Limelight Forums

Full Version: The Alternative Right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi friends I am alive

I'm here to exploit your independent minds and gain a wide range of opinions on the 'Alt-Right' political movement. Currently I'm doing an extended essay on how language has contributed to forming such a movement to exist and the role of social media in doing so, and I'd be interested to know what your stances are on the Alt-Right - if you align with them, oppose them, think nothing of them, etc.

Do you agree with any of their tenets (immigration, white genocide, masculinity)? Have you had any experience with self-identifying Alt-Rightists? Do you see them as a valid political movement, or are they just trolls on the internet? Why has such an identity come about? What makes them 'alternative'? 

Any thoughts/opinions welcome. This isn't aimed to be biased for/against the movement, either.
Ta.
Fascism rebooted, that's what it is.
In pepe we trust. Really what everyone sees as the alt right really isn't that way, it's just portrayed that way by the media
I do not know anything about such a movement - Can anyone provided me with some information, please?
(I'm from Germany so that might not be a thing here)
Identifying with a group is negative for true democracy, as it's impossible to align your views fully with a group. This is why political parties don't actually represent those who vote for them, as it's very likely you'll disagree with at least a few policies.

As for alt right - I'm pretty right win economically, but it is the only way to be. Socially i'm centrist, I have very traditional views twinned with liberal views on drugs, welfare etc.

All for LGBT rights, stop shoving it down my throat because it's a non issue in this day and age.
All for equality, stop bringing up race as an issue as it is self perpetuating. The people most concerned about race are minorities themselves, and I believe it's simply blaming society for their own downfalls in the vast majority of cases.
All for gender equality, but we have it. Biologically we're different and there's limits, but there's actually more opportunity for women now a days, especially considering discriminatory quotas.

ultimately 'alt right' is both satire of the current and ridiculous political climate (especially left wing who are descending further into being detriments) and a genuine outlet for people's concerns, whilst not simply having their views suppressed.

Someone has an issue with migration, or a religion in their community, they have no voice or they'll be branded one of a hundred buzzwords. At least with this movement, those issues are being heard which I believe is good for any democracy, regardless if their views are based in merit or not.
I'll expand a little on what Jono is saying. He makes a great point that it's impossible (or at least, highly unlikely) for anyone's views to align 100% with a party or group. Most people tend to have a couple of issues that are most important to them, and make their decisions based on that: it seems to me that the common ones nowadays include security, immigration, and other assorted social issues. Climate is a pretty big one but right now it seems that it's being treated more as a matter of opinion than of scientific fact, so there are problems there too. With the current UK election, all I've really heard recently has been arguments and opinions on security, welfare, and the NHS: very little on climate, trade policy, energy, internet regulation and similar. No-one really knows a party's entire manifesto nowadays: I certainly don't, and I do my best to stay informed.

It just so happens that most of the issues people are currently focused on (security, immigration, welfare etc.) can be very emotional ones. It's hard to be certain what approaches work best, and there are a lot of different opinions on the matter. Other important issues like climate change, energy, the internet, and increasing job automation seem very far away or less important, at least if you look at what's on most social media or news.

So we have these few selected important issues, and people will generally align themselves to a party based on their opinions on those. The other issues tend to be ignored, at least in the UK with the current election (everything is about Brexit or the above issues). Because these issues are emotional, they're also very polarising. Thanks to the media and internet, opinions spread very rapidly and it doesn't take much for people to be pushed to the extremes on either side. There are also a lot of 'protest' votes now: people will vote for a new radical option simply because they were unhappy with the old administration.

It's a shame, really. A lot of very important issues are going relatively ignored because of this. Of course, this is all just my opinion - one in several billion, and I could very well be wrong.
First problem is that the 'alt-right' is used to refer to neo-nazis and the like, which in reality is not right wing at all. Their views are centrist.

As for people's views on them, it's unfortunate that they are mostly branded by these skinhead tattoo covered degenerates.

The internet trolls, eehhh, internet isn't a safe space and offence is taken not given.

I hate the term alt-right, but it's evident if you know me that I align with their political views. In relation to that, let's start with immigration and white genocide:

The alt-right is a movement focused on mainly the white race. It's a collection of mainly online youth who can't express their opinion without being labeled racist for life. Best I can describe it is a movement that resurrects the love for the white race, culture and heritage.
The focus is on white-nationalism to preserve our own culture and our own race. We're sick of immigration, media-forced narratives that intrude our daily lives and even our schools.
The alt-right realises everything in this world is dominated by the left, and we're here to make a stand.

We are here because it is necessary, because no man of conscience may turn a blind eye. And we must now fight so that the generations who proceed us will not wake up one day as a despised and persecuted minority, on the very land which is their birthright and is soaked with the blood of their ancestors.
Pushed aside to make way for those encouraged to come here seeking entitlement. at the expense of those who have been taught to wallow in self-hate and shame for glorious deeds of our forefathers.

Well we say no.

We used to be a white country, white men, white women, white children, white families, white culture, white values.
Fifty years ago if you weren't white you didn't exist here. If you were a pervert, you kept it hidden.
We had ideals, white ideals, and now our Nation has been ruined. Ruined to the point where we can't even talk about it, on the soil where our grandfathers were told they had to die to protect. Where is the resistance? Why isn't anyone trying to stop it?

Exactly 100 years ago, our people were drowning in their own blood in the wastes of the Somme, with nothing but blind hatred.
Yet since then, again and again, we are trampled underfoot by the hooked-nosed bankers. By the child raping politicians, the celebrities. The entire upper class looks down upon the people in disgust and contempt.

It needs to stop.

Those who encourage civic nationalism instead of white nationalism can be labeled "Alt-LIGHT" instead. They side with those who will never fully accept them.
The alt-light seeks to co-op the movement and abandon its core principals. Their greed blinds them from the truth. Now they're turning against their allies
seeking the favor of those who will never accept them.
Saw this somewhere.

"Atheists claim religion has held back science several millennia. So we leave atheists in charge for a couple decades and already they can't tell the difference between a man and a women"
Is the Alt-Right even a thing?

I've only encountered views on the movement through media coverage and leaked footage from inside their conventions, however I don't think that I would call that being fully informed on their agenda and wouldn't just assume anything negative about them based on the fact that it's revolving around bringing back a little bit of white identity in a world that has suppressed white nationality and pride because it's seen as racist because of the ever expanding multi-cultural identity that we see in most Westernized countries. I don't see anyone bashing Japan for protecting their Japanese identity by having extreme immigration regulations that basically prevent other cultures from coming in and taking away from their identity.

I myself align to the further right side fiscally and socially, though we all have our discrepancies here and there. I do agree with white nationality and white pride and I myself have been discomforted by this rising theme in ethnic groups and confused feminists that involves shaming a man for being a man and worst of all being a heterosexual CIS male. I remember matching with a darker skinned girl on Tinder and she was extremely pretty, seemed to have a great personality and there seemed to be extreme potential. However just moments into the conversation she shot me with the question on whether or not I knew my privilege that I supposedly had. This was a question that was quite long, maybe 100 words and at the end she attached a link to a BuzzFeed quiz that would assess my different privileges and give me a score based on that. She seemed to take this quiz quite seriously and said she was quite surprised at her own privilege, however I myself found the quiz to be quite laughable. I guess this is what society has come to. Labeling me as being privileged because I'm white, male, heterosexual and worst of all I've never been raped. I myself align to the right because I don't believe that privilege is associated with race and certainly not with things that we're unable to change. I believe privilege is mostly based on your social status and character / behavioral attributes

I agree with the right when it comes to freedom of speech and hate speech. I don't believe there is a need for censorship and protecting people's feelings. I don't believe that a word should be off-limits to someone because of their skin color. With that girl on Tinder, this word happened to be used when I was describing my daily events which included going down to the pool to get tan and hopefully get dark before summer time came around. Apparently I triggered her with my usage of dark where after I was informed that the word cannot be used by me because I am white. I provided the definition of dark which showed that is also means to be tan but I was quickly shut down because it didn't matter what the definition was... it wasn't okay to use! I will continue to use the hard F word to describe someone I dislike and I won't feel guilty because the word has been desensitized through social media, gaming, etcetera and rightfully so. I believe we need to adapt to a society where we aren't hurt by words and not one that decides to create safe-spaces for those who don't want to hear them. If I'm listening to a song that includes the hard N word, I shouldn't have to feel ashamed or criticized for singing along simply because I'm white and that's supposedly an off-limits word. I don't believe allowing language has led to the creation of the Alt-Right, it has more to do with the censorship of language.

I'm white but being partially Hispanic I identify with that part of me and my lineage from both sides of my family. One side being immigrants from Mexico and Spain and the other being a long line of Freemason's that came from European territories including Denmark. Every country has begun with some form of immigration and more often with violence. The United States was founded by Western European settlers and involves taking some territory from Native Americans however most of the territories were purchased or taken from other developed nations in control of the land, such as France, Britain and Spain. The Native American thing is sad but I completely disagree with the stance that we owe them penance for conquering the land. That's how nations are formed and we're not going to be paying restitution for it. This country would be nothing without Western culture bringing order to it. The right also puts down this idea that white people owe something to African-Americans because of slavery. Slavery wasn't an issue here, it was an issue everywhere. Every country has had some form of slavery and some do to this day in some way, shape or form. 

There are certainly centrist and left stances that I support and I believe most people who align towards the right hold the same opinion of current social issues. Homosexuality, fine. Gay Marriage, all good. You can't tell someone who to love. I think that's not an issue in this country anymore, but you'll see people being slaughtered and killed for their sexuality abroad and that's where the cries for change should be directed. I do have an issue with this idea that there are more than a few genders. I don't support the idea that you're something other than the biological genders. You're either a man or a woman. If you're a woman trapped in a man's body, don't put on a skirt and heels and walk down the street expecting people to treat you the same way they're going to treat a woman. It seems like transgender issues have been the highlight of the Obama administration and I feel like nothing proper has been done for the middle-class and actual social issues other than the whole thing about creating bathrooms for other genders which I think is utter nonsense. If a business feels like creating a unisex restroom, so be it. You can't force a business to make accommodations for this new category nor should they be forced to make accommodations for religious practices. You shouldn't be exempt from dress-code requirements just because your religion calls for you to wear a certain piece of clothing. Now I'm not saying I am against Transgenders, it's simply that society as a whole is going to take a while to adapt to it. Some people you couldn't tell were trans however there are those who CLEARLY didn't make an effort to change their appearance. I'm sorry but I don't think most people are willing to accept that. What's the solution? Maybe we can figure out how to identify one's gender at an early age and begin the transition early on and offer help to those who may live in an unsafe home environment where they don't feel safe discussing this with their parents. Not something the government would be backing but private organizations and charities directed towards this issue. Sexuality is something fluid and I can support that but I think gender needs to be something permanent and assigned early on in life. With gender comes gender roles in society and we can't live in fear of mis-gendering someone. Now by this I don't mean woman in the kitchen cooking me a grilled cheese sandwich, because by all means that'd be sexist as f*ck to insinuate that a woman should be in the kitchen. I mean that when someone is walking down the street you should simply be able to assert whether they are male or female. The lines become too blurred when you can't answer that one simple question. I believe in gender equality and believe we're already there in most fields as the gender wage-gap myth has already been disproved by economists who showed that the wage-gap statistics are because the studies take all fields into account and don't take many of the most important factors into account. Watch this video HERE to inform yourself. I'd also encourage wage-gap believers to do some research instead of just listening to the feminist talking points. 

The United States is ahead of most nations when it comes to civil rights and freedoms and yet we still find ways to make claims of oppression and injustices.

TLDR; We have Black Lives Matters out and about bashing the white, I'd say that the Alt-Right is simply the embodiment of a White Pride Matters group.
(Jun 9, 2017, 08:16 AM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]TLDR; We have Black Lives Matters out and about bashing the white, I'd say that the Alt-Right is simply the embodiment of a White Pride Matters group.

I wouldn't say it's white pride fundamentally. Depending on where you are it'll change. Naturally the alt-right in Europe is about white pride because Europeans are white, but if the alt-right were to rise in a country where another race was its heritage, it'd be about the pride in that race. You should be proud of your race, and you shouldn't be afraid to be. We are given this message of 'diversity' by the media where race shouldn't matter and race mixing is encouraged, but if you just disregard race and start having mixed babies, we will eventually get to the point that there's one beige-coloured race with no exceptional traits across the entire world. That's not diversity. It's racial genocide. There's nothing diverse about the entire world one day becoming the same impure race.

If an artist had a colour palette full of all of the colours except green for example, he could mix yellow and blue to make green. But if the artist mixed all the colours together, he'd have one shade of brown. He'd never be able to get the old colours back. You have to keep the colours separate if you want to keep the colours.

Watch this video from 2:51 until 4:45. The video itself is a cartoon based on humour of alt-right stereotypes, but the message from that part of the video is particularly close to some tangible and understandable values.

^^^^ WATCH 2:51-4:45 ^^^^

The notion that the alt-right is some sort of extremist hive mind is ridiculous. It's full of individuals and has no strict tenets aside from its fundamentals. It's a very broad term used to label anyone - usually in a derogatory way by the left - that accepts such concepts as race realism, pride of heritage and patriotism.

I want to preserve each culture and race, but of course I prefer my own race. It's only natural, and that doesn't mean I hate other races. I just want what's best for my race in the area of the world that its heritage lies and if that somehow makes me racist then so be it.

Think of it this way, imagine you are a parent and you're going to pick up your kid from school. You're waiting for him/her near the gate, and you look on the playground and you can see all the other kids there. Out of all the kids on the playground, you love your kid the most, but that doesn't mean you hate the other kids. You love your own blood, and that should also apply to race. Putting your own race first isn't this 'far-right', 'fascist' idea, it's just like a parent putting their own child first.

As for how the alt-right came to exist, it's likely because anonymity on the internet allows people to express their views without being slaughtered by the liberals in society. It's not even like the liberals are a vast majority of the population. Trump won the US election, Tories still gained more seats than Labour in the UK, and yet they still manage to control public opinion. It's hard for a functional 'alt-right' member to exist in society because you'll just get thrown into the same demographic as the dumbass neo-nazis that cover themselves in tattoos and behave like animals. It's people like this who are destroying the movement. And as such, since all 'normal' members are afraid to come out of hiding, the only publicised 'alt-right' continues to be these skinhead, rioting, shouting neo-nazis.

The alt-right naturally has a large presence on the 'politically incorrect' board on 4chan (/pol) because the website has one of the largest focuses on anonymity of anything. People can't even tell that you're the same person outside of individual threads, so if you make a mistake you can't be permanently labeled as an idiot and can continue to participate in the community. Over time, users on the board stared to notice deep similarities in their political views, and most will now agree that they wish to see a better world in the format I've described but admit it's very difficult to do considering the public opinion of the alt-right movement. The alt-right could not exist on such a large scale without websites like 4chan.

The movement is constantly growing, and if there is hope, it lies with those who are willing to take off their rose tinted glasses and see the truth of what's happening to the world.
(Jun 9, 2017, 06:42 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 9, 2017, 08:16 AM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]TLDR; We have Black Lives Matters out and about bashing the white, I'd say that the Alt-Right is simply the embodiment of a White Pride Matters group.

I wouldn't say it's white pride fundamentally. Depending on where you are it'll change. Naturally the alt-right in Europe is about white pride because Europeans are white, but if the alt-right were to rise in a country where another race was its heritage, it'd be about the pride in that race. You should be proud of your race, and you shouldn't be afraid to be. We are given this message of 'diversity' by the media where race shouldn't matter and race mixing is encouraged, but if you just disregard race and start having mixed babies, we will eventually get to the point that there's one beige-coloured race with no exceptional traits across the entire world. That's not diversity. It's racial genocide. There's nothing diverse about the entire world one day becoming the same impure race.

If an artist had a colour palette full of all of the colours except green for example, he could mix yellow and blue to make green. But if the artist mixed all the colours together, he'd have one shade of brown. He'd never be able to get the old colours back. You have to keep the colours separate if you want to keep the colours.

Watch this video from 2:51 until 4:45. The video itself is a cartoon based on humour of alt-right stereotypes, but the message from that part of the video is particularly close to some tangible and understandable values.

^^^^ WATCH 2:51-4:45 ^^^^

The notion that the alt-right is some sort of extremist hive mind is ridiculous. It's full of individuals and has no strict tenets aside from its fundamentals. It's a very broad term used to label anyone - usually in a derogatory way by the left - that accepts such concepts as race realism, pride of heritage and patriotism.

I want to preserve each culture and race, but of course I prefer my own race. It's only natural, and that doesn't mean I hate other races. I just want what's best for my race in the area of the world that its heritage lies and if that somehow makes me racist then so be it.

Think of it this way, imagine you are a parent and you're going to pick up your kid from school. You're waiting for him/her near the gate, and you look on the playground and you can see all the other kids there. Out of all the kids on the playground, you love your kid the most, but that doesn't mean you hate the other kids. You love your own blood, and that should also apply to race. Putting your own race first isn't this 'far-right', 'fascist' idea, it's just like a parent putting their own child first.

As for how the alt-right came to exist, it's likely because anonymity on the internet allows people to express their views without being slaughtered by the liberals in society. It's not even like the liberals are a vast majority of the population. Trump won the US election, Tories still gained more seats than Labour in the UK, and yet they still manage to control public opinion. It's hard for a functional 'alt-right' member to exist in society because you'll just get thrown into the same demographic as the dumbass neo-nazis that cover themselves in tattoos and behave like animals. It's people like this who are destroying the movement. And as such, since all 'normal' members are afraid to come out of hiding, the only publicised 'alt-right' continues to be these skinhead, rioting, shouting neo-nazis.

The alt-right naturally has a large presence on the 'politically incorrect' board on 4chan (/pol) because the website has one of the largest focuses on anonymity of anything. People can't even tell that you're the same person outside of individual threads, so if you make a mistake you can't be permanently labeled as an idiot and can continue to participate in the community. Over time, users on the board stared to notice deep similarities in their political views, and most will now agree that they wish to see a better world in the format I've described but admit it's very difficult to do considering the public opinion of the alt-right movement. The alt-right could not exist on such a large scale without websites like 4chan.

The movement is constantly growing, and if there is hope, it lies with those who are willing to take off their rose tinted glasses and see the truth of what's happening to the world.
The same you said about the skinheads applies to the left too. I am (weirdly enough) a "SJW Cuck" by your standards, but i do not go around throwing molotovs. Regarding races... Do they even exist? I mean seriously, i think we have different skin colours and slightly different appearances, but that's it. Lastly, i do not know about you in america but in Italy no one has ever asked me about my privilege. Either in your country people are crazy or your sources cherry pick a lot.
(Jun 9, 2017, 06:56 PM)francysol3c Wrote: [ -> ]The same you said about the skinheads applies to the left too. I am (weirdly enough) a "SJW Cuck" by your standards, but i do not go around throwing molotovs. Regarding races... Do they even exist? I mean seriously, i think we have different skin colours and slightly different appearances, but that's it. Lastly, i do not know about you in america but in Italy no one has ever asked me about my privilege. Either in your country people are crazy or your sources cherry pick a lot.

Yeah antifa suck but

AAAAAHHHH

Did you even watch the video? Every race has both morphological and psychological differences and it's unreasonable to try and claim otherwise. Of course races exist it's why all races have so many different traits. Including this:

[Image: a24187238a72e94dcef7c4cde1725366.png]

You can't look at the statistics and think there's no difference. There's that, plus look at all the best olympic sprinters. Most of them have something in common - they're black.

Like I said, every race has beneficial and detrimental traits and each fit well with the society and environment they came from, hence why they should integrate with those societies where they fit in best, rather than going to countries with different societies and cultures where they establish an only partially functioning parallel society which leads to conflict and unrest within the country.
Ok so to reiterate:

I or we believe in a phenomenon called "Racial-Reality". It's the scientifical belief that we as race are different. We as humans are still mere animals. We're smart animals yes, but that doesn't put us above the laws of nature. Our environment selects traits that are favorable for the environment we've evolved in since we as humans got separated after Pangea.

The harsh environment of Africa selects on for example: Dark skin and physical strength, because it's hard to survive without. Europe however selected for whiter skin to take in more Vitamin D from the sun, as well as higher IQ because our resources weren't required for hunting as much as in harshes continents like Africa.
So yes we have physical differences, which are not limited to only dark skin. it goes as deep as hormones, skull and muscle density, a whole bunch of neurotransmitters. Is it weird then to assume that we are also inherently psychologically different?

This selection ultimately resulted in Europeans having higher IQ than Africans. Look up the bell curve statistic for IQ regarding whites and blacks. Asians are on top, then whites, then Arabs and at the very bottom are blacks with the lowest IQ. I mean absolutely no harm when I say this. Science is fun, even if it is kind of "racist".

We have a society that favors IQ, so for example if you/a race can do well in math you will be successful here in our society that favors people who do well in mathematics. But when a race is naturally umable to keep up with the other race, it is doomed to forever be stuck in the lower class. It is unable to keep up with the societal standards created by and for the mother-race. It took decades if not centuries to shape a world perfect for the people in the environment. I'd even say it's cruel to expect other races to do just as well or even better here. It's just not created for them. Just as whites will most definitely fail to uphold a standard in Asian countries, because they have selected for even higher IQ.

Multiculturalism is a thing that hasn't been around for a long time. It's only since about 50 to 60 years (Mainly after World War II), that this immigration thing started. The initial reason for immigration from third world countries is to make up for our declining birth rate. On average a white nuclear family gets 2 children. To sustain the economy, "we need immigration". Instead of focusing on white birthrates we -for some reason- import people that are physically, psychologically and culturally different. Take humanity, put it in a bag, shake it around and God knows what will come out.

Everything here in Europe has been built by white Europeans and white Europeans alone. Everything we have here, we owe to our white European ancestors. Now all of the sudden we have this wave of mass immigration. A group of people who feel entitled to everything that has been built by our ancestors, not theirs. They shame the white race for feeling proud of who we are, and we're supposed to hand them everything on a golden plate because "muh slavery". 

It is never a good thing to be a minority in a country. We as races are different and there will always be major conflicts if we try to live amongst eachother. This has nothing to do with "systematic oppressions" or whatever everyone is trying to call it. It's because they're simply unable to compete in the society that is made for whites. It honestly pains me to see Europe being diluted to a multicultural bastion full of conflict and injustice. There will always be injustice when different races live amongst eachother. Blue birds fly with the blue birds, red birds fly with the red birds.

It's not about who is "the greatest" people, it's a matter of which society favors what, and where you fit in the most. I want to preserve all cultures, but I wish we could do so living side by side in peace. Not amongst eachother. We're already seeing massive conflicts and it'll only get worse.

I want to preserve Europe and white people as a biological entity, and if I'm a racist for that so be it. But at least I give a shit about my heritage.
(Jun 8, 2017, 07:46 AM)Rizion Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know anything about such a movement - Can anyone provided me with some information, please?
(I'm from Germany so that might not be a thing here)

Probably because everything to do with it is censored in your country and (((they))) try to act like it doesn't exist.

Source: German friends
Even that dumb cartoon I linked is (((censored))), despite the fact it's primarily for entertainment purposes.
Pages: 1 2 3