Limelight Forums

Full Version: How is turning on generators RP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
That event was pretty shit actually. All we did was run around finding generators and switching them on. Then trying to not get killed by op knife and crossbow wielding admins.

Where was the roleplay?
Considering the majority of staff members who attended got REPs, it's quite disappointing to see how people who are running around with knives get REPs, but people who build realistic setups in the warehouses and actually roleplay getting scared don't get REPs. It was so hyped up just to be a disappointment at the end when you try to have fun and roleplay with your friends in teams and then all of the staff who attended get REPs.
It's about getting noticed, but using that method in such a chaos event is pretty unfair.
Just my opinion, prove it wrong if you want.
I thought it was a pretty good roleplay. If you didn't like it then why did you stick around?
You probably got a REP. I stuck around to actually see if any RP was going to happen.
(Oct 29, 2016, 09:02 PM)Saiye Wrote: [ -> ]Considering the majority of staff members who attended got REPs, it's quite disappointing to see how people who are running around with knives get REPs, but people who build realistic setups in the warehouses and actually roleplay getting scared don't get REPs. It was so hyped up just to be a disappointment at the end when you try to have fun and roleplay with your friends in teams and then all of the staff who attended get REPs.

Only staff that roleplayed as "Hollows" got a REP.
We did roleplay, we built a legit shelter.
At the end i got to the Chopper and got killed, along with some other dudes.
Turning on Generators isn't RP, really. It's just switching a button, lol.
Before Event i waited around 1 hour for this event

Then we got tp into the bank for 30mins

Then we got put in a room for another 20 minutes

Then we did an RP for 2 Hours

Then we died just before the end

Then we waited for another 20 minutes for some people to get REP's

About 4 Hours wasted
If you had followed the narrative, it clearly states that your objective is to power all the generators so you are able to call for help and that you had  to be careful about doing so as there was clearly 'Killers' around. The story was there for you to read, Roleplay is dependent on your willingness to do so.

Here is the narrative written out piece by piece of the start of the event.

You stumble around attempting to find you bearings before attempting to leave your hotel rooms.

*LOCKED*

A radio can be heard in the distance, "Oh, you are awake! Well well. Let's play a little game with my new friends!"

*DOORS UNLOCK*

As you make your way towards the exit of the hotel, you notice blood trailing around to the front of the hotel.

A man lies in a pool of blood, firmly gripping onto a piece of paper. This must be important!

*PAGE 1: First day of analysis, damp climate and the residence seem to be sleeping. Will begin to take samples as soon as possible.*

*PAGE 2: Sample failure after the subject began to... eat himself, other residence are starting to deter us away by switching off our generators. *

*PAGE 3: You need to get out, use the generat--- *The rest of the paper has been ripped off, i must find the other piece!*

This was at the start of the event if you may have missed it.
Yea I tried to actually do something RP like and build a shelter but still such a let down.
(Oct 29, 2016, 09:06 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 29, 2016, 09:02 PM)Saiye Wrote: [ -> ]Considering the majority of staff members who attended got REPs, it's quite disappointing to see how people who are running around with knives get REPs, but people who build realistic setups in the warehouses and actually roleplay getting scared don't get REPs. It was so hyped up just to be a disappointment at the end when you try to have fun and roleplay with your friends in teams and then all of the staff who attended get REPs.

Only staff that roleplayed as "Hollows" got a REP.

But is it really "roleplay". It's easy to label yourself as a "Hollow" but when you're running around stabbing people while making ghost noises in your mic and the admins call it REP worthy? Sounds like they were all in the same Teamspeak channel and just wanted to hand REPs to each other for having a fun time. The REP system is biased and it always will be. Like for example, Nightmare got a REP for chilling in a locker? Just doesn't make sense
We did follow the Pages and the first Generators, but one TIP said that we should build shelters (can) at the Warehouse.
So we continued or RP there, where is the problem?
Also, why do Staff Members get RP points if they organized the event?
(Oct 29, 2016, 09:09 PM)mashaBiceps Wrote: [ -> ]We did follow the Pages and the first Generators, but one TIP said that we should build shelters (can) at the Warehouse.
So we continued or RP there, where is the problem?
Also, why do Staff Members get RP points if they organized the event?
The 3 mods that got one were part of it. they did not organize it.
(Oct 29, 2016, 09:08 PM)Saiye Wrote: [ -> ]But is it really "roleplay". It's easy to label yourself as a "Hollow" but when you're running around stabbing people while making ghost noises in your mic and the admins call it REP worthy? Sounds like they were all in the same Teamspeak channel and just wanted to hand REPs to each other for having a fun time. The REP system is biased and it always will be. Like for example, Nightmare got a REP for chilling in a locker? Just doesn't make sense
" Nightmare got a REP for chilling in a locker?"   We did the same, and we didn't get one.
The RP Points were given out to people that were SEEN "roleplaying" by a staff member, it's pretty unfair.
People also got REP's for 'crying in lockers' wow. Big deal. That is real RP.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6