Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR Evidence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

Okay, so why don't admins check the logs or use the screen capture system that the server has for player reports that has no evidence? It's impossible to record in here because it's already lagging. It's pretty hard to time screenshots right. Is it that hard to check the logs or use the screen capture system if there reads an accurate time in the PR?

This is not a rant, this is more like a question. Imo it's admin duties to check logs for PR's.

Why can't players access the logs or the screen capture system in the courthouse. Maybe the logs/screen captute system in the courthouse could update every 1-3 hours to avoid abusing? I'm not sure if that is possible tho.

Post your thoughts below. That is just my opinion.
Its noones duty to spent their freetime, im just saying.

Are you basically saying you should be able to be banned without the accusor having to provide proof?
I don't think it's a good argument that it's 'impossible to record'. Whilst the performance isn't exactly great, recording with NVIDIA GeForce Experience, AMD ReLive or OBS wouldn't affect performance greatly unless you have a potato of a computer, where you wouldn't be getting good performance anyway.

Staff members already lack motivation to administrate the servers in-game. Adding another obligation to their duties would make things worse.
When you post a PR, you are in charge of putting the case together to bring to the staff team. When you post without evidence from yourself, you aren’t helping staff gain crucial evidence where logs and the screen capture literally cannot get. Logs and the screen capture can only capture so much that YOUR evidence would be more useful.
Considering some people are unable to provide times (to the point where I had to hand-search 3 days worth of logs to find supporting evidence), actually finding evidence when none is provided can lead to a lack of motivation to process PRs. It's not easy to justify spend hours trawling through logs because someone wants somebody else banned.

If want to report someone, you need to put that effort in. Think of it like a courthouse, if you're suing someone, you wouldn't go to the court "yeah, they did this. It's your job to prove it."
Additionally, logs lack context, which is arguably the mos5 important part of any predicament.
Additionally we have between 10,000 and 50,000 logs a day so if we aren't given a time or day yeah, it can take a looooonnng time
(Jan 14, 2018, 11:57 AM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]Additionally we have between 10,000 and 50,000 logs a day so if we aren't given a time or day yeah, it can take a looooonnng time

What I don't under stand though, if this is browser based, why can't a staff memeber just press F3 and search for E.G Quest killed Barkles with Shotgun. Why couldn't this happen?
What is the worst that can happen if all the logs are made public with a 2 hour delay to prevent abuse? That way people can make cases A LOT easier and admins wont have to spent the weekend in the logs.
(Jan 14, 2018, 02:07 PM)Baskingner Wrote: [ -> ]What is the worst that can happen if all the logs are made public with a 2 hour delay to prevent abuse? That way people can make cases A LOT easier and admins wont have to spent the weekend in the logs.

People will end up using it to metagame and help them with raids etc.
(Jan 14, 2018, 02:29 PM)Blazing Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 14, 2018, 02:07 PM)Baskingner Wrote: [ -> ]What is the worst that can happen if all the logs are made public with a 2 hour delay to prevent abuse? That way people can make cases A LOT easier and admins wont have to spent the weekend in the logs.

People will end up using it to metagame and help them with raids etc.

If it comes 2 hours late? Lets make it 24 hours then.

Able to metagame
See private information
See situations without context
How would they metagame? The public logs are delayed by (for example) 2 hours, or 12, or 24 hours. That means that if i kill someone it will show up hours later so it would be impossible for me to act on that info ingame.
(Jan 14, 2018, 03:27 PM)Baskingner Wrote: [ -> ]How would they metagame? The public logs are delayed by (for example) 2 hours, or 12, or 24 hours. That means that if i kill someone it will show up hours later so it would be impossible for me to act on that info ingame.

I dont know, maybe read whispers, PMs, and so on? See inventory movements? Jobpreferations?
(Jan 14, 2018, 03:46 PM)Luvbread Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 14, 2018, 03:27 PM)Baskingner Wrote: [ -> ]How would they metagame? The public logs are delayed by (for example) 2 hours, or 12, or 24 hours. That means that if i kill someone it will show up hours later so it would be impossible for me to act on that info ingame.

I dont know, maybe read whispers, PMs, and so on? See inventory movements? Jobpreferations?

The whispers would no longer be useful after multiple hours. PM's could be hidden from the public, inventory movements are not necessary for PR's so they could be removed. How can a job preferation be information for metagame? You could just use the tab menu to gain that information.
Pages: 1 2 3