Limelight Forums

Full Version: [In-Game] AFK Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>
In-Game

In detail, explain your suggestion:
This suggestion is to add in extra AFK mechanics to help the roleplay with the users around. With this suggestion, I'd like to make the suggestion of after a 30-60 minute timer in the AFK slot ([i]I put a time stamp to allow the community or staff to decide)[/i], events to be triggered onto the player. These would be:

o Removal of owned doors
Allowing for the removal of the doors owned by the user, this allows for other players to continue roleplay as I have experienced in the past that AFK players own market doors in the main street and as they are AFK they are unable to use them and this will be the same for other players.

o Props are removed, (Kept with /restoreprops)
With the removal of props it is the same. It allows for players to roleplay in areas that are no longer used players who are in the AFK Job. This also supports when a player goes to the AFK slot and is part of the government as the keypads would not be there to not prevent government from not getting though. This is generally a massive problem when a player goes AFK.

o Player is kicked when server is at 70/75 slots. (I believe this is already in place)
This is an obvious thing. This allows for more players to join when the servers get full and more occupied. This is a short thing however as we don't really reach max slots often and I am uncertain if this is already in place.

o In addition to these, the ability to change jobs, even with an active warrant.
As a method of CityRP, the server makes it so that you are unable to change jobs with an active warrant in hand. A method to support users who do is to allow them to change jobs when acting as the AFK job and changing. This is useful due to allowing players to not require staff or rejoining to change job - I have experienced in the past that some police forget to unwarrant, this is mainly the case for impounds.

o Welcome Back Notice
Even as this is a very minor thing, information about what action was taken when a player turns back to another job would be nice as it allows for the user to know what has happened such as all the props removed and money given back as the system sells the players doors.

Thank you.
+Support.
+Support
+Support
+Support
*Bump*
+Support

ForceGhost

+Support
+Support
+ Support.

Personally I would like to see props removed immediately when someone goes AFK though.
Although it has luckily not happened all too often, but there are few things as frustrating as when someone has built doors/gates around the nexus and then gone AFK (thus locking everyone in/out and having to call an admin just to remove the props.)
+Support for sure
*Bumpert*
***Bumpty Bump Bump***
++++++++++++++++++++Support++++++++++++++++++++
*Bump*
Pages: 1 2