in the server to balance out the huge gunfights and raids. It adds a little bit more interaction too. Maybe the mugging limit should be raised a tad as well.

It is definitely nice to see when it goes to the next level like y’alls Mesa Apartment RP. That was always an interesting callout. Along with raising fines and robbing limits, we should also be looking for more incentives to rob people or commit to lower level criminal activity.
I don't think of it much as a problem.
People should be able to RP however they please. It just isn't fun (for most people) to RP as a standard law obiding Citizen.

Also there seems to be a tendency for people to associate AggressiveRP as somehow mingy or undesirable. Why is this? There seems to be alot of PassiveRP encouragement incontrary of AggressiveRP.
(Apr 16, 2018, 10:26 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think of it much as a problem.
People should be able to RP however they please. It just isn't fun (for most people) to RP as a standard law obiding Citizen.

Also there seems to be a tendency for people to associate AggressiveRP as somehow mingy or undesirable. Why is this? There seems to be alot of PassiveRP encouragement incontrary of AggressiveRP.

AggressiveRP is not the problem, I am actually encouraging aggressiverp as its more fun but when you get rolled up on by 2 guys in suits with M4's and Kevlar in a McLaren its just unrealistic and only fun for the people kidnapping or whatever, not for the recipent and ruins the rp.
I mean, the victim isn’t really supposed to have fun. They’re being kidnapped.
Pages: 1 2 3