Limelight Forums

Full Version: Donation Privacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.> Ingame

In detail, explain your suggestion: Make it so the donations aren't announced on the server if the donator doesn't want to. 

Why should this be implemented? Some people may want to keep it private that they donated for money packs or whatever they wanted. And I can't think of any reason as to why not. 

I'm not really overly bothered, but future donators may not appreciate it saying they purchased money packs or cards or whatever it may be.
+Support, also the option to hide your name anywhere on the UCP.
+Support
Can see why people would want to keep it for themselves.
+support , moved to popular
+support,bump
+Support.
Neutral | -Support
I don't really see any true benefit with this. Sure, players may not want to spam the screens when they receive a donator status or Moneypack however, I believe this shouldn't be done as it motivates other players to try to be like their friends and support the community with funds to keep it running. (Not that it doesn't get enough) Membership status is also another way to symbolize loyalty towards the server as you are spending real funds to keep what you enjoy alive.
+Support

It wont hurt anyone
(Dec 2, 2016, 03:02 PM)Commander Sours Wrote: [ -> ]Neutral
I don't really see any true benefit with this. Sure, players may not want to spam the screens when they receive a donator status or Moneypack however, I believe this shouldn't be done as it motivates other players to try to be like their friends and support the community with funds to keep it running. (Not that it doesn't get enough) Membership status is also another way to symbolize loyalty towards the server as you are spending real funds to keep what you enjoy alive.
-Support

Removes awareness of players becoming more charitable towards the community. Can show others tha donating may be a good idea.
(Nov 5, 2016, 01:18 AM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]if the donator doesn't want to. .

I think some people have not read this part, which is saying how it is OPTIONAL, therefore only those that want to keep it private would only enable this for themselves.

OT: +Support
I am still keeping to my point and I did read it however if you read mine or Soviet's post, the reason we gave not supported this is due to purchases from the membership site being a sign of loyalty and awareness towards the company and community and as  put, it may get other members determined to claim membership towards the server.

Sent via Mobile
+Support
But instead of saying "x bought moneypacks/donator" have it say "x donated x$ to the community"
(Dec 2, 2016, 06:15 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]-Support

Removes awareness of players becoming more charitable towards the community. Can show others tha donating may be a good idea.

money whore xd
(Dec 2, 2016, 06:30 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 5, 2016, 01:18 AM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]if the donator doesn't want to. .

I think some people have not read this part, which is saying how it is OPTIONAL, therefore only those that want to keep it private would only enable this for themselves.

OT: +Support

Even if optional, it will decrease awareness of donations.
Pages: 1 2 3