Limelight Forums

Full Version: Police Body Armour Bodygroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Explain your suggestion, in detail:
Add a new clothing item called "Police Body Armour" that enables the body armour bodygroup on police models.

Explain why the suggestion should be implemented:
With the removal of Ceramic, there is no way of putting this armour on. As Police spawn with kevlar plating, they should choose the option of if they wish to roleplay wearing the kevlar under their shirt or a thicker looking one over their shirt. This would be a good replacement until a proper bodygroup tool is created for players to use.
+Support

+Tacticool
(Nov 19, 2017, 05:46 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

+Tacticool
I don't like it. It feels like fluff to try and salvage the vest model. The removed armor needed to go, because it really took away from the game in the big picture mechanically. That being said, it was great to look at, and perhaps that model could be applied to normal kevlar.

The under the shirt armor... Where to begin..... Basically, instead of having the old super armor, the idea should have been to make kevlar show on the model and have underarmor that didn't show on the model, that provided less protection. This makes a lot more sense both in a game and in real life, as under vests don't usually have the big boy plates, meaning that they typically don't stop much past 9mm, maybe .45 or .38, definately not 7.62. Hell, military issued plates only stop 7.62 AP ammo statistically 1-3 times before the plate is worthless to saving your life. Not that the military isn't working on new plates, but as of my 2010-11 OEF deployment, that is exactly what they were using, and I doubt very much has changed other then the generation version of the carrier they are using to hold said plates.

Honestly, I'm tired of seeing crims and cops getting all the love and suggestions, where all of the other jobs are simply drive-thru service playstyles. You go to dealer, you tell him what you want, he tells you price, you drop money, he drops truckloads of guns, you don't go back to a dealer sometimes for weeks, depending on how much you lose vs win. So glad the dealer took time to set up the store, for people to not really care, nor is he more than the F1 Market tab. Or even the Chef, lololololol, whom basically just sells fishing poles because the food from the water is more powerful than anything he can produce, and it's free after you have the pole. Why not just remove the chef and put the pole in the F1/Market/Misc.

Back on topic, I feel that the vests should be repurposed to fit the current kevlar. If under vests exist, all cops not wearing real vest could have this. And finally, make cops pay for the real vests unless they are swat, because it will bolster the market and stop people from simply going cop to avoid spending money while they play Call of Rockford.
Jokhah, the suggestion is to take the visual vest that was equipped when police Ceramic plates and have it as a purchasable cosmetic-only clothing option for Police. It would have no effect on the amount of protection. Purely visual.

Yes. I know that already. Like I said, making it a cosmetic item feels like fluff content that only pretains to police.

It should be for the kevlar that provides the cosmetic, not a cosmetic item for gov only that provides the cosmetic.
(Nov 19, 2017, 07:24 AM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes.  I know that already.  Like I said, making it a cosmetic item feels like fluff content that only pretains to police.

It should be for the kevlar that provides the cosmetic, not a cosmetic item for gov only that provides the cosmetic.

So you want it to only be visible when they have Kevlar on? Something cops have by default and can't get rid of?

Or if you mean it should be applied for all models, no matter police or not.....well......it says "police". it would also look kinda silly with everyone wearing the same thing. It's one thing for a uniformed team to wear it, but a whole city? Nah.
(Nov 19, 2017, 07:01 AM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like it.  It feels like fluff to try and salvage the vest model.  The removed armor needed to go, because it really took away from the game in the big picture mechanically.  That being said, it was great to look at, and perhaps that model could be applied to normal kevlar.

The under the shirt armor...  Where to begin.....  Basically, instead of having the old super armor, the idea should have been to make kevlar show on the model and have underarmor that didn't show on the model, that provided less protection.  This makes a lot more sense both in a game and in real life, as under vests don't usually have the big boy plates, meaning that they typically don't stop much past 9mm, maybe .45 or .38, definately not 7.62.  Hell, military issued plates only stop 7.62 AP ammo statistically 1-3 times before the plate is worthless to saving your life.  Not that the military isn't working on new plates, but as of my 2010-11 OEF deployment, that is exactly what they were using, and I doubt very much has changed other then the generation version of the carrier they are using to hold said plates.

Honestly, I'm tired of seeing crims and cops getting all the love and suggestions, where all of the other jobs are simply drive-thru service playstyles.  You go to dealer, you tell him what you want, he tells you price, you drop money, he drops truckloads of guns, you don't go back to a dealer sometimes for weeks, depending on how much you lose vs win.  So glad the dealer took time to set up the store, for people to not really care, nor is he more than the F1 Market tab.  Or even the Chef, lololololol, whom basically just sells fishing poles because the food from the water is more powerful than anything he can produce, and it's free after you have the pole.  Why not just remove the chef and put the pole in the F1/Market/Misc.

Back on topic, I feel that the vests should be repurposed to fit the current kevlar.  If under vests exist, all cops not wearing real vest could have this.  And finally, make cops pay for the real vests unless they are swat, because it will bolster the market and stop people from simply going cop to avoid spending money while they play Call of Rockford.

Make a suggestion then. No one is stopping you. Most people who make those RP's make good business either way, just depends on the traffic at the time. One day you could have no one interested in a diner. The next day, it's flooded. Passive RP usually gets attention if you make it fun for more than one player, something most people don't seem to understand. No one will want to come into your RP if it doesn't benefit them in some way. 

Also, police get issued gear. That will always be a thing. Having Kevlar is part of the package. It also won't bolster the market as the city has an endless supply of BMD items as they just appear from thin air at the moment.
i think he meant having it to buy and able to equip like the Police hats.
(Nov 19, 2017, 09:04 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ] i think he meant having it to buy and able to equip like the Police hats.

Stomm or Jokahh?
(Nov 19, 2017, 09:05 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 19, 2017, 09:04 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ] i think he meant having it to buy and able to equip like the Police hats.

Stomm or Jokahh?

Stomm
+support

The vest is sexy af
(Nov 19, 2017, 09:06 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]

Stomm or Jokahh?

Stomm

Oh no, I understand that. I’m asking what Jokahh is attempting to say.
(Nov 19, 2017, 06:03 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 19, 2017, 09:06 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]

Stomm or Jokahh?

Stomm

Oh no, I understand that. I’m asking what Jokahh is attempting to say.

Oh, right.. Sounds like he is salty that cops get kevlers for free.. not sure about the other stuff
+support
Pages: 1 2