Limelight Forums

Full Version: Police Temporary Chain of Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Have the Police Sgt in charge of ALL the PD (Including SWAT). This involves job title access, demoting, and promoting.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: From our simple CoC, the Police Sgt is kind of head of the whole PD, so SWAT should fall under them. Hopefully this will stop any weird job titles like Marion County working with SAS and Metro working with Military Police.

The SWAT Sgt. would still have his powers, but he would now officially GM wise, be under the Police Sgt.'s command.
+Support
-support

*OMG SWAT LISTNE 2 ME IN RAID, Y U NO USE MY TACTIC THAT IS KNOCKING AND DYING !!<QUICKREFERENCES#111>!! I demote u!*
(Jan 23, 2018, 10:33 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]-support

*OMG SWAT LISTNE 2 ME IN RAID, Y U NO USE MY TACTIC THAT IS KNOCKING AND DYING !!<QUICKREFERENCES#111>!! I demote u!*

How do you think they operate now? At least with this they will actually respond to only when they're needed and won't act disorganized as they usually are.
Considering the SWAT are a police unit IRL then I don't see why the Chief of the police shouldn't have control over them ingame.

+sup
(Jan 23, 2018, 10:33 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]-support

Opinion invalid - Still thinks a dead meme is funny.

OT: +Support.
-support
If Police Sgt was a membership role then I would +support
My reasoning behind this is that SWAT Sgt is a membership role.
(Jan 23, 2018, 11:31 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]-support

How does that effect the CoC?
(Jan 23, 2018, 11:32 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]

Well if the Police Sgt was in control of both SWAT and Police, I'd expect for it to be a membership role because the SWAT Sgt was originally in control of the SWAT team, which is a membership role.
(Jan 23, 2018, 11:36 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 23, 2018, 11:32 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]

Well if the Police Sgt was in control of both SWAT and Police, I'd expect for it to be a membership role because the SWAT Sgt was originally in control of the SWAT team, which is a membership role.

He still is. It's just that now the person in charge of the whole PD, has control of the WHOLE PD, including SWAT. SWAT Sgt. will still have control of his units, but he can be demoted by the Police Sgt. now.
-support

Too realistic for Limelight, which is also why i'm skeptical of a whitelisted PD. It makes sense the way it is now, saying that it is in a video game.
+support.

Currently, the SWAT run around on their own, doing whatever. I've seen the MC:SO rock up, only to have the SAS or the Septsnaz turn out moments later.

I've seen SWAT rolling up a "one man armed with a knife" situation, even though officers told them that they weren't required.

By giving the Police Chief authority over the SWAT Sgt, this would help resolve those situations.

(Jan 24, 2018, 12:39 AM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]Too realistic for Limelight.

What's too realistic for you?
+Support
+Support ONLY if serg is whitelisted first
not membership, that's fucking stupid, but whitelisted
(Jan 24, 2018, 01:26 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 24, 2018, 12:39 AM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]Too realistic for Limelight.

What's too realistic for you?

Having the police sergeant be in charge of all the agencies, imo, becomes too much of a hassle for one person in LimeLight. There is not a proper system in place for that, and I have already stated in other threads that I don't think there should be an advanced system for the government because Limelight is a semi-serious server. I would say the system of the government works fine for what Limelight is. Each department has a leader and there is also the main leader, the president. Now if you were to change the Police Sergeant to control the SWAT department, it would need to be part of a bigger and new system. Might as well make the server a PoliceRP or GovernmentRP.
Pages: 1 2 3