Limelight Forums

Full Version: Remove Door Titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion:
Remove 3D Text on the front of door(s) 

Reason:
Unrealistic, silly and belongs in DarkRP. Absolutely zero reason to have it so that you can put any text on a door. If you want signage you can make it with props, use the Sign entity or simply post a notice using the /note feature. 

We don't need a title to say that the door is owned. If it's locked, it's most likely owned. Isn't it more interesting for a Criminal to not know if a home is occupied or not? It's not like you'd walk up to an apartment door and be able to distinguish if someone is living inside the unit or not.
+support, never thought it made sense to have text on the doors, especially when its like

'<Playersname>'s Door'
+Support

Door names are a bit unnecessary.

(Sent via Phone)
-Support

Helps in staff investigations as the evidence is easier to aquire. Not to mention I don't mind it. Just rather it say the address and not your name by default.
(Aug 5, 2017, 01:25 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Helps in staff investigations as the evidence is easier to aquire. Not to mention I don't mind it.

Just rather it say the address and not your name by default.

I don't mind losing it and the address idea is something I'd probably rather like to see. Allows you to name the buildings with the street part too. and allows the police to work on the map better.

+Support.
There's no purpose for it in an administrative investigation.

People don't normally put any title on the door beside leaving the input box blank which defaults to just having the door state that it is Sold. There's no need to see a title even in an administrative investigation or for use in a PR because it cannot be used as evidence in any circumstance. If someone is shooting outside of a home window, a door title/owner wouldn't prove that it was that person shooting. We have DamageLogs and a sophisticated logging system and reports revolve around evidence such as photos or videos of the accused along with a timestamp to allow the situation to be found in console.
+support from me. Realism.
+support
+Support

Maybe see the door name and the owner when pressing F2? (For evidence, PR's, to help staff and metagaming) ok don't metagame, its still against the rules
Maybe add an address system. The 3D text can stay, but cannot be renamed/edited. The door will have the number of the address. Then we can get rid of the F2 system when searching for the owner. Police will now have to look in the police database for the address's owner. When you click the main door of the building, you can buy the whole building, for the price of all the doors of that building. If you hit F2 and the door is owned, it does not display any names, but says that it is owned.
The suggestion is about removing the 3D Text not having an alternative that is still 3D Text. Address System can be implemented in more detail through the Location System in-game.
+support
+support. It's completely useless and I personally just set it to be a space bar so that I can get rid of it.
-support, '//how do i buy a door'
-support, have an ability to turn it on and off. It should still be kept, or like Cooli said '//how do i buy a door'
Pages: 1 2