Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR: monk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Code:
[b]Name of Player:[/b] Monk

[b]SteamID: [/b] STEAM_0:1:37833195

[b]Server: [/b] v4b1 EU

[b]Time: [/b] 9:15AM GMT

[b]Summary:[/b] Abusing a bug in police chases to drive right throw police cars and spike strips

[b]Evidence:[/b] Uploading
Thank you for your player-report, Vimpto.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, the accused player and witnesses may reply to this report.
As I tried to somewhat explain in OOC, there wasn't anything I could have done to fix it. I also actively tried to avoid colliding with anything but that was a little difficult seeing as they were also actively trying to ram me. When Omnistar and Max pulled in front of me while we were going slow I came to a stop seeing as they couldn't physically stop me themselves. The only time I could have abused what was going on in anyway was when I drove through the tunnel. Though it's not like the one or two cars that were parked there would have stood up against a Kamaz anyways.

I did very much try to avoid abusing it, however there was nothing I could have done to fix it seeing as police officers ignore OOC scenarios and I would have been instantly shot or tazed if I made any attempt to fix it.

EDIT:
Here's a screenshot of the text chat of me trying to explain in OOC and when Max and Omnistar "stopped" me and we were trying to figure it out.
In my video you just drive right threw stuff I'll have it up for tonight
(Jun 11, 2017, 11:10 AM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]In my video you just drive right threw stuff I'll have it up for tonight

Again, I very much tried to go around everything. Though there's not much I can do about police officers who try to slam themselves into a ~15 ton truck with reckless abandon. The only time I didn't try to avoid colliding with anything entirely was when I drove through the tunnel where I had no choice. Though, if my memory serves me correctly, I did try to go through an area that the Kamaz would have been able to plow through were a bug not preventing me from doing so.
What about at downtown motors add the fact you did t try respawning your car or anything
(Jun 11, 2017, 11:21 AM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]What about at downtown motors add the fact you did t try respawning your car or anything

I don't know I can't quite recall what happened at downtown motors. And believe it or not as I said before police on this server ignore OOC situations so if I tried to fix it in anyways I would have been gunned down or instantly arrested and this would have been a FearRP PR instead if I tried to get back in to continue the chase ICly. I waited until the chase concluded and then immediately stopped using my vehicle to avoid any further abuse of the bug.
The video covers what happens at downtown and if you did in fact stop when your car would have been stopped why did you drove straight over a spike strip and through 3 police cars and not stop
Was involved, can confirm this.

You fix that bug by despawning the car, leaving, and then rejoining. Just because you have broken physics does not mean you should be abusing laws/doesn't give you an excuse to FailRP.
(Jun 11, 2017, 02:18 PM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]The video covers what happens at downtown and if you did in fact stop when your car would have been stopped why did you drove straight over a spike strip and through 3 police cars and not stop

I don't recall seeing a spike strip, but if I did drive through one then I apologize. Had I seen it I assure you I would have stopped. And again with the 3 police cars I did try to drive at a part that I could have driven through normally.

(Jun 11, 2017, 06:34 PM)mywarthog Wrote: [ -> ]Was involved, can confirm this.

You fix that bug by despawning the car, leaving, and then rejoining. Just because you have broken physics does not mean you should be abusing laws/doesn't give you an excuse to FailRP.

And as I keep saying, I did fix the bug. But I had to wait until there weren't cops sitting on top of me to do it otherwise this PR would be disconnecting to avoid arrest or breaking FearRP instead. And I mean if we want to talk about FailRP and not RPing out what should have happened we can talk about all of the cops who tried to slam into me head on and didn't RP their car crumbling and them instantly dying.
Waiting on the evidence upload.
(Jun 11, 2017, 07:22 PM)monk Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 11, 2017, 02:18 PM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]The video covers what happens at downtown and if you did in fact stop when your car would have been stopped why did you drove straight over a spike strip and through 3 police cars and not stop

I don't recall seeing a spike strip, but if I did drive through one then I apologize. Had I seen it I assure you I would have stopped. And again with the 3 police cars I did try to drive at a part that I could have driven through normally.
You definitely saw the spike strip, dude. As seen in the video. Also, yes, while you would have been able to push through the cars, it would have considerably slowed down your vehicle... that's because of A) the way physics works, and B) Police cruisers are intentionally built to be able to do that.

(Jun 11, 2017, 07:22 PM)monk Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 11, 2017, 06:34 PM)mywarthog Wrote: [ -> ]Was involved, can confirm this.

And as I keep saying, I did fix the bug. But I had to wait until there weren't cops sitting on top of me to do it otherwise this PR would be disconnecting to avoid arrest or breaking FearRP instead. And I mean if we want to talk about FailRP and not RPing out what should have happened we can talk about all of the cops who tried to slam into me head on and didn't RP their car crumbling and them instantly dying.
You should have pulled over in that case. We were chasing you around the map for a good 5-10 minutes before we pulled off and decided to just do a PR, IIRC. You were, without a single doubt in my mind, abusing this glitch to FailRP. In regards to instantly dying, you saying that they should be "instantly dead" is power-gaming. Again, police cars are especially built with a certain durabillity irl. In game, that's very difficult to say, because I've both seen, and personally been involved in, being rammed at full speed collisions against that truck, and would say that it's 50/50 if my vehicle HP goes to 0/I get injured. Also to that point, at the very least, irl you would have been considerably slowed down as well. Yes, you're a larger vehicle in this case, but you're not in a Panzer.

Anyways, I digress. Video is cut up a bit to show physics glitch abuse/intentional abuse (see chat log) specifically. Uploaded this in full HD, so I had to cut up the video to show the relevant parts only in order to keep the file size down (plus, most of this was driving around the map in the opposite direction trying to just find a cut off point against him. Pretty much what I posted is all the direct visual contact that I had on him during the pursuit).

OP may still want to post his video, too.
https://youtu.be/1sqoPEzH9MU
thats all i got
(Jun 11, 2017, 09:00 PM)mywarthog Wrote: [ -> ]You should have pulled over in that case.

I pulled over numerous times when the situation made sense. Examples being after I drove through the tunnel where I came to a complete stop outside of it, long enough for whoever came out of the tunnel to come back to me. Another being when I was already travelling slow and a car pulled in front of me as I previously described. 

We were chasing you around the map for a good 5-10 minutes before we pulled off and decided to just do a PR, IIRC. You were, without a single doubt in my mind, abusing this glitch to FailRP.

Oh yes I absolutely purposefully abusing this bug for the explicit purpose of having cops be unable to hit me /s. I was going to park my truck and get off when Max decided to give chase. I did not knowingly or intentionally enter the situation with the bug active.

In regards to instantly dying, you saying that they should be "instantly dead" is power-gaming.

Or a joke.

Again, police cars are especially built with a certain durabillity irl. In game, that's very difficult to say, because I've both seen, and personally been involved in, being rammed at full speed collisions against that truck, and would say that it's 50/50 if my vehicle HP goes to 0/I get injured. Also to that point, at the very least, irl you would have been considerably slowed down as well. Yes, you're a larger vehicle in this case, but you're not in a Panzer.

Of course, but that being said it still wouldn't make sense for them to slam themselves into the front of it to stop me. Even if they weren't crushed instantly the sudden stop would probably break their spines and necks in three. Though, I should add I usually tried to slow a good bit whenever I was being "rammed." 

Anyways, I digress. Video is cut up a bit to show physics glitch abuse/intentional abuse (see chat log) specifically. Uploaded this in full HD, so I had to cut up the video to show the relevant parts only in order to keep the file size down (plus, most of this was driving around the map in the opposite direction trying to just find a cut off point against him. Pretty much what I posted is all the direct visual contact that I had on him during the pursuit).

Darn, I was hoping you'd upload in 240p so you couldn't see it was me.

OP may still want to post his video, too.

Point is, I was not intentionally trying to abuse the bug. I was trying to park and disconnect when the chase began and it wasn't until you all stopped chasing me that I felt I could take the necessary time to try to fix it. I did not begin the chase with intentions of committing mass FailRP as you seem to believe. I tried to keep the situation as "realistic" (usually slowing upon "collision" and stopping if I couldn't plausibly plow through anything) as I could given the bug inflicted upon me.

EDIT: Also in the beginning of your video it would seem I swerved into you, I'm pretty sure I wasn't trying to do that but I only don't know what day of the week it is half the time.

Also wow this perspective looks nothing like what I saw through my eyes. I don't recall going straight through vehicles like that, from my camera it looked more like going through the corners of them as opposed to through the meat of them.
The fact is when you say you slowed down you are lieing. The spike strip would have wrecked your car but you still went at max speed, we pulled I front of you multiple times and you ignored it. So your pretty much lieing straight up.
Stating another fact is that you added in a bit to your reply stating you wish he uploaded it in 240p so they couldn't see it was you. Yes I screenshoted it if you remove it
Pages: 1 2 3