Limelight Forums

Full Version: 11.5 Rule Tweak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail:
Remove the Secret Service REQUIRING to follow the President's Orders as Secret Service.

Current Rule
Quote:11.5 - Secret Service Agents guard the president and follow his orders. They must not patrol or attend raids unless the president’s life is in danger. If the president/vice president both leave the game or change jobs, the secret service agents must return to and guard the Town Hall.

Changed Rule
Quote:11.5 - Secret Service Agents guard the president. They must not patrol or attend raids unless the president’s life is in danger. If the president/vice president both leave the game or change jobs, the secret service agents must return to and guard the Town Hall.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:
With the current scenarios that have been having with the Presidency of Rockford, Secret Service are a large part of investigations of corruption leading to the President. Secret Service are not allowed to handcuff the President for any VAILD reasoning due to this rule as Handcuffing the President would be a breach of Rule 11.5.

Sure, I understand this is to prevent full on assaults from the Police and SWAT then having a backup squad from Secret Service if they agree with the SWAT and Police but I very much doubt the Secret Service would do much against a full assault from the Police and SWAT Departments, especally if they disguise themselves doing such.

In addition to this, why should Secret Service not have permission to do their own minds and thoughts? If just makes people leave the Secret Service Slot if Corruption is available and just makes the job unappealing if they are unable to follow their own mind. Of course, I do not mean to say they do not follow orders under the President, but it should not be a rule that is enforced on the server. If the president is corrupt, the secret service should be able to do something about it along with the Police and SWAT Departments.
The role is his security, not his pet. Agents are free to think for themselves and should be able to disobey orders. As long as they stick with his job and defend him. They shouldn't be trying to execute him.

+Support
When I am the vice president, I have always intended to impeach the President, but I do fail. I believe that if a president is corrupt, they (Secret Service), along with the Vice President (If he too is not corrupt) and the Police and SWAT may cause a Coup d'etat and get a better president. I also as a politician in Rockford, have also seen an increasing amount of incompetent & immature people taking office of the president and it really is just getting annoying. I do believe this rule needs changing.

+support

PS - Was this because that President Kim was corrupt and we wanted him out like a day ago.
-Support

Secret Service should follow the Presidential orders - don't see this as an important change and personally I'm against Law Enforcement / SWAT involving themselves with politics and helping to push a President that isn't favorable out of office
+Support,

If anything it should be the other way around.
(Mar 19, 2018, 11:24 PM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]-Support

Secret Service should follow the Presidential orders - don't see this as an important change and personally I'm against Law Enforcement / SWAT involving themselves with politics and helping to push a President that isn't favorable out of office
Coup d'etat? Rockford is based in America, not Zimbabwe.

-Support
(Mar 20, 2018, 12:46 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Coup d'etat? Rockford is based in America, not Zimbabwe.

-Support
Coup d'etat can happen everywhere. Not just Zimbabwe. If thee police want to overthrow the president then they can, while they'e not military, it is the same sort of thing.
Secret Service is THE branch that makes sure presidential company is being kept safe. To do so, they have to follow (strict) procedures and shouldn't rely on a ''pls cover my butt'' coming from the president.

While the president should be allowed to give their input; the agents within the Secret Service should have the last word on what's best for their safety.

+support
I mean, I guess they shouldn't have to follow their every order. Though you seem to have gone a little too far towards the end there with the whole "If the president is corrupt, the secret service should be able to do something about it along with the Police and SWAT Departments" bit. The rule as it stands is a fairly efficient way of ensuring that the Secret Service does not raid the president. Which they absolutely under no circumstances should ever do because it (alongside the police raiding the president) is honestly one of the most ridiculous things imaginable and might as well be the actual definition of FailRP. Good luck applying to the USSS with treasonous thoughts like that, it'd be like enlisting in the Army and telling your sergeant that if the enemy seems appealing enough you might just defect. 

Now this suggestion is pointless and -support and yadda yadda, the REAL suggestion here should be to allow the Secret Service to participate in raids involving contraband seeing as that's essentially their primary focus (totally more important than the whole protection racket they've got going on imo) and the reason the agency was founded to begin with.
(Mar 20, 2018, 01:16 AM)Jeff Ford Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 20, 2018, 12:46 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Coup d'etat? Rockford is based in America, not Zimbabwe.

-Support
Coup d'etat can happen everywhere. Not just Zimbabwe. If thee police want to overthrow the president then they can, while they'e not military, it is the same sort of thing.

Come back to me when Montgomery PD overthrow Trump.

Dictatorship RPs last a matter of seconds before the entire PD moves in on the president. I don't remember General Franco being arrested by Madrid police.

Coups are scarce in the West and even then you won't see one carried out by city or even state police.
(Mar 20, 2018, 09:57 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]

-Support

Dictatorship RPs last a matter of seconds before the entire PD moves in on the president. I don't remember General Franco being arrested by Madrid police.

Coups are scarce in the West and even then you won't see one carried out by city or even state police.

See, the reason so many Dictator RPs fail so quickly is that they aren't done right. I have successfully been a dictator for many hours (during populated hours). The Dictator needs to ease everyone into it, and in the process ensure that his forces are loyal. If you take Office, then immediately go full on Dictator (which is what happens 99% of the time), you're going to get shot, and your body is going to get thrown off the cliff into the ocean.

I feel that by keeping this rule as is it further encourages sloppy Presidential RP. Agents need the ability to say no to a President's orders without getting in trouble for violating a key rule.

+Support
+Support
(Mar 20, 2018, 09:57 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]

-Support

Here's the thing. That's because they supported him be it monetarily or just they legit trust him. The way most Dictators do is by just being a general dick. They never really think about the support of the PD and the people. They just put "Cars are illegal lol and cops can't have guns." Of course that will piss people off, especially those effected. If you want their support, you need to keep them happy.
I think the thing is here is what is best for the President's safety, and the purpose of the rule in this case.

The purpose of the rule was (as I understand it) was to prevent a stand-off between their guards and themselves.
However, I feel that the rule should be adjusted, as the purpose of the Secret Service role is to protect the President.

For example, in the case of the PD raid issue, it would be better for the President's safety to stand down and/or detain the President themselves, to prevent him being caught in any crossfire.

+support, sometimes the President's orders aren't the best for his safety or security.
Pages: 1 2