Limelight Forums

Full Version: Remove all arrests being in-character
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>: In-game

In detail, explain your suggestion:
It gets boring running around the SIDEWALKS with friends, talking and then suddenly being tazed and arrested, for no reason. And it actually is no reason. It wouldn't be so bad had the police sergeants and others taken random arrests seriously and dealt with it however they don't take it seriously and just ignore it making the server boring.
It might be half the reason people don't come play, as when there's corrupt police with no one doing anything, players leave because of it becoming a wild shit-hole.

Why should this be implemented?
Because it prevents certain individuals being targeted. Also, it helps people to learn to RP arrests properly rather than being allowed to run around randomly arrest people. And stops the government from going to shit, and ruining the players experience
- Support. All arrests are IC if role-played properly, not if they are done without background RP (As by now).
+ Support. I think police should be also restricted on corruptRP or have body cams on them.
-support

Just no.
I don't really get what you are saying (probably because I am no native speaker). Could you try to explain it to me, please?
(Jun 24, 2017, 06:48 PM)Rizion Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really get what you are saying (probably because I am no native speaker). Could you try to explain it to me, please?

What I am saying is there is not enough RP for all arrests to be IC because no one cares. Because it's not against the rules / know nothing will be done about it, they are happy to run around ruining the RP of people by constantly randomly arresting people.
It's heavily abused

Had people cared more about the RP, and taken shit like this a bit more seriously it would be alright
-support
-Support
(Jun 24, 2017, 11:43 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 24, 2017, 06:48 PM)Rizion Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really get what you are saying (probably because I am no native speaker). Could you try to explain it to me, please?

What I am saying is there is not enough RP for all arrests to be IC because no one cares. Because it's not against the rules / know nothing will be done about it, they are happy to run around ruining the RP of people by constantly randomly arresting people.
It's heavily abused

Had people cared more about the RP, and taken shit like this a bit more seriously it would be alright
I do think something should change with the arrest/warrant system. I could think of a court or a basic evidence system... But this isn't the right way.
-Support
Neutrul
Maybe tazing everyone on the street and arresting them at once is to far
-Support

Currently, if an officer arrests you, his arrest will be valid for two main reasons, you either broke a law or the officer is corrupt. Now if you believe the law you broke does not warrant an arrest, take it up to to the president, if you believe someone is corrupt, take it up to the sergeant or the president.

Incase you believe the arrest had no actual roleplay or reason behind it, you can contact and admin or post a player report about it.

If this rule was to be removed, people would call admins for every arrest they might not like.
(Jun 25, 2017, 10:54 AM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]-Support

Currently, if an officer arrests you, his arrest will be valid for two main reasons, you either broke a law or the officer is corrupt. Now if you believe the law you broke does not warrant an arrest, take it up to to the president, if you believe someone is corrupt, take it up to the sergeant or the president.

Incase you believe the arrest had no actual roleplay or reason behind it, you can contact and admin or post a player report about it.

If this rule was to be removed, people would call admins for every arrest they might not like.

Presidents and sergeants don't care enough about the RP, just their salaries.
Anytime myself or someone else is to call an admin about an arrest without a real reason, it's ignored. Calling admins doesn't work

And as stated above, even if it wasn't the rule being removed but instead other changes being made so random arrests don't happen as frequently, that would be better
(Jun 25, 2017, 11:23 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote: [ -> ]

Anytime myself or someone else is to call an admin about an arrest without a real reason, it's ignored. Calling admins doesn't work

Roleplay it out, if they don't care, protest, shout about it, get a group and protest about it again. At last, "teach" them a lesson.
(Jun 25, 2017, 11:24 AM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]

Roleplay it out, if they don't care, protest, shout about it, get a group and protest about it again. At last, "teach" them a lesson.

Again, it goes back to the lack of RP from anyone these days. It gets no where and it clearly states you cannot simply "teach" them a lesson because of an arrest. I'd rather not be breaking the rules here.
Getting groups and protesting, again, you're then simply arrested and told to fuck off being shot a few times for no reason by SWAT

As I've said wayyy to much, it's all down to the lack of RP
(Jun 25, 2017, 11:28 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2017, 11:24 AM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]

Again, it goes back to the lack of RP from anyone these days. It gets no where and it clearly states you cannot simply "teach" them a lesson because of an arrest. I'd rather not be breaking the rules here.
Getting groups and protesting, again, you're then simply arrested and told to fuck off being shot a few times for no reason by SWAT

As I've said wayyy to much, it's all down to the lack of RP

You missed my point here, if they refuse to hear you out, take action, let the public know, take them to court, protest, if you get arrested then get people and protest again, arrested again?, retaliate and at last maybe take your revenge. If the other side doesn't want to RP that does not mean you should not.

As if you are shot by SWAT for protesting, you could probably return the favor later.

My point remains, if there is no reason behind an arrest, it is then probably against the rules and you should use @ or post a player report. Otherwise, just roleplay it out from your side and take your time to take a small situation like that to a full-fledged roleplay while remaining within the rules.

Also to clarify, the rule does not need to be removed but at best re-written to include that arrests need a reason. Thus my -Support remains.
-support for the ability to take arrests out-of-character. If an arrest is done unrealisticly or without any roleplay whatsoever, you could possibly get them on FailRP in the worst case.
But basically making it possible for those that get arrested to interrupt the roleplay, even when the LEOs aren't corrupt but the accused just simply disagrees with it anytime they get arrested, wouldn't be effective either.

+support for a whitelisted police force (including officers in the SWAT team) that will be handpicked through various tests, an application and possibly an interview. Plus, imposing sanctions on those who disobey SOPs during arrests or those that are corrupt in their line of duty.
Pages: 1 2 3