Limelight Forums

Full Version: In-Game Download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>: In-Game

In detail, explain your suggestion:when you join LL you download addons to help you see cars my suggestion is to add them to the steam collection to help people when they do /content to find addons easier.

Why should this be implemented?
it makes it easier to understand what addons are needed to join LL

---

Make sure to add a poll, with '+Support/-Support' (or equivalent) as the options. This helps us to see how popular suggestions are.
-Support
If I remember right, FastDL was not working properly for a long time, resulting in people (me included) timing out 4-5 times before they could finally join the server. It should be far easier to just tell players with less than 10 hours that they should use /content using a pop-up window.
Updated

I didn't think project Understood what I was trying to say.
The vehicle models are in the content packs already, thus already added in the steam workshop list.

(Jul 18, 2017, 03:41 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]The vehicle models are in the content packs already, thus already added in the steam workshop list.

But the server makes you download adodns to see the cars and other stuff when you first join the server

(Jul 18, 2017, 03:48 PM)Gamerpro2266 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 18, 2017, 03:41 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]The vehicle models are in the content packs already, thus already added in the steam workshop list.

But the server makes you download adodns to see the cars and other stuff when you first join the server

When you first join the server you download almost nothing anymore as FastDL has been disabled and instead all content has been moved into content packs in order to avoid issues stated above.

The models you are talking about are in content packs that you only have to install once and then they update automatically every time a dev updates the pack. Am I missing something here?
(Jul 18, 2017, 03:54 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 18, 2017, 03:48 PM)Gamerpro2266 Wrote: [ -> ]

When you first join the server you download almost nothing anymore as FastDL has been disabled and instead all content has been moved into content packs in order to avoid issues stated above.

The models you are talking about are in content packs that you only have to install once and then they update automatically every time a dev updates the pack. Am I missing something here?

When I joined the server I got force to FastDL addons 

Could you help us 
With fastdl/understanding
I believe we do have a FastDL however, I believe it is only for the VERY, VERY minor stuff, most likely like Fonts.
We do have a FASTDL but it was disabled in 2016.
(Jul 18, 2017, 06:03 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]We do have a FASTDL but it was disabled in 2016.

you know when you join the server first time you download addons from the workshop i'm saying to add them addons to the collection.
do you get me now?
(Jul 18, 2017, 06:28 PM)Gamerpro2266 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 18, 2017, 06:03 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]We do have a FASTDL but it was disabled in 2016.

you know when you join the server first time you download addons from the workshop i'm saying to add them addons to the collection.
do you get me now?

That would be a fabulous idea, unfortunately this is not possible due to some restrictions regarding the Steam Workshop Agreement and copyright. We are not allowed to host foreign addons/content without piror permission. Many authors don't want that either.
-Support

/content
I think what Gamer is saying is not add them to the fastDL but when you do /content all of the external addons LW, TDM, CW, etc can be viewed. Therefire making it a lot easier for new player to play without errors. I understand that the models from the addons are put into the packs, but it seems to not work because you still see errors if you don't have the specific addons. This however is not a problem for me because i download almost every realistic car on the WS. Also addons such as the photon engine must be download to see things properly. I hope I am understanding this right. If the content pack collection are used in FastDL and you don't want other addons in there, just make another collection with all the other addons. Make it so when you do /content the one with all the addons shows instead of the one that is used for FastDL, but to my understanding, FastDL is not used.
(Jul 19, 2017, 01:22 AM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]I think what Gamer is saying is not add them to the fastDL but when you do /content all of the external addons LW, TDM, CW, etc can be viewed. Therefire making it a lot easier for new player to play without errors. I understand that the models from the addons are put into the packs, but it seems to not work because you still see errors if you don't have the specific addons. This however is not a problem for me because i download almost every realistic car on the WS. Also addons such as the photon engine must be download to see things properly. I hope I am understanding this right. If the content pack collection are used in FastDL and you don't want other addons in there, just make another collection with all the other addons. Make it so when you do /content the one with all the addons shows instead of the one that is used for FastDL, but to my understanding, FastDL is not used.

OMG thank you so much that is what I meant
Could people update there +/-support please

Pages: 1 2 3